untucked with suspenders?

I was wondering if anyone has tried wearing their C&A untucked but with suspenders? I saw a video on GGN where he mentioned that the warrior X4 had slits between the belly pad and rib pads and that you could have the pants and CA untucked with suspenders running through this seam. I really like the idea of this as I've always been untucked but sometimes find it shifts a bit too much or can ride high and interfere with my mask.

I noticed the hyperlite 2 had had similar spacing between the belly bad rib pad. I was planning on purchasing the hyperlite 2 because of this option but wanted to know if anyone has tried it yet?

Thanks!

i use mountain carabiners from home depot and hook them from the pant to the inside underside of chest where the 2 loops are has a green elastic , the other half of elatic ties down the back with a knot and a twist.

I wore my chest protector over the suspenders. I started doing this, because I had crappy suspenders that would not stay in place unless I crossed them over my shoulders. My.current suspenders stay in place without issues, but I do not tuck, because I put on all lower body equipment before upper body equipment. Tucking the chest protector would violate that sequence. 

7 hours ago, ser33 said:

you mean like Henrik?

https___bluelinestation.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2016_04_1140691142.thumb.jpeg.e2781fa6259d5ddc83e099c7c9174547.jpeg

398646142_.jpg.acd05bba4cf501de1d4d9b7f04ca7e00.jpg

I had a second hand Passau with this mod and it was by far the best chesty i ever used.

such a comfortable setup. all the mobility of un-tucked with the fit consistency and close fit feeling of a tuck. I like my chest protector to feel tight to the body, a fit that only suspenders over could provide

• Like 2

I’ve switched back and forth a bunch of times. My preference is suspenders under the chest protector with my pants tied to the chest protector with bungee cord. The mobility is awesome and if you use XL pants, your chest protector makes you a lot bigger. Covers up the holes in your armpits. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mik said:

Now I realized that you mean suspender over chest protector to hold it in place. Never tried, but looks like Hanks solution works. 

Lundy's Vaughn was custom cut at the bottom to accommodate for the suspender attachments at the belt

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ser33 said:

you mean like Henrik?

https___bluelinestation.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2016_04_1140691142.thumb.jpeg.e2781fa6259d5ddc83e099c7c9174547.jpeg

398646142_.jpg.acd05bba4cf501de1d4d9b7f04ca7e00.jpg

Yes, exactly!

I didn't explain very well but this was what I had meant. I was wondering if anyone else uses this method? It must work, but it looks kind of like it still pushes the C&A a bit or might limit bending forward.

11 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Lundy's Vaughn was custom cut at the bottom to accommodate for the suspender attachments at the belt

Yes, but look like mod that can by done by some gear repair company relatively easily on stock cheset.

On 7/14/2023 at 1:33 AM, mik said:

Yes, but look like mod that can by done by some gear repair company relatively easily on stock cheset.

I believe the warrior X4 and hyperlite 2 already have this "mod". So I was more wondering if anyone on here might have some experience playing with this set up.

• Like 1