2021 Playoffs

MTH

I need a thread to keep up with the playoffs. I know it's round two now.

West/Canada:

1. Avalanche/Knights - Avs lead 1-0
  2. Canadiens/Jets - 0-0 still.

East:

1. Hurricanes/Lightning - TB leads 2-0
  2. Bruins/Islanders - Tied 1-1

I haven't watched any games yet. I'm going to get into it now. I like the regular old school bracket they used this year rather than re-shuffling the deck every round.

2021 NHL Playoffs: Stanley Cup playoffs scores, bracket, complete schedule,  standings, games, TV channels - CBSSports.com

Looking at the teams left - A final between the Jets and the Islanders would be interesting.

Imagine going back 20 years ago and saying that in 2021 the Winnipeg Jets would be in the finals against the Islanders?

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Looking at the teams left - A final between the Jets and the Islanders would be interesting.

Imagine going back 20 years ago and saying that in 2021 the Winnipeg Jets would be in the finals against the Islanders?

This is my hope as well, I'd love to see those two teams in the Final. 

Unfortunately it looks like a Lightning-Avalanche final is most likely, which is kinda gross. Fandom aside though, it'd be good to watch two of the league's best teams duke it out.

46 minutes ago, MTH said:

It is unreal that the Leafs always struggle. You could dress the entire NHL all star team in Leafs uniforms and they'd still lose in the first round.

My wife is a Montreal native, life at home has been peaceful since Monday.  Some insane stats from this series though, Toronto is like 0-8 since 2013 with an opportunity to clinch?

10 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

My wife is a Montreal native, life at home has been peaceful since Monday.  Some insane stats from this series though, Toronto is like 0-8 since 2013 with an opportunity to clinch?

They're also second in the league for current series winning drought (18 years), Panthers lead at 23 seasons

They also broke the record for longest Stanley Cup drought.

Mathews, the Rocket Richard winner scored one goal all series and had a total of 4 points.

Marner, making 10.5 million a season, is 18 PLAYOFF GAMES without a goal.

Corey Perry with a cap hit of $750,00 and playing on the fourth line outscored both Marner and Mathews combined. (20 Million cap hit)

I think I've got some more embarrassing tidbits about the leafs since this loss, but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Edited by coopaloop1234

44 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

They're also second in the league for current series winning drought (18 years), Panthers lead at 23 seasons

Mathews, the Rocket Richard winner scored one goal all series and had a total of 4 points.

Corey Perry with a cap hit of $750,00 and playing on the fourth line outscored both Marner and Mathews combined. (20 Million cap hit)

I think I've got some more embarrassing tidbits about the leafs since this loss, but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Fuckin hockey nerd

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Calgary had as many wins during the post-season as the Leafs, and they weren't even in the playoffs.

34 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Calgary had as many wins during the post-season as the Leafs, and they weren't even in the playoffs.

Pretty sure Vancouver and Calgary only played each other twice after the playoffs started and it was an even split.

We had more games won than Edmonton.

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty sure Vancouver and Calgary only played each other twice after the playoffs started and it was an even split.

We had more games won than Edmonton.

Calgary and Vancouver had 4 games after the regular season ended. Calgary won 3.

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

First playoff game was May 15th and Canucks we're playing the Oilers. We then went head to head 3 times,  which you won twice.

So we're both wrong? lol

Untitled.thumb.png.51adbc291a7f2e3fd20687a36756f52a.png

Regular season ended on the 13th. Calgary/Vancouver were the last game of the night, and it was a reschedule, so I count it as post-season

[EDIT] that would make Edmonton the first team in NHL history to go 0-5 after the end of the regular season. XD

Edited by CJ Boiss

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I’m a Habs fan, so I’m disqualifying myself from comment - but what did others think of the Scheifele hit on Evans…?

Dangerous and predatory. Sheifele could have made a play for the puck, probably would have saved the goal if he did, but once he hit the top of the circles and started gliding he'd decided that he wanted to absolutely bulldoze a kid as he came out from behind the net. Gutless thing to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I’m a Habs fan, so I’m disqualifying myself from comment - but what did others think of the Scheifele hit on Evans…?

Excessively violent. And it was so because of distance traveled and the speed he built up in that distance. The refs followed the rules and gave the appropriate penalty. He might see a suspension, too. 
All of this is not to say hitting shouldn’t be allowed, as some might complain seeing this hit penalized. There’s plenty of hitting going on, it just has to fall within the parameters of what’s legal. And this did not. 

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

This guy deservedly got nominated for the Calder Trophy, which is great.  Plus, it was announced that Mrazek is starting game 3 vs. Tampa, not so great.  The Lightning (and the Avs) are scary good.

Alex Nedeljkovic helps Hurricanes blank Predators for 2-0 series lead |  Toronto Sun

…your endorsement of Nedeljkovic’s nomination having NOTHING to do with the Vaughn set up he’s got going, of course…

😋

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

…your endorsement of Nedeljkovic’s nomination having NOTHING to do with the Vaughn set up he’s got going, of course…

😋

Zero.

Even TheGoalNet himself admires this kid's style.  It's objective.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Zero.

Even TheGoalNet himself admires this kid's style.  It's objective.

Vaughn fan or not, you have to admit it’s a sick set up. Look good - feel good - play good!

Well, except for Price; as soon as he has a sweet set up or mask, they have a bad game, and it’s gone.