Suggestion Box

TheGoalNet

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see playing the position to be a much larger part of the site. As it stands now any positional or technical stuff on the site is basically buried at the bottom of the forum list.

I realize gear will pretty much always be the main draw because, well, it's the coolest stuff in hockey but for guys like me actively searching out training tools and discussion on training I don't think we as a whole on this site are very accommodating to those trying to better their game. I don't mean accommodating as being welcoming, there are so many cool users absolutely willing to help, I mean using the site as a resource for ALL things goaltending not just gear.

There really is nowhere else to find this type of material and to discuss it without getting crapped on for not being NHL calibre. GGSU is a joke when it comes to training (and everything else.)

This being said, I love the work you're doing and its' my go to website all day long.

I was also wondering if the site tools you're using allow you to create a mobile app? I don't want anyone to spend any more money than they already are I was just curious. The mobile site isn't very good IMO.

@Pauly35or00  wouldn't that be the case if more members were discussing those issues?  Seems like that's a member action issue is not a website issue?  Those things exist on here, they just get dusty after a while and there aren't members who are stirring them up very frequently.

As a suggestion, what about t-shirts or stickers or mask vinyls or hoodies or other merch/schwag we could buy and be walking/skating promotional tools?

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Is there any way to make is so that clicking on a thread title brings you to the last unread post? I’ve seen this on other forums and its a great feature.

Click the dot or star instead :)

Edit: Sorry, those are only on the Unread Content page (which is what I have bookmarked). 

14 minutes ago, seagoal said:

@Pauly35or00  wouldn't that be the case if more members were discussing those issues?  Seems like that's a member action issue is not a website issue?  Those things exist on here, they just get dusty after a while and there aren't members who are stirring them up very frequently.

As a suggestion, what about t-shirts or stickers or mask vinyls or hoodies or other merch/schwag we could buy and be walking/skating promotional tools?

I don't really disagree with your thinking but the training area is completely buried. Hell, it's under Manufacturer forums that don't get any play at all. Honestly, all it would take is to move training up to the top and it would get more traction. 

At this point, I would take a curated Youtube list if that's what it comes down to. Like I said though, there is absolutely no place on the entire hockey internet to talk position and if there is I sure as hell can't find it.

My takeaway from a lack of training discussion is that everyone is either really good and has a private goalie coach or as the years went on and the GSBB died people were relentlessly beaten down for asking questions until they stopped altogether. The Goalie Doctor on the GSBB was one of the most active forums.

13 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

I don't really disagree with your thinking but the training area is completely buried. Hell, it's under Manufacturer forums that don't get any play at all. Honestly, all it would take is to move training up to the top and it would get more traction. 

At this point, I would take a curated Youtube list if that's what it comes down to. Like I said though, there is absolutely no place on the entire hockey internet to talk position and if there is I sure as hell can't find it.

My takeaway from a lack of training discussion is that everyone is either really good and has a private goalie coach or as the years went on and the GSBB died people were relentlessly beaten down for asking questions until they stopped altogether. The Goalie Doctor on the GSBB was one of the most active forums.

Ah, I see.  The way the topics are structurally listed from top to bottom.  I reckon that has to do with popularity, which sorta ties in to my points. 

Good thoughts :)

4 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah, I see.  The way the topics are structurally listed from top to bottom.  I reckon that has to do with popularity, which sorta ties in to my points. 

Good thoughts :)

Maybe that's not what this community wants and that's cool too. Maybe we should just start a thread we can curate with training videos. I think that would be very helpful to more than just myself. Thanks for the discussion.

@Pauly35or00 @seagoal @#16 - If you notice today, manufacturers corner is gone. 

Most companies are not into “.com” anymore or they checked out the community too early and gave up...

So I am with you that that site had too many sub forums, so this should help. 

In regards to technique, go there and start stimulating conversations. If people are into the discussions, they will regularly be on “latest” and will get plenty of attention. 

To me, it’s sorta like the college cliche “you’ll get whatever you put into this”. Add more to that area and it will grow. 

It’s very solid suggestion, buy I think more people asking questions or sharing their thoughts will organically help it grow 

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

Does anyone else want swag? Would people wear it?

Whoever asked for an App... I mentioned that to the mods the other day, but I’m not an IT guy. Like painfully not. But it’s something to look into. Cost is probably the biggest limiting factor.

Without a lot of help early on with BB stuff from @IPv6Freely and @SaveByRichter35 the background would still probably be blue or the quoting format would be a dumpster fire...

but in regards to mobile, I do 90% of my BB  time on the phone... it seems fair to me, what is missing? Unfortunately, a BB isn’t really a phone friendly concept? If there’s another more friendly forum of a another topic, can you send me a link to do some recon?

17 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yeah... I’m going to have to ask you to go ahead and make Community Reputation Points redeemable for free gear. Thanks.

:challengeaccepted:

lol, yes please. Pretty sure I'm sitting on at least a full custom set.

16 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I want to see the face of our talented creator! Dude!!!!

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

When the Flyers win the Stanley Cup again... 

I've seen it, Gritty is far more handsome.

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:
17 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yeah... I’m going to have to ask you to go ahead and make Community Reputation Points redeemable for free gear. Thanks.

:challengeaccepted:

lol, yes please. Pretty sure I'm sitting on at least a full custom set.

Here's my reasonable(ish) idea for a free gear point system: I know it's a joke.

Glove                         -   250 points

Blocker                     -   250 points

Pads (stock)          -   500 points

Pads (custom)     -   750 points

Helmet                     -   300 points

Feel free to add or edit anything I missed.

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Here's my reasonable(ish) idea for a free gear point system: I know it's a joke.

Glove                         -   250 points

Blocker                     -   250 points

Pads (stock)          -   500 points

Pads (custom)     -   750 points

Helmet                     -   300 points

Feel free to add or edit anything I missed.

Shit dude - especially with the thread on “Cheever’s mask”, I don’t think I want a 300 point mask - even if it’s free! Lol!

Archived