2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2017 at 11:44 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Here's what I came up with:

I like the leg pads in the second one but don't like how it made the glove palm red. I'd just have to ask Brian's to change that.

The jerseys it would be going with:

You should do 'black nash palm' would look sharp

33 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@Brians_Joz Can these be made with knee rolls?

Not big rounded knee rolls like the Heritage, but thinned out low profile ones (like G-NETIK 1) or small squared ones (see Dylan St Cyr Notre Dame Optik's) are possible. The knee rolls can not go above the depth of the streamlined outer roll.

Just now, Brians_Joz said:

Not big rounded knee rolls like the Heritage, but thinned out low profile ones (like G-NETIK 1) or small squared ones (see Dylan St Cyr Notre Dame Optik's) are possible. The knee rolls can not go above the depth of the streamlined outer roll.

That sounds perfect, I'll google his pads and see if they come up.  It would be mostly cosmetic anyway.  I just like the look of them on a pad versus completely flat faced.

On 10/5/2017 at 10:39 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

@Brians_Joz I’ve scoured this thread and the Brian’s Facebook page and haven’t seen anything yet, so, my question is can the optik be made with an external break at the knee?

No the pad cannot be made with external breaks, due to the design/process/streamlined outer roll, an outer break is not needed nor is it possible. We designed this pad to give the feel of external breaks (on FLX model particularly) without having the aesthetic look of breaks. I understand if you are trying to go for the traditional 'single break pad w/ knee rolls' look but honestly that would be better suited for a Heritage pad purchase.

1 hour ago, Brians_Joz said:

No the pad cannot be made with external breaks, due to the design/process/streamlined outer roll, an outer break is not needed nor is it possible. We designed this pad to give the feel of external breaks (on FLX model particularly) without having the aesthetic look of breaks. I understand if you are trying to go for the traditional 'single break pad w/ knee rolls' look but honestly that would be better suited for a Heritage pad purchase.

Ok thanks for clarifying.

Archived