Socks and knee guards...

Boosh63

Do goalie-specific, cupless compression shorts w/velcro exist?

I just bought a set of Bauer Supreme S18 knee guards. I think that I will be wearing them under socks because I can envision them getting snagged on something. 

What are you all doing in this regard?

16 minutes ago, Boosh63 said:

I just bought a set of Bauer Supreme S18 knee guards. I think that I will be wearing them under socks because I can envision them getting shagged on something. 

https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/mens-ua-hockey-compression-shorts/pid1317156-001

is this what you are looking for?

1 hour ago, Boosh63 said:

I just bought a set of Bauer Supreme S18 knee guards. I think that I will be wearing them under socks because I can envision them getting shagged on something. 

I wear my compression pants, then knee pads, then a loose jock short (cup removed) with velcro for socks.

It's a lot of layers and it gets warm.  I'm thinking of dumping the jock short and going straight for a compression pant with velcro tabs.

12 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I wear my compression pants, then knee pads, then a loose jock short (cup removed) with velcro for socks.

It's a lot of layers and it gets warm.  I'm thinking of dumping the jock short and going straight for a compression pant with velcro tabs.

I'd recommend these CCM's. It's what I wear currently:

ACGPNT_alt01.png?itok=8lahInGj

I've been wearing these every week for about 2 years now, and they are still going strong (minor wear and tear, as the velcro has unstitched a little from the flap, but still 100% usable as designed). Cut resistant behind the ankles/lower calf, plus the inner thigh protection is better than nothing. 

I've seen other versions from different brands with hips, groin, and knee protection, but these have held up well for me. These were also my first pair of compression pants specifically made for goalies. 

Thanks fellas! You've given me something to work with for sure. 

I used to wear some pretty crappy Bauer knee guards over just regular thermal long-john bottoms. They were terrible and I don't knowhow/why I tolerated them for so long. Before that I wore regular knit socks w/garter and just relied on thigh boards...dumb.

Bauer 37.5 compression pants. The goalie specific ones don't have velcro so I buy the player ones and cut the jock out. Then Monster jock over top, Passau knee pads, and then new style pro stock RBK socks (without velcro tabs) attached the velcro on the compression pants. 

On 8/16/2018 at 11:29 PM, Boosh63 said:

I just bought a set of Bauer Supreme S18 knee guards. I think that I will be wearing them under socks because I can envision them getting snagged on something. 

Here is also one interesting option: https://www.oneiric.ca/collections/genesis/products/genesis-base-layer-men

I have used them a couple of times and they feel very comfortable.

On 8/16/2018 at 4:29 PM, Boosh63 said:

i dont wear any socks or anything. I use vapor x900 knee pads and i just put them on my knee and then put my pad over it. Ive never had any issue with them getting stuck, falling down, anything

Archived