23-24 Playoffs

Fullright

My boys are obviously out. Who's left aside Toronto and Edmonton in Canada?

I know, I should be on top of this as a Canadian but I only get to see highlights on YouTube and occasionally catch HNIC if lucky. 

5 hours ago, froese said:

Let's go Pens 🙏

I want to see the Red Wings back in. I'm bored of Washington and Pittsburgh. 

5 minutes ago, RichMan said:

My boys are obviously out. Who's left aside Toronto and Edmonton in Canada?

I know, I should be on top of this as a Canadian but I only get to see highlights on YouTube and occasionally catch HNIC if lucky. 

Jets and Canucks are ahead of both of teams and most likely have two of the Vezina finalists. (let alone Helly is going to win it). 

Classic Canada Hockey coverage. All Leafs and McDavid 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yes - for me I want the Wings to get the last spot. Would help validate the Yzerplan for the impatient, and as @coopaloop1234 said, would provide a bit of a different look for the east.

Here’s hoping the Habs can gracefully stay the fuck out of the way, and give the Wings the much needed 2 points tonight.

You happy now? 

Frigging RVH FAIL crap 💩 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Leafs are fucked (admittedly, this delights me no end). Even when they scored that one goal to make it 3-1, you could sense through the TV screen that NOBODY (no players, and no fans) truly believed they could do it. And so they didn’t.  

One more game, and they can go off to figure out what is rotten with the state of Leafs nation (spoiler alert - it might be everything). But to answer the question from @Fullright, it has to be Woll. Aside from not scoring enough, he looked solid. And I think the annual “wolves eating their own” Maple Leafs spring buffet is serving Samsonov and Keefe, with a side of Marner. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I think the Leafs are fucked (admittedly, this delights me no end). Even when they scored that one goal to make it 3-1, you could sense through the TV screen that NOBODY (no players, and no fans) truly believed they could do it. And so they didn’t.  

One more game, and they can go off to figure out what is rotten with the state of Leafs nation (spoiler alert - it might be everything). But to answer the question from @Fullright, it has to be Woll. Aside from not scoring enough, he looked solid. And I think the annual “wolves eating their own” Maple Leafs spring buffet is serving Samsonov and Keefe, with a side of Marner. 

LOL!  You really know Leaf nation.

• Haha 1

I've always been a Av's fan, but not had much of a goalie since Roy to root for. Georgiev, I love em, but he's about as inconsistent as I am, and probably going to lose my Av's any chance at the cup this year. So in prior years I've bandwagoned with teams that I like their goalies, ie, Rangers. Beyond that I'm always pulling for Canadian teams. There's been so many close games I've appreciated watching. Great round 1.  

To my Canadian friends who can't watch much, can you guys get ESPN+? It's a online streaming service for just $10 a month, like disney plus haha. You rarely get to watch a live game, but the replays are available as soon as the game is done. So I just stay off the internet and tune in about 3 hours after puck drop, pretend it's live and have a ball. 

Edited by IpaddyTECH

image.png.ef3d1e181d5d8f21196bdb89aa649a9c.png

Oilers with only 13 shots on goal? Either a lot of shots missing the net or unbelieveable Defending play? On the Oilers end it was good goaltending and D I quess 😃

Makes me wonder if there is a stat telling the least SOG for shut out? Quick Googling tells Brodeur with 6 on 2001 Playoffs and Osgood with 8 on regular season?

17 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

To my Canadian friends who can't watch much, can you guys get ESPN+? It's a online streaming service for just $10 a month, like disney plus haha. You rarely get to watch a live game, but the replays are available as soon as the game is done. So I just stay off the internet and tune in about 3 hours after puck drop, pretend it's live and have a ball. 

Sportsnet is the rights holder up here. 

Canucks in 5 babay