Square toe or rounded toe?

RichMan

if square toe means the bottom of the blade then round.  round blade allows you to react and redirect faster with control then a square.

And yes I know in article it says Price change from round to  square few years back, but the bottom of the blade remains the same, that is rockers.

The only reason people use flat  or square toe is bc they dont know.

I can't really tell a difference tbh. i've used both and have not been able to tell much of a difference myself

i've seen people say the square toe lines up better on the board when stopping dump ins but that's such a small amount of space youre talking at that point, i'd put that more on your technique than stick. some say the round toes easier to handle the puck with but imo it's more about the feel of the stick rather than the build if that makes sense. 

ive used round toe before (fav stick prior to my current warrior m1 was my ccm p2.9) and it handled the puck great, as does my current fav warrior m1. 

i feel like small things like that become more of a placebo and people kinda forcing the idea that ones better than the other. some people swear by square toe and some swear by round toe. Im not a big puckhandler, but I can handle it fine as a whole in pretty much anything. but imo the square/round toe is prob the least important part of the stick. id put weight, flex/stiffness profile, the shoulders of the paddle fitting your style well (sloped, trigger grip, etc), and the stick fitting you in the butterfly well as more important factors towards both coverage and puck handling abilities.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:25 PM, Max27 said:

.... more of a placebo ....square/round toe is prob the least important part of the stick. .......stick fitting you in the butterfly well as more important factors towards both coverage and puck handling abilities.

you are 100% wrong, its the most important b/c it place the hands in the correct place using the correct motion, thats why pretty much everyone use a rocker blade.  whatever think what you want j.

1 hour ago, DL42 said:

you are 100% wrong, its the most important b/c it place the hands in the correct place using the correct motion, thats why pretty much everyone use a rocker blade.  whatever think what you want j.

How does a round or squared toe affect your hand positioning?  That doesn't seem to make sense.  Also, as above, I would prefer a square toe, but I've moved to the Mzarek curve which only comes rounded.

1 hour ago, DL42 said:

The topic is about the toe, not the heel.

1 hour ago, DL42 said:

the toe shape isnt the most important part of the stick in any regard lol

8 hours ago, Max27 said:

the toe shape isnt the most important part of the stick in any regard lol

the rocker blade is, it offsets the lie the length of the paddle and how you hold it and control the rebounds thats why 99% of pros use a rocker blade.  

I'm not going to argue with you, some people just dont understand like custom sizing vs stock sizing, some idiots think they need +2 even when dont even know what size thighrise they need.

also do idiots who think they need to cut the shaft of the stick bc carey price did without knowing the  length it was before, pros have diff length shaft like freddy brathwaite.

38 minutes ago, DL42 said:

the rocker blade is, it offsets the lie the length of the paddle and how you hold it and control the rebounds thats why 99% of pros use a rocker blade.  

I'm not going to argue with you, some people just dont understand like custom sizing vs stock sizing, some idiots think they need +2 even when dont even know what size thighrise they need.

also do idiots who think they need to cut the shaft of the stick bc carey price did without knowing the  length it was before, pros have diff length shaft like freddy brathwaite.

First of all, this site is already setup for double spacing when you press the enter button.  PLEASE stop hitting enter so many times and causing so much unnecessary space between your sentences.  Its so fucking annoying to look at.

Secondly, for the second time, the topic being discussed is the TOE OF THE BLADE NOT THE HEEL.
The Proper Way to Tape a Hockey Stick

36 minutes ago, DL42 said:

I guess 99% of pros are dumb for using rocker blades

In addition to you apparently not knowing that we are talking about the toe of a blade and NOT the heel, how do you get my thinking that an inanimate object looks dumb equates to a professional hockey player being dumb?

• 5 months later...

Archived