23-24 Playoffs

Fullright

On 5/31/2024 at 11:41 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

Anybody notice the Stars super-fan and Instagram model hasn’t been behind the Stars bench recently? She’s the one with the exposed cleavage that would be seen directly above the coach’s shoulder. Is that why they’re losing? 
image.jpeg.06cc8c71f61f6fc6da9c366657941c96.jpeg

Boob tube 😁 lollll

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 12:30 AM, Chenner29 said:

Sean Burke never made it to the Cup Final...

... and Niemi never wore Brian's to my knowledge (unless there was some one off stuff he tried (?)). Was a TPS guy when he hoisted The Cup as @coopaloop1234 noted and was later a Vaughn guy.

Edited by chile57

... and now that I've marinated on it - I don't think a predominantly Brian's adorned keeper has hoisted The Cup whilst wearing Brian's equipment. There are some winners that predominantly wore Brian's at some point - but not as Cup winners.

I think the last keeper to visibly sport Brian's (lord knows what Timmy was rocking in Boston) was Osgood (just leg pads) in 2009... when they lost.

On 6/2/2024 at 7:56 AM, ChippedWall said:

Its personal and a long story. But to summarize, one or more of their representatives tried to have me fired when I was working in hockey.

Oh man.....curious to know about that but it is none of my business. Hope things are ok for you now.

So I am thinking the Fla Boa Constrictors in 5 or 6. The Oil will make it a series but Fla has too much. Even though I dislike skaters, it will be fun to see how Barkov and McDavid shake out. Very impressed with McDavid's leadership having his guys' back. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 11:41 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

Anybody notice the Stars super-fan and Instagram model hasn’t been behind the Stars bench recently? She’s the one with the exposed cleavage that would be seen directly above the coach’s shoulder. Is that why they’re losing? 
image.jpeg.06cc8c71f61f6fc6da9c366657941c96.jpeg

She's old news.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/ice-hockey-fan-goes-viral-after-flashing-crowd-during-nhl-playoffs/news-story/bdcfd6f5f1d6bc6f39406cda9b9d55a0

Edited by jerd31

Two days to go and the final battle begins! I want Edmonton to win so the cup can FINALLY see Canadian ownership once again. As far as goalies go, my money is on Bob for out-of-this-world performance, win or lose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Two days to go and the final battle begins! I want Edmonton to win so the cup can FINALLY see Canadian ownership once again. As far as goalies go, my money is on Bob for out-of-this-world performance, win or lose. 

Edmonton is the most least deserving franchise to win a cup. Fuck 'em. 

• Like 3

With all due respect to Edmonton fans, Bob deserves the cup more than anyone in the league. last year he literally single-handedly dragged Florida into the finals and continues to do so this year

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, RichMan said:

Not a Canadian, so it's not something I understand as much: why do y'all care so much about a Canadian franchise winning the cup? Is it a national pride thing?

10 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Not a Canadian, so it's not something I understand as much: why do y'all care so much about a Canadian franchise winning the cup? Is it a national pride thing?

It's this funny ordeal. 

We all do want to see the cup won by a Canadian franchise because of national pride, but we're so spiteful to each other that we only wish our team is able to. 

We're a contentious bunch. 

The Canucks dressed only 2 Canadians in their final game, a Canadian Team? As a young Dude I knew who the American players were in the Original 6 Teams and they were considered a rarity. Hockey is no longer Canada's Game.

Bob flailing back into the net after a mere brush from the Oikers player. As much as I respect his talent, that kind of shit I can't stand.

I'm sure if it would of gone in, they would of called interference and would of lost their cause.

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

Bob flailing back into the net after a mere brush from the Oikers player. As much as I respect his talent, that kind of shit I can't stand.

I'm sure if it would of gone in, they would of called interference and would of lost their cause.

The one play where the puck was lodged under his pad?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Out of nowhere I read an interesting stat about Barkov that he is +1 on the time he has been on ice shorthanded (in playoffs for sure)? Like Florida has scored once and let in no goals at that time... Couldn't find any data to see it easily but it was some public story so I believe someone checked it through. Propably is for the whole shorthanded line but the story was about Barkov.

Edited by ArdeFIN

13 hours ago, keeperton said:

The one play where the puck was lodged under his pad?

No, that one was just a ruling debate and no one can ancre down in that situation. 

It was a moment that he was standing. Don't if I can find it. I'll see.

On 6/9/2024 at 6:22 PM, RichMan said:

No, that one was just a ruling debate and no one can ancre down in that situation. 

It was a moment that he was standing. Don't if I can find it. I'll see.

Couldn't find the clip in last game's highlights but again tonight at 12h50something in the first, Hyman is low in the crease area and Bob flails down as if he was bowled over. You could argue the stick on leg but there was no pressure to cause that.

I just think he's trying to draw a penalty and it's a bad decision. Somebody comes into my space, I push in or over trying to gain my ground, no acting.