Suspenders, Belts, Other? For Pants

OceanMon

Hi there,

I've been using my internal belt for my pants and also loops that connect it to my chest protector.

I'm looking to potentially move to a new chest protector and pants, but am unsure how things are done these days.

What are people rocking in terms of keep their pants on and up these days?  Thanks for the tips.

I´m using Vaughn SLR chestie and pants and I tried wearing almost every option, that is possible. I realy love my pants to sit as high as posible, so now I uprgraded my suspenders - instead of the elastic I use nylon. So chestie over my pants.

For me this is the best option, because suspenders over chestie push the chestie down. 

Edited by kohula
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I’m close - suspenders under, chesty untucked (but I do tie it; some shit just gotta be locked down in there...)

Tie the pants, or tie the chest to the pants? I also do just suspenders under my chest protector, and leave the C/A untucked.

I currently only use suspenders under the chesty. I don't tuck. Wearing a pro stock Reebok pant that does not have an internal belt.

With my old Reebok P1 C/A, I had a loop on the inside of the belly to help tie it down because the elastics would get too stretchy and it wouldn't hug the torso properly,

My current Passau C/A is still pretty new but it hugs the torso tightly so I don't bother doing anything besides wearing the suspenders underneath it.

Using a Bauer 2x pro c/a with warrior x2 pants. I use the internal belt to keep the pants up high, tuck the c/a and tie it down with the laces. I also put the suspenders over my c/a with mrazek straps. On my old C/A pants, I used to keep everything untucked, untied but I got tired of getting whacked along the seam of the pants/chestie. Since switching, I haven't been disappointed.

Thanks for all the responses!  So interesting. 

I was using an RBK 9K chest protector tucked into RBK 11k pants. I used the front buckles to pull up the pants and connect to chesty.  I added a buckle in the back to connect the chesty to pants. Worked for me. 

I just got a Vaughn Epic 8800...was messing around with it. Ended up having it over my pants with the pants cinched up as tight as possible.  Felt way more mobile twisting my body from side to side. 

Old ass Bauer Reactor 5 pants(original Reactors, not the 2010s reboot) with just an external belt.  Brown 2200 c/a untucked, Kova suspenders over the c/a with TGN straps.  Also have a nylon strap with clip on the back plate of the c/a connecting to the back of the pants.  Keeps everything together nicely. 

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Kova is sorta expensive and other than those are there any other cheaper but good suspender options?

They are a little pricey for custom ones but the stock aren’t that bad and they are pretty well made from the short time I have had mine. Think of it this way you can spend $50 for kova and get quality suspenders or the $15/20 for retail ones that will to be replaced 2/3 times a year. 

I was tired of replacing  mine and the kova ones are more comfy on the neck 

listen u just walk around homedepot grab some elastic hooks, and some tarp holder make ur own for 10-15 buck that  last 5 years or more.  

u can also use carabiner also sold at homedepot if u have loops in the front c/a and pants.

5 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

They are a little pricey for custom ones but the stock aren’t that bad and they are pretty well made from the short time I have had mine. Think of it this way you can spend $50 for kova and get quality suspenders or the $15/20 for retail ones that will to be replaced 2/3 times a year. 

I was tired of replacing  mine and the kova ones are more comfy on the neck 

I've had the same set of generic CCM suspenders for 4 years without any sign of them deteriorating. Had an old set of reebok suspenders before that last for about 5 years before I left them at the rink by mistake. 

I've spent $30 in suspenders in almost a decade of goaltending. I know the Kova ones are kind of the hot new thing now, but suspenders are going to be suspenders. I don't see the added value of paying more for 'em. 

Just my two cents. 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've had the same set of generic CCM suspenders for 4 years without any sign of them deteriorating. Had an old set of reebok suspenders before that last for about 5 years before I left them at the rink by mistake. 

I've spent $30 in suspenders in almost a decade of goaltending. I know the Kova ones are kind of the hot new thing now, but suspenders are going to be suspenders. I don't see the added value of paying more for 'em. 

Just my two cents. 

Agree, my Bauer suspenders been carrying me for 7 years!

3 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I’ve just of gotten the wrong ones then because one set lost it elasticity and the other one broke at the plastic part that connected to the pants and I was tieing them to one another. 

You know, I did notice that my lost reebok ones were feeling a bit stretched out after using them over my C/A for 6 months. 

I've gone back to having them under my C/A and zero issues. 

Maybe that's a cause? 

• 2 weeks later...