Suspenders, Belts, Other? For Pants

OceanMon

Warrior X2 pants with a McKenney chest protector tucked in - I use the internal belt to get the pants a bit higher, but also suspenders (Kenesky, which are great) over the CA because I like everything to feel like one unit. I'm sure i lose a little coverage that way, but the comfort/mobility makes a big difference.

Before I went with a Kova setup I used to always wear the run of the mill A&R suspenders.  The elasticity lasted longer than the anchors.  I found myself buying a new set 3 or 4 times a year because the rubberish plastic anchors always broke.  I think I have one or two barely used suspenders now that have the good anchors from previous broken sets.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Before I went with a Kova setup I used to always wear the run of the mill A&R suspenders.  The elasticity lasted longer than the anchors.  I found myself buying a new set 3 or 4 times a year because the rubberish plastic anchors always broke.  I think I have one or two barely used suspenders now that have the good anchors from previous broken sets.

I had the same thing happen to me. The anchor straps are made out of weird plastic that is flexible but still rigid. I had one anchor break on me during a game when a shot hit it. 

picked up some nova and like them so far along with floater straps. 

• Like 1

This is how I tuck with internal belt.

IMG_20200523_182555.thumb.jpg.6cb44fd3050058da1b0efe5e05fca58c.jpg

The flap is not connected to the front lacing now and chesty tucks to that space between. And stays there with front and rear ties made of rubber cord. C/A makes a sort of suspenders this way. 

Before Warriors I had CCM Premiers this way but they didn't work as good as this setup. I had that odd feeling of chesty pushing out of pants. Which actually never happened.

Axis pants seem to have more waist lift that I think would work well with tucking chesty and using internal belt.

If you have warrior pants and a warrior chest protector this is an included option

BED249D0-32FC-447E-982C-459C92056113.thumb.jpeg.673af128f02b489912027fc7d218b534.jpeg

You can also do this when untucked because of the loops on the inside of the chest protector. 
If I can find the picture I’ll add my modified internal belt. Basically it’s only connected to the pants in the back like ccm pants and the belt is independent in the front

51 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

This is how I tuck with internal belt.

IMG_20200523_182555.thumb.jpg.6cb44fd3050058da1b0efe5e05fca58c.jpg

The flap is not connected to the front lacing now and chesty tucks to that space between. And stays there with front and rear ties made of rubber cord. C/A makes a sort of suspenders this way. 

Before Warriors I had CCM Premiers this way but they didn't work as good as this setup. I had that odd feeling of chesty pushing out of pants. Which actually never happened.

Axis pants seem to have more waist lift that I think would work well with tucking chesty and using internal belt.

That’s pretty slick, I have premiers right now and the same thing is happening to me as it did to you. If I trie to use the internal belt the side of the chesty rests on the connecting straps and doesn’t go down flush but kind of just sits on the belt and when I bend Over the chesty rides up 

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

If you have warrior pants and a warrior chest protector this is an included option

BED249D0-32FC-447E-982C-459C92056113.thumb.jpeg.673af128f02b489912027fc7d218b534.jpeg

You can also do this when untucked because of the loops on the inside of the chest protector. 
If I can find the picture I’ll add my modified internal belt. Basically it’s only connected to the pants in the back like ccm pants and the belt is independent in the front

I have exact setup pant / ca but rgt2 , where do you get this type of plastic buckle ? I found alot but none like this to attach to pant 

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Suspenders under chesty crossed over (right shoulder strap over left shoulder, then left shoulder strap over right shoulder). The chest protector is not tucked. I've done this with both the old Vaughn Vision 3700 and the newer Vaughn Velocity V7 Pro Carbon chest protectors. 

• Like 1