Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

4 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It's sad dogs are too dumb to let us properly cool them down with things like cold water bottles, cool towels, etc. 

It tried to put a cold water bottle on my dogs belly/thigh and he just keeps trying to bite and chew on it while squirming around like a maniac.  What a dumby :)

My Trix would lie on the aircon vent, essentially hogging it. It would look like the air con would be blowing her skirt up! It was so funny!

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah no AC for us here.  We are the least ACd city in the country, apparently.  Keeping 2 Siberian Huskies cool right now is a challenge.

The little ones will eventually get with the programme on cooling down. Trix used to snuggle frozen water bottles, too. Come to think of it, she was just a bit odd. 🤣

42 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah no AC for us here.  We are the least ACd city in the country, apparently.  Keeping 2 Siberian Huskies cool right now is a challenge.

Obviously our cities are essentially parallels of each other. We're the same here.

I'm such a baby about the heat that I've always had an A/C. Summer is my least favourite season.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Obviously our cities are essentially parallels of each other. We're the same here.

I'm such a baby about the heat that I've always had an A/C. Summer is my least favourite season.

We have a finished basement and our dogs have learned that it is substantially cooler downstairs.  So we have all been spending a lot of time downstairs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bummed I lost one of my favorite hats on a camping trip ☹ last week.. my camouflage O'Reilly auto parts hat I left on top of the truck. Looked around the next morning hoping someone hung it up someplace but no luck it was gone 🙄

1 hour ago, Scythe said:

Bummed I lost one of my favorite hats on a camping trip ☹ last week.. my camouflage O'Reilly auto parts hat I left on top of the truck. Looked around the next morning hoping someone hung it up someplace but no luck it was gone 🙄

I am sorry to hear that. I don’t own a hat, but I lose sun glasses a LOT.

This trend over the last ten years in the English language bugs the piss out of me: “loose” for the word “lose”. What in the actual frack is that?!? Seriously- the past tense would be “loosed” or “loost”, not “lost”. When I see “loose” used in the place of “lose”, the credibility of that person has gone down 30 points. Shortening “though” to “tho”, whilst irritating, doesn’t bother me quite as much.

Hopefully, you can find a suitable replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am sorry to hear that. I don’t own a hat, but I lose sun glasses a LOT.

This trend over the last ten years in the English language bugs the piss out of me: “loose” for the word “lose”. What in the actual frack is that?!? Seriously- the past tense would be “loosed” or “loost”, not “lost”. When I see “loose” used in the place of “lose”, the credibility of that person has gone down 30 points. Shortening “though” to “tho”, whilst irritating, doesn’t bother me quite as much.

Hopefully, you can find a suitable replacement.

Well now I’m interested to hear your opinion on the words y’all and ain’t as well as many other southern terms. I was looked at very strangely in Wisconsin whenever I’d said y’all.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Well now I’m interested to hear your opinion on the words y’all and ain’t as well as many other southern terms. I was looked at very strangely in Wisconsin whenever I’d said y’all.

Y’all is a totally different animal. I have said “You all”, but I find myself also saying “all of you”.  “ain’t” doesn’t bother me, despite not technically being a word, and for G’ds sake- at least y’all and ain’t are spelled correctly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Y’all is a totally different animal. I have said “You all”, but I find myself also saying “all of you”.  “ain’t” doesn’t bother me, despite not technically being a word, and for G’ds sake- at least y’all and ain’t are spelled correctly!

The best one is “all y’all” in my personal opinion 

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Haha 1

Trying a new way to make Tandoori-spiced chicken today. I am doing the traditional spice rub (as the spice rub was invented in India 🇮🇳)/dry marinade per convention. But this time, since I never got on with building my tandoor, I am going to pressure cook the chicken thighs, using Coca Cola as the liquid, then finish them on a 550F indoor grill.  I think this should give just enough of a twist on traditional Tandoori-spiced chicken to make it tasty and unique with a slight Southern barbecue flavour. I may even use my bourbon/pineapple/key lime/soy/rice vinegar spray to keep the moisture in and give a succulent crust on these bad boys. Serve it with rice and my own secret sauce with potatoes, white onions and spring onions. My Traeger is still needing work on it; otherwise this would be finished with cherry wood pellets.