Lefevre 20.1 First Thoughts & Living Review

Chenner29

On 8/24/2020 at 5:52 AM, cuprajake said:

slow down cowboy,

you weighed them....

and yes weight matters, i mentioned it as most the ccm stuff ive ever owned and tried has been heavy, yes i know its no longer ccm

my new glove with skate lace pocket weighs 1.95lbs and the blocker stock is 1.88lbs

As everyone was changing CCM wasn't, they were behind. The Premier must have been the worse pad to come out in the new era of gear, heavy AF! They did an incredible job on the P2, my favorite set probably. Can't wait for my Axis to come, the difference in weight now is minimal I think between brands. 

On 8/24/2020 at 5:52 AM, cuprajake said:

slow down cowboy,

you weighed them....

and yes weight matters, i mentioned it as most the ccm stuff ive ever owned and tried has been heavy, yes i know its no longer ccm

my new glove with skate lace pocket weighs 1.95lbs and the blocker stock is 1.88lbs

On 8/24/2020 at 12:45 PM, cuprajake said:

Sorry i work in grams not lbs 8 just google converted 

The glove was 886g and blocker 855g

These are snr level yes, not the pro version. Couldnt warrent it 

Jeez this forum 

LOL "cowboy"? - I'm not the one chasing after miniscule weight savings...

Yes I "weighed them" - did you compare them to your numbers before posting?
Did you even think about how you wanted your post to come across?

Because based on your numbers:

Warrior SENIOR glove is 31 oz; Lefevre PRO glove is 35 oz, net difference 4 oz

Warrior SENIOR blocker is 30oz; Lefevre PRO blocker is 31 oz, net difference 1 oz

Total net difference 5 oz, or a deck of cards.  Yes, I guess we should "slow down" for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keeperton said:

Rerailing...

Have you got any opinions on rebounds? How hard they pop, etc. I'd like to know more about the blocker, like how the finger protection feels, the sidewall stiffness, etc.

Pad rebounds are good.  I don't have much hip flexibility so shots are going off to the boards.

Blocker wrist mobility is great, board is solid (feels a bit more stiff than EF4).  I do kind of miss the D3O index finger protection as a security blanket (haven't taken any shots off the finger yet).  Sidewall is the same as EF4

9 hours ago, Smeds35 said:

What Break is that catcher? Looks like a 580? Could be fooled 🤨 Also how are you liking the glove pop outs/thumb angle/stiffness etc. Tempted to order one since Imma 6t0 degree fan boy 😇

I specced a 580 break, and I wanted the first picture I share to show why I think so many people peg it as a very natural glove to catch with. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 6:33 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Less than 1.5 deck of cards.

Though, does the official weight of a deck of cards include the joker and the rule cards? I think we need to determine that first before we move on.

I don't know about you, but I'm never playing with a full deck of cards ...and got a few aces up my sleeve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 2:01 AM, Chenner29 said:

[Blocked] Review 1 (30 days)

(I'll add pics later, I promise - it's late but I want to put my thoughts in tonight)

Gotta beat @BadAngle41 to the punch...Lefevre users are punctual and deliver as promised.

You gotta be good at something... this topic is just proving you can't pick pads very well so might as well be punctuality. 🤯

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

If you're going custom (which is the pretty much the only option here) you can always go with weave.  My Axis pads with weave gussets slide like a dream.

I’m almost certain I’m going bauer after seeing how axis pads play for my goalie partner but thank you if I’m shorter on cash than expected I’ll go axis with virtually no speedskin to be found