2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

14 hours ago, seagoal said:

I love the blending on the cage too.  And if you look on the inside of the cage it is not painted,  just left uniformly blank so it doesn't affect his visual field.  You can see it in front of his left eye. 

The artist had to tape off each bar only half the diameter.   Pretty neat touch. 

I see it now 🤣. Very nice touch indeed!

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

CCM's printing is such a Wish™ version of Bauer's Digiprint. 

Agreed it's worse, but it's like worse of two bads.  

I've personally never got onboard with pads printed on pads.  Just not for me.  

There was some Minnesota goalie who did it with green/yellow and it looked OK as far as bad can go.

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

Agreed it's worse, but it's like worse of two bads.  

I've personally never got onboard with pads printed on pads.  Just not for me.  

There was some Minnesota goalie who did it with green/yellow and it looked OK as far as bad can go.

There's been a lot of duds, but I've also been pretty impressed with a lot of the junior and college kids printed set ups. 

There's also the simple designs that look well too. I'm glad it's here. 

Though this is an image of a ccm printed blocker lol. 

Screenshot_20231030_212339_SidelineSwap.jpg

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

There's been a lot of duds, but I've also been pretty impressed with a lot of the junior and college kids printed set ups. 

I guess all printers run out of ink 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm not a huge fan of CCM's products, but this definitely looks like someone took a magic eraser to it. It's not something I had thought about with printed graphics previously, but it would make sense that this could happen with them in such a situation. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I could be mistaken but I think this was one of their earliest attempts at printing. And it's probably also the reason they don't do much printing on speedskin anymore lol

7 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I could be mistaken but I think this was one of their earliest attempts at printing. And it's probably also the reason they don't do much printing on speedskin anymore lol

Yes, CCM is on like iteration 5 of printing. That's why it's been launched at Pro and not retail, yet. Working out  the process and doing with R&D with the pro clients.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, keeperton said:

I'm not a huge fan of CCM's products, but this definitely looks like someone took a magic eraser to it. It's not something I had thought about with printed graphics previously, but it would make sense that this could happen with them in such a situation. 

7 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Yea, it's definitely due to some sort of abrasive puck remover. 

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-full-sets/7221939-ccm-custom-graphic-axis-2-goalie-pads-glove-blocker-set-34-1-5

Rest of the set isn't bad. I just wanted to cherry pick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, it's definitely due to some sort of abrasive puck remover. 

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-full-sets/7221939-ccm-custom-graphic-axis-2-goalie-pads-glove-blocker-set-34-1-5

Rest of the set isn't bad. I just wanted to cherry pick. 

Woah, even though it's cartoony those leg pads look sweet.

On 10/28/2023 at 9:27 PM, RedX said:

I’ve also wondered about his pad leg channel strapping. Clearly custom, but looks after market. When Vasi wore the super open leg channel like this, it still looked like Bauer made it, these don’t. 

Answering my own question. It does look like the calf set up comes from Bauer it’s just very custom. 

IMG_9574.jpeg

• Like 2