Jump to content

Daily Chit-chat


seagoal
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

Pierre Mcguire accepts a job with the Senators.  Great news, less TV time and isn't that a blessing?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/senators-hire-pierre-mcguire-senior-vice-president-player-development/

 

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thank fucking goodness we don't have to worry about him jumping over to ESPN

Crosby to Seattle confirmed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Trying a new way to make Tandoori-spiced chicken today. I am doing the traditional spice rub (as the spice rub was invented in India 🇮🇳)/dry marinade per convention. But this time, since I never got on with building my tandoor, I am going to pressure cook the chicken thighs, using Coca Cola as the liquid, then finish them on a 550F indoor grill.  I think this should give just enough of a twist on traditional Tandoori-spiced chicken to make it tasty and unique with a slight Southern barbecue flavour. I may even use my bourbon/pineapple/key lime/soy/rice vinegar spray to keep the moisture in and give a succulent crust on these bad boys. Serve it with rice and my own secret sauce with potatoes, white onions and spring onions. My Traeger is still needing work on it; otherwise this would be finished with cherry wood pellets. 

The biggest food critic, Mrs. bunnyman approves. Between the succulent nature of chicken thighs and pressure cooking, grilling them down and letting the tandoor spices become a crust made them utterly satisfying.

Now to make an Indian beef dish…

Just kidding!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Sounds delicious.  I wish my wife was as adventurous with food as I am.  

The key is slow introduction. Once some key ingredients are introduced, then you slowly get her into it.
 
Of course my nan was 100% Indian, so her house always smelled like Indian spices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

The key is slow introduction. Once some key ingredients are introduced, then you slowly get her into it.
 
Of course my nan was 100% Indian, so her house always smelled like Indian spices.

I've tried.  She isn't interested.  Italian, Chinese, Mexican, and good old fashioned American junk food is all she is interested in lol.  I tried to get her to try other Spanish types of food, middle eastern food, European types of food.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've tried.  She isn't interested.  Italian, Chinese, Mexican, and good old fashioned American junk food is all she is interested in lol.  I tried to get her to try other Spanish types of food, middle eastern food, European types of food.

You didn’t marry her for her food preferences, I surmise! 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to rant a small bit here, as I think this is particularly important: watch your exhaustion and hydration levels in the rinks this time of year. I was boiling yesterday and found myself taking close to ten minute breaks. Not only was it from trying to break in a new pair of skates, but I was sweating profusely. Dehydration is a potential problem for everyone; I nearly went to the ER for IV rehydration last night. Dehydration is a big problem for those without colons. Thankfully I got it under control, but it was close. I foolishly quaffed a couple of brews, as well; beer is my FAVOURITE apres sport beverage. Bad news. Be careful out there, please! I don’t want to read about anyone here in the past tense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am going to rant a small bit here, as I think this is particularly important: watch your exhaustion and hydration levels in the rinks this time of year. I was boiling yesterday and found myself taking close to ten minute breaks. Not only was it from trying to break in a new pair of skates, but I was sweating profusely. Dehydration is a potential problem for everyone; I nearly went to the ER for IV rehydration last night. Dehydration is a big problem for those without colons. Thankfully I got it under control, but it was close. I foolishly quaffed a couple of brews, as well; beer is my FAVOURITE apres sport beverage. Bad news. Be careful out there, please! I don’t want to read about anyone here in the past tense.

:

 

here's a colon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

I too have no life except posting on a message board

You're not an enthusiast until you:

  • Treat every thread as your own personal blog and reply to every thread all the time
  • Create and post under multiple usernames
  • Share and overshare your personal life on a public forum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

You're not an enthusiast until you:

  • Treat every thread as your own personal blog and reply to every thread all the time
  • Create and post under multiple usernames
  • Share and overshare your personal life on a public forum

TIL that I'm only 1/3'rd of an enthusiast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...