EF6 Overview

TheGoalNet

11 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Hockeyreviews is a joke, he was crying here when he left as if anyone gave 2 shits.... when this is a community of one another helping each other, it was about himself. He's bias, and that palm test was a complete joke.  Any puck that hits the sweet spot will hurt 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ that's why we have pockets. Move on from him. 

The dude has a strange thigh fetish

• Haha 1

I take all reviews with a grain of salt, but lately I find myself putting less stock into what Hockeyreviews says because of how subjective and hyperbolic against whatever doesn't work for him and his game. Even on his CCM 581 Reddit post, when people give opposing opinions, he seems to get pretty defensive and talk about his sources which I mean could be anything. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

The dude has a strange thigh fetish

He's a self admitted drop and block goalie. Even in his Mach glove review, he mentions that a reason he didn't like the glove was because it forced the user to "catch" with it. He couldn't just let the puck hit the thumb/fingers and be automatically directed into the pocket. 

Couple that with needing the stiffest pads possible, I feel like dude expects gear to make the saves for him. 

And by watching his play, I don't think it's too far off. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, johncho said:

I take all reviews with a grain of salt, but lately I find myself putting less stock into what Hockeyreviews says because of how subjective and hyperbolic against whatever doesn't work for him and his game. Even on his CCM 581 Reddit post, when people give opposing opinions, he seems to get pretty defensive and talk about his sources which I mean could be anything. 

You're 100 percent on that, he can't take criticism, opinions, it boils him up inside and he gets SO defensive.  It's like dude, WHY are you even doing reviews? Stick to your day job because it's not on the ice, clearly by his videos.  I guess this is why he left this forum, with his crybaby post.....just can't take others opinions, or heat for that matter.  I wonder if he's actually lurking this place haha. 

4 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

You're 100 percent on that, he can't take criticism, opinions, it boils him up inside and he gets SO defensive.  It's like dude, WHY are you even doing reviews? Stick to your day job because it's not on the ice, clearly by his videos.  I guess this is why he left this forum, with his crybaby post.....just can't take others opinions, or heat for that matter.  I wonder if he's actually lurking this place haha. 

Pretty sure he left due to the issues related to second string leather company using this site as another advertising stream and not being part of the community. 

Him and TGN had a differing opinion on what it means to be a member and that was the catalyst of it.

I think IpV6 left for similar reasons too. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

1 hour ago, johncho said:

I try NOT to follow other reviews. I don't want anyone's opinion to cloud mine.

If am I unsure if I trust my opinion on a topic, I ask GGN, InGoal, or some other trusted people...

But what is the opposing views on 580? He likes it or does not?

21 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I try NOT to follow other reviews. I don't want anyone's opinion to cloud mine.

If am I unsure if I trust my opinion on a topic, I ask GGN, InGoal, or some other trusted people...

But what is the opposing views on 580? He likes it or does not?

It's the 581 he's reviewing that has sparked this conversation. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHrwePpC8s

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He's a self admitted drop and block goalie. Even in his Mach glove review, he mentions that a reason he didn't like the glove was because it forced the user to "catch" with it. He couldn't just let the puck hit the thumb/fingers and be automatically directed into the pocket. 

Couple that with needing the stiffest pads possible, I feel like dude expects gear to make the saves for him. 

And by watching his play, I don't think it's too far off. 

I get he's a mess league guy trying his best but he is... not very good. And the stiffest possible pads are really better off with a more flexible user. Not that other people can't use them but its definitely easier the more flexibility you have. The guy just has too many excuses. At the end of the day if a piece of gear doesn't work for you just say it isn't for you. 

Just frustrates me that a guy like this thinks he knows all. As someone who has grown up in the heavily goalie coached era, everything is about technique now. Why should someone like myself or any other younger goalies take gear advice from a guy who plays old school, doing just about everything "wrong"? Again I get that everyone plays there own way and stuff, which I respect, its part of why I value input from everyone on here so much, but this guy is making one leg up pad saves and then explaining pad seal 2 minutes later. I want gear advice from someone who at least understands the purpose ofall the tech in the gear, even if they don't use it exactly the way its intended. 

Sorry but if you can't tell I'm not a fan and have had this waiting inside me for some time now lol

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, johncho said:

What game lol

45 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Right, why open yourself up to criticism if you aren't up to take the heat?  It's not a job for everyone, and I think he was in it for what he thought would be 'free gear'

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I get he's a mess league guy trying his best but he is... not very good. And the stiffest possible pads are really better off with a more flexible user. Not that other people can't use them but its definitely easier the more flexibility you have. The guy just has too many excuses. At the end of the day if a piece of gear doesn't work for you just say it isn't for you. 

Just frustrates me that a guy like this thinks he knows all. As someone who has grown up in the heavily goalie coached era, everything is about technique now. Why should someone like myself or any other younger goalies take gear advice from a guy who plays old school, doing just about everything "wrong"? Again I get that everyone plays there own way and stuff, which I respect, its part of why I value input from everyone on here so much, but this guy is making one leg up pad saves and then explaining pad seal 2 minutes later. I want gear advice from someone who at least understands the purpose ofall the tech in the gear, even if they don't use it exactly the way its intended. 

Sorry but if you can't tell I'm not a fan and have had this waiting inside me for some time now lol

Both of us my guy, can't stand him. Had enough run ins with him. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Hockeyreviews is a joke, he was crying here when he left as if anyone gave 2 shits.... when this is a community of one another helping each other, it was about himself. He's bias, and that palm test was a complete joke.  Any puck that hits the sweet spot will hurt 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ that's why we have pockets. Move on from him. 

For anyone wondering... this is some old stuff, haha

Initially, anyone who volunteered to be a mod and offered a skill set which I did not have, was "hired" (it's a volunteer thing).

HR (Hills) and I generally had different view points. He got frustrated I always picked my own path instead of his suggestions. Two sides to every story? He probably felt I was stubborn and didn't value his input.

He wanted a poster banned, the poster in question had some offline conversations with me, and I wanted to give him another chance. I asked Hills to take the time to discuss this situation with me on the phone and also review revamping the mods role. He said he didn't want to talk me, I said it didn't make sense he was a mod anymore, and he started his own content creation after that.  

• Like 2

Gotta say it's nice to hear confirmation I'm not the only one who can't stand him or think it's outrageous that he posts his God awful in game play. Major, major cringe factor. He is ABOSULTELY in it for the free gear, there's zero doubt about that. The fact that True seems to have made a custom set for him just boggles the mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, froese said:

Gotta say it's nice to hear confirmation I'm not the only one who can't stand him or think it's outrageous that he posts his God awful in game play. Major, major cringe factor. He is ABOSULTELY in it for the free gear, there's zero doubt about that. The fact that True seems to have made a custom set for him just boggles the mind.

I don't work with True corporate like I do Bauer or CCM. I have a friend in the Montreal factory for my True connection and that's how I got my demo set.

So maybe he is working with them? But from what I know, he is NOT getting free stuff from Bauer or CCM. Last I knew, he worked at a shop for the employee discount and leveraged that to acquire gear.

17 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

For anyone wondering... this is some old stuff, haha

Initially, anyone who volunteered to be a mod and offered a skill set which I did not have, was "hired" (it's a volunteer thing).

HR (Hills) and I generally had different view points. He got frustrated I always picked my own path instead of his suggestions. Two sides to every story? He probably felt I was stubborn and didn't value his input.

He wanted a poster banned, the poster in question had some offline conversations with me, and I wanted to give him another chance. I asked Hills to take the time to discuss this situation with me on the phone and also review revamping the mods role. He said he didn't want to talk me, I said it didn't make sense he was a mod anymore, and he started his own content creation after that.  

I think your decision to not value his input was a good one.

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

I don't work with True corporate like I do Bauer or CCM. I have a friend in the Montreal factory for my True connection and that's how I get my demo set.

So maybe is working with it? But from what I know, he is NOT getting free stuff from Bauer or CCM. Last I knew, he worked at a shop for the employee discount and leveraged that to acquire gear.

This is a long standing goalie resource/message board that has a good reputation and warrants company cooperation, has members that provide valuable reviews & feedback, and is run well. Any corporate cooperation or relationships you have makes sense and has been earned.

Him, not so much.

As much as I would love to start my own gear reviews just to add an additional opinion to the pile I don't have the energy or focus to provide in depth reviews. I certainly have the ice time, resources, and a high enough caliber of team to properly test equipment so I'll chip in from time to time but frankly I'm camera shy and typing reviews seem annoying to both the author and the reader.

Also "day in the life" vloggers are annoying for bystanders. Maybe that's just me

I may start providing game footage again this year and if that goes well I may wear a wireless ear bud as a microphone and see what happens. All of this is to be decided

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I don't work with True corporate like I do Bauer or CCM. I have a friend in the Montreal factory for my True connection and that's how I got my demo set.

So maybe he is working with them? But from what I know, he is NOT getting free stuff from Bauer or CCM. Last I knew, he worked at a shop for the employee discount and leveraged that to acquire gear.

He keeps on saying, I borrow my firends gear (using his Axis set for like a month), sure you do buddy.  I think he gets the Demo sets from Source for Sports on Don Mills where I go, and have Demoed a set before, perhaps another Source for Sports in another area too.  He probably calls every second of every hour to get his hands on it, that's what he does.  He gets nothing for free, no connections to any hockey company out there.

Heck, the guy I know from PIAS gets me better deals lol

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

31 minutes ago, froese said:

45 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Both of us my guy, can't stand him. Had enough run ins with him. 

The fact that the dude is a mod on r/HockeyGoalies now after deciding to jump ship off here is pretty much all you need to know.  IMO he needed to have the big swingin dick in the room, and when he realized he wasn't that guy here he had to leave.

41 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

He keeps on saying, I borrow my firends gear (using his Axis set for like a month), sure you do buddy.  I think he gets the Demo sets from Source for Sports on Don Mills where I go, and have Demoed a set before, perhaps another Source for Sports in another area too.  He probably calls every second of every hour to get his hands on it, that's what he does.  He gets nothing for free, no connections to any hockey company out there.

Heck, the guy I know from PIAS gets me better deals lol

Let's correct this statement, no company wants to deal with him.

He's got a decent following and you'd think someone would have approached him at this point.

• Like 1