Foam Core Stick Thread

I've been into Frontier sticks the last year or two. Before I was into all-wood TPS sticks, and didn't like foam-core because it didn't feel as stiff. The Frontier 9985G is foam-core, but still feels stiff as a regular all-wood stick. Thinner profile than Warrior. And best of all... Frontier sticks are made in Estonia :)

Here's my 14 year old son with one of my ...errr... now his... custom Frontier stick (reminder to self: have to double the size of my next order)

Front-.jpg

Edited by estogoalie
  • 1 month later...
On 10/22/2017 at 9:33 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I actually love how it looks and support it. If I was foam core, I’d be all in! 

This isn’t the first time Sherwood had gone this route either... 

I like it also and might get one if they have a color scheme that works. But the reason it has the paint scheme that it does is that sher-wood didn’t want to pay the NHL licensing fee, right? 

On 10/22/2017 at 10:20 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Correct.

But, their smart to offer it at retail. I was just pointing out it’s not even the first time they’ve tried a paddle graphics 

here’s all the colors. They have hawks

https://goalie.purehockey.com/product/GS350_MTO_Goal_Stick/itm/29834-41/

Sorry I meant I thought it was funny that we’re getting a retail version of a pro stick that is painted the way it is because the retail paint scheme isn’t permitted. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

It is, but it’s smart. Sherwood is against ropes. They need some creativity! 

I'll always be a fan of their brand but I really don't know how much longer they can keep themselves in the game.

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Sorry I meant I thought it was funny that we’re getting a retail version of a pro stick that is painted the way it is because the retail paint scheme isn’t permitted. 

It just proves that many still want to emulate the pros.

• Like 1