Single Serve Coffee Machine

TheGoalNet

Kuerig broke. Looking for a new system. 

Anyone got a ninja? Keurig still the way to go?

I’m the only one who drinks coffee, so it makes a single cup 90% of the time. I have a reusable filter and gave up on the pods long ago. If I was into pods still, I’d be all over nespresso 

If you want to continue using a reusable filter then you can't beat the Keurig since you already know what you'er getting. The Nespresso coffee tastes better than the Keurig but I'm not sure if they have reusable filters. There is also a sale on the Nespresso machine in the color Red.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBJ2UT5/ref=twister_B07K5BT3KD?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=953c26ae00dc11e99f423e364c14c4010INT&th=1

2 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Nespresso. I do the smaller espresso capsules but they have machines that do larger ones for fuller cups of coffee. 

See above, I’d be all over a nespresso... we have one at our office and it’s great, but I like the flexibility of the reusable filter thing.

1 hour ago, Kaveman42 said:

If you want to continue using a reusable filter then you can't beat the Keurig since you already know what you'er getting. The Nespresso coffee tastes better than the Keurig but I'm not sure if they have reusable filters. There is also a sale on the Nespresso machine in the color Red.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBJ2UT5/ref=twister_B07K5BT3KD?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=953c26ae00dc11e99f423e364c14c4010INT&th=1

Okay, thanks 

Sounds like no one is pro Ninja, that’s the other model that sorta seemed interesting 

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Okay, thanks 

Sounds like no one is pro Ninja, that’s the other model that sorta seemed interesting 

Sofia Vergara is all the pro ninja you need.  If you aren't aware, YouTube it :)

I'm a coffee professional for a living, and unfortunately have no input on auto machinery, but I have input for days on pour over type brewing tools that all require boiling water and precision grinding :(

Italians are the only ones who know how to do good coffee. Get anything from DeLonghi.

If you just need a cheap single-cup machine, get something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-EC155M-Espresso-Machine-Cappuccino/dp/B072X2HHQ3/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1544949276&sr=8-20&keywords=delonghi+coffee

If you wanna get fully automated machine (it grinds the beans fresh each cup) then it's usually in the $500-1000 range, something like this will get you in the game:

https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-ESAM3300-Magnifica-Super-Automatic-Espresso/dp/B000N2YKQ0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544949313&sr=8-3&keywords=delonghi+prima+donna

If you want top-end, look at Jura, it's Swiss not Italian, but maybe the best:

https://www.amazon.com/Jura-15070-Automatic-Coffee-Platinum/dp/B06Y5SBWRW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1544951323&sr=8-6&keywords=jura+coffee

I am a coffee hound. I use the pour-over method like a dirty hipster. Doesn't take too long and the results are much better. It cuts down on the toxins that get produced by overheating or from typical drip methods. It's a cleaner and more flavorful cup too! I don't get that crash or cranky.

Wife got us the Technivorm. Seems like it’s the Ferrari of coffee makers. Makes a great cup, but if you aren’t willing to do the ritual every morning and need a set and forget, I’d prob roll with the nespresso. 

Everywhere we traveled in Europe, we’d run into the nespresso in one way or another. I thought it made super tasty espresso style with minimal effort. I looked into it and the pods are recyclable which is nice. I didn’t look into the cleaning (the reason I avoid Keurig as much as possible). One thing I do recall is that the nespresso branded maker was LOUD!

5 minutes ago, Taco said:

Wife got us the Technivorm. Seems like it’s the Ferrari of coffee makers. Makes a great cup, but if you aren’t willing to do the ritual every morning and need a set and forget, I’d prob roll with the nespresso. 

Everywhere we traveled in Europe, we’d run into the nespresso in one way or another. I thought it made super tasty espresso style with minimal effort. I looked into it and the pods are recyclable which is nice. I didn’t look into the cleaning (the reason I avoid Keurig as much as possible). One thing I do recall is that the nespresso branded maker was LOUD!

Even with that thought, a shit load of these cups end up in landfills and oceans and are a major headache for the environment. If they make the refill pods for it, that would be a better conscientious choice.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-24/former-nespresso-boss-warns-coffee-pods-are-killing-environment/7781810

You could also learn to use this as a single serve. I have a small one and the result is a strong bold hit of espresso like coffee.

image.thumb.png.13a1452441a0408e3a659bd5a9ce2d10.png

On 12/15/2018 at 5:07 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Kuerig broke. Looking for a new system. 

Anyone got a ninja? Keurig still the way to go?

I’m the only one who drinks coffee, so it makes a single cup 90% of the time. I have a reusable filter and gave up on the pods long ago. If I was into pods still, I’d be all over nespresso 

we have a cuisinart in my family

i dont drink coffee, my mom is the only one that does, but ive made her coffee before and its pretty simple

11 hours ago, Taco said:

Minimal effort is key. I love coffee, but I’m pretty lazy when it comes to coffee at home. 

Scouping coffee into a keurig reusable filter is about as much time as I like to devote 

Archived