23-24 Playoffs

Fullright

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

Couldn't find the clip in last game's highlights but again tonight at 12h50something in the first, Hyman is low in the crease area and Bob flails down as if he was bowled over. You could argue the stick on leg but there was no pressure to cause that.

I just think he's trying to draw a penalty and it's a bad decision. Somebody comes into my space, I push in or over trying to gain my ground, no acting.

Last round during one of the broadcasts, I think it was Jon Cooper that said goalies don't fight for positioning anymore- they just flop and attempt to draw a call.  I've seen Igor do this a bunch of times, he flops around like he just took a bullet to the head.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

Last round during one of the broadcasts, I think it was Jon Cooper that said goalies don't fight for positioning anymore- they just flop and attempt to draw a call.  I've seen Igor do this a bunch of times, he flops around like he just took a bullet to the head.  

The whole team is a bunch of floppers. Their supposed gritty guys Bennet and Tkatchuk were both flopping around last night, diving head first when tapped with a baby cross check and a lot of heads snapping back and falling down like they've been shot in scrums. It's embarrassing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, froese said:

The whole team is a bunch of floppers. Their supposed gritty guys Bennet and Tkatchuk were both flopping around last night, diving head first when tapped with a baby cross check and a lot of heads snapping back and falling down like they've been shot in scrums. It's embarrassing.

Yup, I suppose Barkov flopped too when he got elbowed in the head and didn't come back during a tight game.

Or when Tkachuk got punched in the face after a play by Kane.

Maybe Kulikov doesn't even have timbits to get hit in, I suppose he fell over because he just wanted a call.

Face it, Oilers can't hang so they are doing a bunch of dumb stuff. Draistl's hit on barkov wasn't a hockey play. he left his feet, led w his elbow and made direct contact to the head. If the players were reversed there would be calls for the royal canadian army to arrest Barkov at the airport.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tubby34 said:

Yup, I suppose Barkov flopped too when he got elbowed in the head and didn't come back during a tight game.

Or when Tkachuk got punched in the face after a play by Kane.

Maybe Kulikov doesn't even have timbits to get hit in, I suppose he fell over because he just wanted a call.

Face it, Oilers can't hang so they are doing a bunch of dumb stuff. Draistl's hit on barkov wasn't a hockey play. he left his feet, led w his elbow and made direct contact to the head. If the players were reversed there would be calls for the royal canadian army to arrest Barkov at the airport.

lol

On 6/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, jerd31 said:

Kelly Hrudey said the same thing during intermission

Has any team ever come back from a 3-0 loss in a series? I'm sure there has, I just don't remember who.

Edmonton is in the deep end now without a floatty and it doesn't look promising. McDavid is hustling but his boys can't keep up with his speed or hockey mind. Hyman is doing everything possible but can only do so much. Dreisitle (?spelling) is not producing like he can. Nurse isn't really helping. Perry is just useless. Boucher couldn't find his groove. Was Desmarais playing last night?

Skinner...after goal #3, he clearly was mentally rocked and you saw his confidence plummet. 

For the life of me I cannot understand why they still look for the perfect angle or opening on shots. Just friggin shoot in the pile and the puck is bound to find a hole somewhere, or give a juicy rebound to score on. Bob is not big like Skinner but he plays a tight post. Enough with the angle shots! Last nights goal from the corner was a fluke cause it hit his player's elbow. That won't always happen.

The turnovers are horrid! Don't just throw it out cause you're pressured, protect the puck and call for help. Pull the D towards you then outlet. Short quick passes. Is there any communication going on on the ice? 

Saturday will be Edmonton's death row. Let's see if they pull a rabbit out of their hat on this one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Has any team ever come back from a 3-0 loss in a series? I'm sure there has, I just don't remember who.

Edmonton is in the deep end now without a floatty and it doesn't look promising. McDavid is hustling but his boys can't keep up with his speed or hockey mind. Hyman is doing everything possible but can only do so much. Dreisitle (?spelling) is not producing like he can. Nurse isn't really helping. Perry is just useless. Boucher couldn't find his groove. Was Desmarais playing last night?

Skinner...after goal #3, he clearly was mentally rocked and you saw his confidence plummet. 

For the life of me I cannot understand why they still look for the perfect angle or opening on shots. Just friggin shoot in the pile and the puck is bound to find a hole somewhere, or give a juicy rebound to score on. Bob is not big like Skinner but he plays a tight post. Enough with the angle shots! Last nights goal from the corner was a fluke cause it hit his player's elbow. That won't always happen.

The turnovers are horrid! Don't just throw it out cause you're pressured, protect the puck and call for help. Pull the D towards you then outlet. Short quick passes. Is there any communication going on on the ice? 

Saturday will be Edmonton's death row. Let's see if they pull a rabbit out of their hat on this one. 

In the Stanley Cup Final, it has only happened once: in 1942, the Maple Leafs were down 3 games to 0 to the Red Wings and won the next 4 to reverse sweep.

I think the stat I was that Nurse has been on the ice for fully half the all the goals scored against Edmonton in these playoffs (as of a few days ago, 50 goals against with Nurse on ice for 26 of them). He's been an absolute liability for Edmonton, and the giveaway on the forecheck leading to Florida's third goal last night did not help dig him out of this perception.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

No, that's just Nurse. 

Dude is -15 in the playoffs this year. 

I missed the opportunity to say "He must be nursing an injury, right?"

But maybe he's been injured for awhile now? I dunno, I don't usually get to watch the Oilers play normally.

3 minutes ago, johncho said:

I missed the opportunity to say "He must be nursing an injury, right?"

But maybe he's been injured for awhile now? I dunno, I don't usually get to watch the Oilers play normally.

Nah, Nurse has been mediocre at nest his entire career. I really have to commend his agent for nailing him that ridiculous contract. 

I'm salivating at watching Edmonton just crumble. Seeing Draisaitl dive in the last 30 seconds instead of actually grinding down, 0 points, cheap shots. Love it. 

Why you so pissy Drai? 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 11:44 AM, Scythe said:

Oiler message boards are lighting up Skinner and a couple of other guys. Some of the stuff said about Skinner is awful. 

As a local and die hard Oilers Fan.... 

Stu ain't got that dog in him.

Also Nurse is terrible. 

Well this series has new life in it! Looks like "some" Canadians' prayers are being answered. ;)

It's good to see Skinner have some good games. Neither team is mine so I'm not highly invested either and way I've noticed it makes it easier to enjoy just the quality of the hockey being played. 

Oilers spoiled it for the Florida fans. Imagine spending 300$-400$ on tickets thinking "this is it" and in the end you don't get to witness shit lolll

McDavid is a phenom!!

Skinner is playing smarter but should NOT puck handle much, it isn't his strength,  not like Bob.

Bob proves that he's human after all.

Regardless how strong Edmonton comes out the gate and regardless the score, each and every game is a nail biter, do or die situation. 

I hope it goes to game 7, whomever wins.

• Like 2