Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Max27

Foot pain in new skates

Recommended Posts

Im experiencing this in my S27s. Ive had them since Xmas, used them probably 5 times and my feet have been in so much pain with them on.They fit me fine, just hurt my ankles and the bottoms of my feet.  Is this just a breaking in process of the skates? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Im experiencing this in my S27s. Ive had them since Xmas, used them probably 5 times and my feet have been in so much pain with them on.They fit me fine, just hurt my ankles and the bottoms of my feet.  Is this just a breaking in process of the skates? 

My 1s did this, took around 10 or so skates for me to feel comfortable with them, mainly on the ankles. Did you get your skates baked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hockey1234 said:

My 1s did this, took around 10 or so skates for me to feel comfortable with them, mainly on the ankles. Did you get your skates baked?

+1 on wanting to know if you baked them.

Also, are you cranking down on the laces?  Try laying off a bit specifically where it hurts.  For example, I skip hole 5 on my skates because my feet go up a bit on top.  With lacing adjustment, it's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hockey1234 said:

My 1s did this, took around 10 or so skates for me to feel comfortable with them, mainly on the ankles. Did you get your skates baked?

ok thanks, glad im not alone with this. i didnt get my skates baked.

21 minutes ago, seagoal said:

+1 on wanting to know if you baked them.

Also, are you cranking down on the laces?  Try laying off a bit specifically where it hurts.  For example, I skip hole 5 on my skates because my feet go up a bit on top.  With lacing adjustment, it's fine.

i didnt.

i do crank down on the laces, ill try next time loosening them. Ill try and go to a public skate before so its nothing foreign come game time. 

I could check at my local pure hockey if they could bake them for me and see if that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baking skates seems like a no brainer to me. If it's possible for skates to mold to your feet, do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Baking skates seems like a no brainer to me. If it's possible for skates to mold to your feet, do it.

yeah true, idk why i havent haha. Winter breaks coming up, ill see if i can get em baked then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I'd bake them again at home, did that with my skates. Might help. 

what would i bake them at home in? Convection oven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Max27 why haven’t you baked the skates yet? Why would you complain about pain when you haven’t completely finished the fitting process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Max27 why haven’t you baked the skates yet? Why would you complain about pain when you haven’t completely finished the fitting process?

havent really had a chance to (been busy) and I didnt think I needed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Yup, I followed this guy

ill check it out, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max27 said:

havent really had a chance to (been busy) and I didnt think I needed it

If buy themro moldable skates, mold them 

I love your enthusiasm and how much you love to talk gear, but sometimes I think you must know the answers to this stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I love your enthusiasm and how much you love to talk gear, but sometimes I think you must know the answers to this stuff 

yeah i should, i dont get why i wouldnt have thought i needed it. I dropped a size in the skate bc i found my 11s too big and i assumed that would replace needing to bake them

im gonna try and get them baked over winter break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

If buy themro moldable skates, mold them 

I love your enthusiasm and how much you love to talk gear, but sometimes I think you must know the answers to this stuff 

While I don't think this is what happened here, I did have someone at a fairly reputable shop tell me my 1S skates didn't need to be baked and would form to my feet after a few skates. They were pretty sore for those few skates, then I baked them and they got a whole lot better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

While I don't think this is what happened here, I did have someone at a fairly reputable shop tell me my 1S skates didn't need to be baked and would form to my feet after a few skates. They were pretty sore for those few skates, then I baked them and they got a whole lot better. 

basically, i assumed what you were told by that shop. Im gonna bake them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Max.  Where did you buy them from?  Why didn't the shop tell you to bake them?  Or offer to have them baked.  9 times out of 10 the shop will offer you a free bake when buying a new pair of skates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Jesus Max.  Where did you buy them from?  Why didn't the shop tell you to bake them?  Or offer to have them baked.  9 times out of 10 the shop will offer you a free bake when buying a new pair of skates.

+1.  I actually had my LHS offer to bake my used X900's when I got my Speedplates.  The fit and comfort was night and day after they were baked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Jesus Max.  Where did you buy them from?  Why didn't the shop tell you to bake them?  Or offer to have them baked.  9 times out of 10 the shop will offer you a free bake when buying a new pair of skates.

i didnt buy them. My dad got me them for christmas, idk where he got them 

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

+1.  I actually had my LHS offer to bake my used X900's when I got my Speedplates.  The fit and comfort was night and day after they were baked

im gonna get them baked over winter break this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Maybe try asking him Max

sorry im thickheaded

he said pure goalie. Im getting them baked this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Max27 said:

sorry im thickheaded

he said pure goalie. Im getting them baked this week

Take them to Pure Goalie and tell them you got them as a christmas gift and want to have them baked and they'll probably do it for free.  Tell pops to bring the receipt just in case.  Or, you can just go to the Rinx since you said you don't love gar from there and have them do it.  They will probably charge you though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Take them to Pure Goalie and tell them you got them as a christmas gift and want to have them baked and they'll probably do it for free.  Tell pops to bring the receipt just in case.  Or, you can just go to the Rinx since you said you don't love gar from there and have them do it.  They will probably charge you though.

Ok will do, thansk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Member Statistics

    986
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    NeraGoalieGloves
    Newest Member
    NeraGoalieGloves
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...