2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

FWIW, I used to skate with some Ducks staff and one of the guys had a Ryan Miller stick. 24.5" is what was printed on the stick and also on the 3rd pic below. So Bobrovsky's might be even shorter (22" or 22.5") than what InGoal says.

Pagesfrom23CCM_ProStickGuide_NA_Page_1.thumb.jpg.4a9f3630b2495310811eb080fafd77bb.jpg

Pagesfrom23CCM_ProStickGuide_NA_Page_2.thumb.jpg.38c7d24ba9d86e38b92272d480656468.jpg

Pagesfrom23CCM_ProStickGuide_NA_Page_3.thumb.jpg.1e7a12c7cd61af9448916e1bce540a3a.jpg

Interesting, thanks for sharing this!

How tall is Bob? 6'1, 6'2? Playing with a stick of like 24" less has to feel so different. I'm not Bob of course but at 6'2, 25" is my max lowest I can go without crippling my 5 hole on corner deflections. 

That might explain the low low wide stances so many use.

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

How tall is Bob? 6'1, 6'2? Playing with a stick of like 24" less has to feel so different. I'm not Bob of course but at 6'2, 25" is my max lowest I can go without crippling my 5 hole on corner deflections. 

That might explain the low low wide stances so many use.

I’m 6’2 using 26s shaved like this (this is Askarov’s mine looks a lot more like a garage project)

I’ve never measured how much I cut off or anything but its somewhere in the 24.5/25 range I’m guessing. In other words its super short for my height by “older” people’s standards

5AA81C74-5C84-4659-B786-D154DA2E709B.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I’m 6’2 using 26s shaved like this (this is Askarov’s mine looks a lot more like a garage project)

I’ve never measured how much I cut off or anything but its somewhere in the 24.5/25 range I’m guessing. In other words its super short for my height by “older” people’s standards

5AA81C74-5C84-4659-B786-D154DA2E709B.jpeg

I'm 6'1 and use a 24 inch CCM. The shorter paddle just frees up your movement especially in a lower stance and in the butterfly 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MTH said:

I use a regular stick and I play C league over 40.

Bob has a crazy custom stick and he's one of the best goalies on the planet.

Conclusion? My stock sticks are holding me back.

I´m not completely sure.  I´m using some pro return stuff and looks like it is not in equipment (Ondřej Pavelec disagrees 😄).

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, chile57 said:

Guess the thick sarcasm I said it with on the other side of the screen didn't come through. 🤣 In short - they are short. How short? Who really knows for sure except the equipment manager (or not - since pro equipment is less so focused on sizing and points to the owner mostly and he probably doesn't carry around a tape measure (or doesn't he (?))).

Oops

Screenshot_20240306_005800_Instagram.thumb.jpg.8e2612fdd85390f061772bb86d26e248.jpg

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Does anyone know what Mrazek uses on his stick blade it’s not tape but it doesn’t look like one of the stickers it almost looks like it’s just paint 

Does look like it.

EDIT - It's a Rezztek® Goalie Edition

Edited by MTH
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, itis121 said:

Haven't been on here for a while. Did anyone mention Samsonov's gloss green on his st pats set? Is it vinyl? 

Unless pad skin has a new kind of product. Looked like electrical tape lolll

• 2 weeks later...

Some Bobrovsky specs from a True video posted to their Instagram.

Bobrovsky.thumb.png.8d3081b5913339e937b03f32c55e2371.png

Looks like it reads:

"Bobrovsky Pad - Catalyst (33-??) Tight(?) ..."
"Angle Options Single Break Core No Break Outer ..." Can't tell if it says Soft or Stiff
"Knee Zone Soft Foam (No Outer Knee Wrap)"
"Boot Flex (Core) Flex"
"Leg Strap Elastic Strap 2" Below Knee Fixed Single"
"Boot Strap No Strap"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looks like it reads:

"Angle Options Single Break Core No Break Outer ..." Can't tell if it says Soft or Stiff
"Boot Flex (Core) Flex"
"Boot Strap No Strap"

Pretty sure that says "stiff" with regards to the core.

10 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looks like it reads:

"Boot Flex (Core) Flex"
"Boot Strap No Strap"

7 hours ago, keeperton said:

Pretty sure that says "stiff" with regards to the core.

Yup, and to me it looks like 33 - 2.5

Also, since he's currently wearing px4, and prior to that had 20.2's, was this maybe just a set for him to test?

Edit #2 - just saw it says Janvier 2024, which for you Americans means January. No translation required for 2024.

Edited by froese
  • Like 1

Flyers managed to smuggle 6’8” Ivan Fedotov out of a Russian gulag and got him to Vorhees Nj, which is arguably worse than being trapped in Russia.  They sent Sandstrom down to the AHL so looks like Fedotov will at least be on the bench right off the bat.  

Interesting he’s wearing a Wall mask. 

IMG_9197.thumb.jpeg.64701ef5abcb31bd415f6597fa9220f9.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

Flyers managed to smuggle 6’8” Ivan Fedotov out of a Russian gulag and got him to Vorhees Nj, which is arguably worse than being trapped in Russia.  They sent Sandstrom down to the AHL so looks like Fedotov will at least be on the bench right off the bat.  

Interesting he’s wearing a Wall mask. 

IMG_9197.thumb.jpeg.64701ef5abcb31bd415f6597fa9220f9.jpeg

Bauer pads, True gloves, Vaughn pants, CCM C/A (or Vaughn, quessing from the right shoulder floater shape?), Wall mask 😅

Don't know, but would imagine that more than few KHL goalies use Wall mask.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:28 PM, jerd31 said:

Flyers managed to smuggle 6’8” Ivan Fedotov out of a Russian gulag and got him to Vorhees Nj, which is arguably worse than being trapped in Russia.  

Ouch