2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@TheGoalNet is it possible to post the video here or in the show off your gear thread?

IG Stories aren't generally able to be shared aside from the limited time they remain on Instagram.

The smart move would be to live stream it on Youtube and put a link in the IG to it. Youtube allows you to save live streams and post them for persistent viewing.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

IG Stories aren't generally able to be shared aside from the limited time they remain on Instagram.

The smart move would be to live stream it on Youtube and put a link in the IG to it. Youtube allows you to save live streams and post them for persistent viewing.

Wouldn't the video have been saved to his phone too though?  I honestly don't know how it works.

My plan is to save the story, upload in to you YouTube and then insert a link. There will be 3 videos, 1 for the pads, 1 for the blocker, and 1 for the glove.  This website doesn’t do direct video hosting and it’s the only way I can think of to this. 

Here’s the blocker... 

7DD15AA3-4615-4292-AF8B-BEBB41A25A25.jpeg

DEC5F7C2-6253-408F-826E-E62DEEA1A7E7.jpeg

144EFBE8-5D0B-4E83-8E11-D8E719DB8038.jpeg

2E29D624-F3F5-4A75-BAAC-63AA9B6303E1.jpeg

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

My plan is to save the story, upload in to you YouTube and then insert a link. There will be 3 videos, 1 for the pads, 1 for the blocker, and 1 for the glove.  This website doesn’t do direct video hosting and it’s the only way I can think of to this. 

Here’s the blocker... 

Beauty... I had a Sub Zero Pro 2 glove/blocker combination at the tail end of a failed Vaughn V3 7407 experiment. Never could get used to the break line on the glove, but I LOVED that blocker. I'm anxious to hear about how the BOA works out in there... it's a shame you'll have some scuffs on that face though.

17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Here’s the blocker... 

The cuff on this blocker is pretty massive as well.  How does it feel?  Can't wait for the pads!!!

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Here is the video. It was designed for a live IG story, so we are stuck with some black bars on the sides.

Danke @TheGoalNet... wasn't able to join the live IG as I was busy getting a sunburn on the back of my neck last night. Pick up skate... but it was a rough one. Glove or Legs next?? Is the reduction in side wall something I should have @Beccaraptor look at when she has time to also take a little off the top of my pads??? So anxious... ok... gonna watch now.

@TheGoalNet Thanks for the video.

Blocker looks nice, still can't get over the thumb protection. I'm not a blocker is a blocker guy either and the almost overbearing foam protection on RBK/CCM gloves has always pushed me away from them.

Kind of interesting how there isn't any cover for the velcro tabs on the finger protection. While probably extremely rare, I could see a scenario of a scramble and sticks pulling the velcro loose. Warriors combat that with the velcro jenpro cover that goes over the adjustment tab. I bet Brians will follow suit next Optik gen.

14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@coopaloop1234 @Ultane - it’s an air bag. It’s super light weight and very soft. 

It doesn’t interfere or impeed with the thumb at all 

Video will be live tomorrow 

I was thinking the air pillow looked large when @thegoalnet was showing it, but also think its emphasized due to being white and rest is red, like he mentioned its very soft and does not impede movement, but is also easily removable since its attached by velcro. (like I did, I don't feel the need to have anything extra on my blocker) 

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

49 minutes ago, Brians_Joz said:

I was thinking the air pillow looked large when @thegoalnet was showing it, but also think its emphasized due to being white and rest is red, like he mentioned its very soft and does not impede movement, but is also easily removable since its attached by velcro. (like I did, I don't feel the need to have anything extra on my blocker) 

Looks about the same to me. :P That sucker is THICC.

47 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks about the same to me. :P That sucker is THICC.

The air pillow in there is really only for someone that wants something THICC.. i think the general population would just use without the pillow as its really not necessary, just another option out of the box for fitment/feel/protection

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Here is the video. It was designed for a live IG story, so we are stuck with some black bars on the sides

As I watched... questions & notes...

1. Pillow is big... but color scheme might have something to do with that as has already been pointed out.
  2. Air Mesh between fingers... I don't know about anyone else and maybe i do something weird... but I've found that to be a wear point on the index finger in particular. @Brians_Joz am I just strange and a one off or do you give an option for another material? (It's ok if you just say strange.) Maybe I need an intermediate palm? Worth noting is that I really liked my SZ2 blocker... Koho one I'm using now is somewhat clunky, touch heavy and not nearly as responsive.
  3. Crazy open cuff... I guess it's still somewhat necessary to hopefully avoid a skate on the wrist or something (i dunno)... but otherwise could almost be removed.
  4. Velcro adjustment on the finger is nice... probably a set once and forget item... but makes the most sense to use those materials to adjust at all.
  5. Binding around the sidewall... as you said it's a wear spot which is easily replaceable. Without the binding you're losing that sacrificial piece and likely more dinero to fix (if you're so inclined to fix it in the first place.)
  6. Genetik weight is slightly skewed from stock given modifications you did... but still surprising the weight is on par with a 1s.
  7. DAMN... that blocker is gonna float right off your hand it's so light. Good thing you can ratchet down with the BOA.
  8. Thanks for brushing your teeth prior to making the video... came in handy when you put the blocker on at the end. Minty.
  9. Way to handle the breaking the BOA question... common sense just isn't as common as it should be.

@BadAngle41 - don’t follow, what do you need done on the sidewall?

I mean that in reference to the reduced height of the out roll on the leg pads.

@BadAngle41 - The old brian's palms were for very large hands. I had my GNetik changed to an intermediate. The new Optik is about the same size as the old intermediate. The finger also has padding inside the mesh gusset. 

If your hole on the SZ was from being too large and your finger not hitting the right spot, I don't believe that's an issue on Optik. The finger padding should also stop you from wearing a hole in it. 

@Beccaraptor or Factory Mad can both trim pads and are highly recommended. 

Someone asked last night in the live video about the blocker pad. Feels like a complete non issue to me. I am surprised it's drawing so much attention. I literally dont notice it, in a good way, while wearing it around the house. 

It's a big issue because I'm making it a big issue and everyone wants to know my opinion so that they can follow suit.

(Most popular member :datass:)

Nah, I'm mostly bringing it up because one of the pictures made the foam seem really over bearing in regards to encroaching the space your hand normally is. I know it can be removed and such, but it looks funny.

Archived