2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

52 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Another shadow stick here from Prosvetov. Love the burgundy here.

Also, this might be the best mask of the year imo

AAD547C0-DE24-4FD6-A022-DD24220FC770.jpeg

6F4C456C-44B2-492F-AD29-4EED421C7831.jpeg

my favourite Prosvetov highlight is when we booed him out of the arena in Abbotsford because he was a flopper. 

Managed to rattle him to let in 5 goals and give the old toss the arms up move to the crowd as he got pulled. 

good times. 

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Another shadow stick here from Prosvetov. Love the burgundy here.

Also, this might be the best mask of the year imo

AAD547C0-DE24-4FD6-A022-DD24220FC770.jpeg

6F4C456C-44B2-492F-AD29-4EED421C7831.jpeg

I was going to post this because I was trying to get one last night but you beat me to it plus its a ultrasonic not an actual shadow

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

my favourite Prosvetov highlight is when we booed him out of the arena in Abbotsford because he was a flopper. 

Managed to rattle him to let in 5 goals and give the old toss the arms up move to the crowd as he got pulled. 

good times. 

dick

6 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

6 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

can't find a good enough pic of it but the one he was using had stock shoulders not cut like that one

Almost 100 percent sure he uses a custom grip. Could've sworn the pro return snowman posted is it.

Almost 100 percent sure he uses a custom grip. Could've sworn the pro return snowman posted is it.

The one on sideline has a custom grip yes but I’m pretty sure the one that he used last night did not have a custom grip 

You can see that the top shoulder on his is slanted where the one on sideline is square 

IMG_0175.thumb.jpeg.1c33043dba18ab86c9e64749e8cfbfa6.jpegIMG_0176.thumb.jpeg.97628c5c0af066373e818fa5fd2b792c.jpeg

maybe he was just trying the grip and didn’t like it that’s why they are for sale now 

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I was wrong, 4 goals against. 

23 seconds for the flop

5:36 for the tantrum 

That is in no way a flop. He definitely stuck out his leg to trip (or at least block the path), but that is certainly not a flop. Not sure how you managed to read that as such, frankly.

9 hours ago, keeperton said:

That is in no way a flop. He definitely stuck out his leg to trip (or at least block the path), but that is certainly not a flop. Not sure how you managed to read that as such, frankly.

His upper body was twisting before contact was made (plus there was no upper body contact). Right leg was twisting as contact was made and not due to the left leg movement forcing it. 

A lot of the movement was done in anticipation of the contact coming and not due to the actual contact. 

He stuck out his leg knowing that there was a guarantee of contact in the crease and exaggerated his movements accordingly. 

AKA a flop.

Edited by coopaloop1234

23 hours ago, keeperton said:

14 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

His upper body was twisting before contact was made (plus there was no upper body contact). Right leg was twisting as contact was made and not due to the left leg movement forcing it. 

A lot of the movement was done in anticipation of the contact coming and not due to the actual contact. 

He stuck out his leg knowing that there was a guarantee of contact in the crease and exaggerated his movements accordingly. 

AKA a flop.

I doooonnnnnnn’t knowwww

I think he stuck his leg out knowing the chance for contact was there, however the guy shouldn’t have been skating there anyway. Prosvetov was on the goal line. I can attest to the upper body twisting like that when the lower body gets violently torqued like that. Maybe he sold it a little once he was on the ground but the way he fell looks real to me. I just think he knew what he was doing

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I doooonnnnnnn’t knowwww

I think he stuck his leg out knowing the chance for contact was there, however the guy shouldn’t have been skating there anyway. Prosvetov was on the goal line. I can attest to the upper body twisting like that when the lower body gets violently torqued like that. Maybe he sold it a little once he was on the ground but the way he fell looks real to me. I just think he knew what he was doing

His head and upper body were twisting pre contact. That's what makes this clear cut to me. 

I'm all for siding with goalies when contact happens in the crease, but I absolutely loathe when guys flop or sell contact. 

I get it, it's super competitive hockey, still hate it. 

I know we enjoy making fun of DaveArt mask designs, but I usually try to wait to see how they look on a broadcast before fully judging them. Some of them do work, though a lot do not.

I do like this on, at least a basis, and think it might look nice in their home unis.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:13 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Thompson with a new home set tonight. I’ve never seen this glove backhand from Bauer where its one piece

C40A9848-9200-49A7-9CE0-97019601FA5D.jpeg

C99F54DF-60E8-4A82-BE20-A4C1FFD98CC7.jpeg

Interesting that bauer labeled his custom specific colored Mach graphic as digiprint on the boot of the pads and glove backhand

7 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Interesting that bauer labeled his custom specific colored Mach graphic as digiprint on the boot of the pads and glove backhand

Good eye. Seems he's worn Supreme gear historically too, so my theory of it being a Vapour pad with the alternate skin doesn't hold. 

Though, since he's in Ultrasonic gear or S60, I wonder if they used Digiprint because of that? Though Oettinger's Shadow pads (ultrasonics) are listed as Shadow. 

So who knows.