EF6 Overview

TheGoalNet

1 minute ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Wow you really are my future. I was gonna say it but retard offends some people these days so rather you than me

The fact that calling someone a retard now is so frowned upon is retarded. 

I've been banned from a few places for it. Mods here don't have the balls to ban their best member, so I can say whatever I want here. 

38 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Somehow I missed that he was ever on here, weird.

2 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Thats what I’m sayin, had no clue this guy was ever around. Same with the IPV6 whatever guy that someone else mentioned.

Hills and IPV6 both left early 2018. So before Seagoal joined and before a younggoalie was born. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The fact that calling someone a retard now is so frowned upon is retarded. 

I've been banned from a few places for it. Mods here don't have the balls to ban their best member, so I can say whatever I want here. 

Wow I’m honored, can’t believe you called me the future best member.

Now to get you out of here quickly so I can presently become the best member!!!

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Hills and IPV6 both left early 2018. So before Seagoal joined and before a younggoalie was born. 

Not sure how but I actually remember IPV6freely. Maybe I just looked at an old forum once that he was in but I remember him from somewhere. Hills is about as relevant as Hockey Reviews

5 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Not sure how but I actually remember IPV6freely. Maybe I just looked at an old forum once that he was in but I remember him from somewhere. Hills is about as relevant as Hockey Reviews

same, I remember him too.  There have been a number of heels on here over the years.

These look sick

1680703172_CCME-Flex6GoaliePadsCUSTOM4.thumb.webp.0b206d0b68e0c13bca0b6f49fe0800d2.webp

• Like 5

On 8/16/2023 at 3:35 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Dembones and Goalie Crease Guardian are both great channels. Go figure they're both EBUG's. 

That they are. And both are better goaltenders than Trav is. Ridgen's real talent is making videos, not stopping pucks, which for the record is TOTALLY fine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AdamL said:

That they are. And both are better goaltenders than Trav is. Ridgen's real talent is making videos, not stopping pucks, which for the record is TOTALLY fine.

Trav is actually great at cinematography.

I'm also 90% sure that his entire reason he was able to get into the FPHL in the first place was to bring eyes to a new expansion team. He got routinely passed over for playing time by guys getting called up when their starter was hurt/called up himself. 

There's a reason his only playing time was because the starter got kicked out for fighting.  

36 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Trav is actually great at cinematography.

I'm also 90% sure that his entire reason he was able to get into the FPHL in the first place was to bring eyes to a new expansion team. He got routinely passed over for playing time by guys getting called up when their starter was hurt/called up himself. 

There's a reason his only playing time was because the starter got kicked out for fighting.  

He really is!  And he's a good communicator. His podcast can be genuinely entertaining, IMO.

I've always thought the same thing about him being in the FPHL, though I am curious to see how he does following surgery.

On 8/17/2023 at 11:29 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Hockeyreviews is a joke, he was crying here when he left as if anyone gave 2 shits.... when this is a community of one another helping each other, it was about himself. He's bias, and that palm test was a complete joke.  Any puck that hits the sweet spot will hurt 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ that's why we have pockets. Move on from him. 

Guess it just means I'm not 10ply? Pro palm and not a issue.  🤔😅😅

PXL_20230819_124752493.jpg

On 8/18/2023 at 1:03 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty sure we're just a handsome collection of retards. 

I understand this was used as an effort of self-deprecation and I have 0 patience for opening a discussion on "Cancel culture". I know you're always jovial with your posts and this was not meant to be mean spirited.

But yes, "retard" is a word that is not longer socially acceptable and people can take offense to it. Let's refrain from using it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

IP helped design the forum aesthetic because he had experience with it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 2:01 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

and typing reviews seem annoying to both the author and the reader.

I disagree.  Give me a well thought out, cogent and concise typed review over a video any day of the week.   The handful of decent video creators out there are buried under an avalanche of guys who do nonsense one-take, unrehearsed stream of consciousness rambles that jump around and make no sense.   As an example, TGN's videos are well lit, scripted, and properly edited.   Compare that to most of what's out there an you'd have to be desperate for info to tolerate it.

I love the guys on here who take the time to write a review and keep it up to date.   I'm not buying a couple sets of gear a year anymore, but it's been really nice to keep up with the updates in the thought process behind the gear.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I disagree.  Give me a well thought out, cogent and concise typed review over a video any day of the week.   The handful of decent video creators out there are buried under an avalanche of guys who do nonsense one-take, unrehearsed stream of consciousness rambles that jump around and make no sense.   As an example, TGN's videos are well lit, scripted, and properly edited.   Compare that to most of what's out there an you'd have to be desperate for info to tolerate it.

I love the guys on here who take the time to write a review and keep it up to date.   I'm not buying a couple sets of gear a year anymore, but it's been really nice to keep up with the updates in the thought process behind the gear.

Maybe I'll put something out there as far as a G6 review but doubt I'll give a proper review on Hyperlite 2

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I understand this was used as an effort of self-deprecation and I have 0 patience for opening a discussion on "Cancel culture". I know you're always jovial with your posts and this was not meant to be mean spirited.

But yes, "retard" is a word that is not longer socially acceptable and people can take offense to it. Let's refrain from using it.

Well yea, you don't call someone with a mental disability that word. That's uncouth.

You call your friends that word. Because that's hilarious. 

• Haha 1