Hot Takes

Mroy31

Every now and then you read a comment that you can tell someone is just having the worst day and needed to unload on someone...

But I think this guy totally nailed it, our fearless site leader is a Bauer fan boy who has never called anyone else out for copying anything ever

Screenshot_20190604-124114_Instagram.jpg

@Max27 yes, that second paragraph was purely sarcasm. This was one of those comments where every statement was completely off base but said with such conviction that you just have to sit back and laugh.

Later on the same guy replied like "why don't you shame Bauer for selling pads with Star Wars on them?! Cough cough, Han Solo is trademarked, cough cough." 

Just a real gem, and a private account as well

54 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He's not. He's referring to some random IG retard trying to call out TGN.

ah, ok lol

12 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@Max27 yes, that second paragraph was purely sarcasm. This was one of those comments where every statement was completely off base but said with such conviction that you just have to sit back and laugh.

Later on the same guy replied like "why don't you shame Bauer for selling pads with Star Wars on them?! Cough cough, Han Solo is trademarked, cough cough." 

Just a real gem, and a private account as well

gotcha lol, nevermind

There have been some beauty replies. I'd like to think those who aren't opposed to trademark infringement are a simple vocal minority... and I'm guessing they're the same people who's ethics (and loneliness) lead them catfish on Bumble & Tinder. 🎣

In today's hot take/cake/snake, companies are no longer allowed to do promotions using anything that resembles something that could be given away for free, and Bauer DEFINITELY built this pad with real 2S internals. Also, Nerds don't play hockey. 

Screenshot_20190610-163429_Instagram.thumb.jpg.37de405b7f72e6873837b482a2e44b76.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-163515_Instagram.thumb.jpg.73327478d3e3e66d1d3d80fa72834d69.jpg

This thread isn't meant to be me defending Bauer, they just happen to be drawing the most ire online right now. Also, hopefully I never call out anyone on here without knowing :P

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Who is that character?  Kinda looks like Ermac from Mortal Kombat X.

One of the recent Assassin's Creed characters, not sure which one but looks like a pirate one.  

Also, pretty sure Ubisoft still has an office in Montreal, so this seems like a pretty no brainer in terms of corporate collaboration.

7 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

In today's hot take/cake/snake, companies are no longer allowed to do promotions using anything that resembles something that could be given away for free, and Bauer DEFINITELY built this pad with real 2S internals. Also, Nerds don't play hockey. 

This thread isn't meant to be me defending Bauer, they just happen to be drawing the most ire online right now. Also, hopefully I never call out anyone on here without knowing :P

I feel like the guy who posted that response really just needs a nice, big hug. 

1 minute ago, Chenner29 said:

I feel like the guy who posted that response really just needs a nice, big hug. 

That's kind of my intention with this thread, while trying to avoid proper trolls.  People say stuff that gets you riled up, but likely they're just having a bad day :)

I actually tagged people who said I don't call other people out in a post on the "Attack of the Clones" article, haha

As for Bauer, I can almost guarantee those are either printing tests samples wont end up in use or Bauer got permission. Bauer had a whole Star Wars mask line with the NME a few years back.

I also previously asked Brian's about getting a liquor bottle embroidered on the boot of my pads ( @Mroy31 after the customs mishap, you might guess which bottle). Brian's said no problem with the permission of the brand. I emailed Diageo and asked for permission and they said no. Brian's wouldn't do it. I will bet my left small toe that Bauer operates the same now that this is in retail.

1 minute ago, MangoRhinehart said:

Whoa now, I am a huge nerd and play hockey. 

Tongue planted firmly in cheek for that whole post, maybe I need to use a different font or edit the initial post with a disclaimer :P 

The idea that either Assassin's Creed graphics would be entirely lost on hockey people, or gamers would be like "what are these strange blocks?" is part of what got me about that comment.

Just now, Mroy31 said:

Tongue planted firmly in cheek for that whole post, maybe I need to use a different font or edit the initial post with a disclaimer :P 

The idea that either Assassin's Creed graphics would be entirely lost on hockey people, or gamers would be like "what are these strange blocks?" is part of what got me about that comment.

No worries, just joshing ya. ;)

I just think it would look silly with two assassin guys on your legs banging their heads together to stop a puck 

Just now, MangoRhinehart said:

No worries, just joshing ya. ;)

I just think it would look silly with two assassin guys on your legs banging their heads together to stop a puck 

Yeah, the logo would probably make a better pad graphic speaking from a pure design stance.  I was thinking that a hidden blade design for the trapper would be kind of cool though, ornamental graphic on the cuff, blade is hidden when your glove is closed, exposed when open.  Don't know if fictional instruments of death would pass Bauer's True Design process though haha

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 1:45 PM, Mroy31 said:

Screenshot_20190610-163429_Instagram.thumb.jpg.37de405b7f72e6873837b482a2e44b76.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-163515_Instagram.thumb.jpg.73327478d3e3e66d1d3d80fa72834d69.jpg

Dunno if that pads my style but I’m a super nerd for sure. I’d love to get some code printed on a set someday (if I could make it look good)

Archived