2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

8 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Lundqvist debuting the shadow line. Don't hate the blocker as much as I thought I would and the strapping looks relatively unchanged from HL2. Graphic is pretty solid too. Oettinger will be switching to shadow soon too according to Lundqvist, likely for the all star games. 

Screenshot_20240126_130950_Instagram.thumb.jpg.7312ca59b7092ab3e58970631a008b3e.jpg

Screenshot_20240126_131147_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e2400833e8aef60c015aed303bc39a6d.jpg

Where are these pictures from? Any actual better pictures of his strapping set up?

It kind of looks like the old CRS set up he's always used. 

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Where are these pictures from? Any actual better pictures of his strapping set up?

It kind of looks like the old CRS set up he's always used. 

Both came from Lundqvist's instagram. If you look closely you can see the tune fit plus strap overlapped by the knee strap at the calf

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Both came from Lundqvist's instagram. If you look closely you can see the tune fit plus strap overlapped by the knee strap at the calf

That's what I thought it was. It's probably a standard stock set due to the gloves being not modified to shit. 

aka: an actual side wall on the blocker and not a two piece cuff on the glove. 

Speaking of the blocker, looks fine and nowhere near as bad as the catalogue made it seem. Saying that, still looks like it would be a bit cumbersome. 

I like the more flexible nature of the older Supreme styled finger protection. Feels like a nice middle ground between coverage and usage. 

I haven't had any issues with the finger protection either, I'm still surprised it's been changed. 

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Speaking of the blocker, looks fine and nowhere near as bad as the catalogue made it seem. Saying that, still looks like it would be a bit cumbersome. 

I like the more flexible nature of the older Supreme styled finger protection. Feels like a nice middle ground between coverage and usage. 

I haven't had any issues with the finger protection either, I'm still surprised it's been changed. 

Completely agree. It looked awful in the catalog and doesn't seem to bad here. I've never been hit on the fingers with a Bauer blocker either so I don't understand the change. It is very similar to how warriors sidewall is though so guess I can't complain

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Completely agree. It looked awful in the catalog and doesn't seem to bad here. I've never been hit on the fingers with a Bauer blocker either so I don't understand the change. It is very similar to how warriors sidewall is though so guess I can't complain

Pretty close, you're right. 

I want to get my filthy mitts on these to see them in person. 

2 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Thej graphic looks like it could be the best Bauer stock graphic in a minute too.   Depending on if you can make any changes to that big white zone in the lower middle. 

GGN.jpg.85504a951a5b3559c590439948f95c2d.jpg.366d8cc4dab57f6200264938bc1fee9b.jpg

Here's a better view of all the colour zones. 

Looks like there's 5 different colour zones plus the thin vertical line. 

13 minutes ago, Kub29 said:

Between the rebounds and the look, I almost went with the Machs except the strapping just felt weird to me..

Shadow looks good but dammit, I like the Mach name better.

I think the name and graphic on the Mach are better too. 

FYI, the new Supreme and Vapour lines use identical attachment points for the leg strapping and are made to be interchangeable. 

So the Tune Fit+ and Tune Fit 2.0 can work with either line. The blend between both lines mostly comes down to small details at this point/ 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's what I thought it was. It's probably a standard stock set due to the gloves being not modified to shit. 

aka: an actual side wall on the blocker and not a two piece cuff on the glove. 

Dude's like what the hell is this thing on my hand that actually closes?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

GGN.jpg.85504a951a5b3559c590439948f95c2d.jpg.366d8cc4dab57f6200264938bc1fee9b.jpg

Here's a better view of all the colour zones. 

Looks like there's 5 different colour zones plus the thin vertical line. 

I'd forgotten that pic, thanks.   So, not quite as much to work with as I'd hoped, but still strong possibilities.  

2 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I'd forgotten that pic, thanks.   So, not quite as much to work with as I'd hoped, but still strong possibilities.  

It's not like the Supreme line has had a strong variety in colour options. Shadow is up there for more available. 

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

It's not like the Supreme line has had a strong variety in colour options. Shadow is up there for more available. 

You're not wrong.  Plus, if you're really a whore you can pay for Digi-Print and the world is your oyster.  

1 minute ago, Puckstopper said:

You're not wrong.  Plus, if you're really a whore you can pay for Digi-Print and the world is your oyster.  

Pretty sure it's by design. Provide a basic enough graphic that looks fine to push the likelyhood people want something more elaborate or personalized. 

55 minutes ago, The Teal Terror said:

Took me longer than I wanted, but best I could do at the moment;

Its not all white, so I heavily approve!

Kaapo Kähkönen’s new alternative set up.

IMG_3793.jpeg

Just needs a black stick now, then it would be perfect.

Agreed with the black stick. But Kaapo should also customize a newer and darker helmet to match the sweaters.

27 minutes ago, MTH said:

Do the Sharks wear teal helmets? Looks like one on the shelf behind him. That's cool.

Teal stick and helmet if it were me.

Yeah, they do.  They just started wearing the teal helmets with the road unis, too.  I think them and a couple other teams now wear their colored helmets with white unis (I know I've seen the Canes do it, not sure who else).