True chest protector

Desert Tendy

45 minutes ago, Desert Tendy said:

Any news on when the True chesty is coming out?

97BABD87-5D55-4BFA-B60D-8663147E2422.png

That's a debadged Pro Spec CCM NHL unit.  They're probably reverse engineering it as most of their pro customers are wearing it.

We'll have to wait and see how close their final product is to the CCM. 

In the meantime, if you want the CCM version, check SLS and Facebook sale groups as they pop up from time to time.

I own a Varlamov return and it is excellent.  @TheGoalNet grabbed one from Eric Comrie (?) and didn't like the arm stiffness...so the forum reviews on it are split 50/50 lol

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Did it take a year to get the arms figured out? 😬

My biggest issue with most retail chests (besides Warrior and Mach) is that there’s usually a gap at the elbow break where a puck can fit during dead arm blocking once the chest is broken in. It’s 2 weeks later and my arm has only now stopped swelling but still has bruising all the way through. This incident resulted in me coming up with this monstrosity. 

B748D470-A32E-411E-A436-DEA90FCC9BD3.thumb.png.54a9fd26c3256bcafd6d04c1fb9b4239.png

I haven’t built it yet but an order has been placed for a X3 Pro+ chest. I’ll probably also throw some modified premier shoulder floaters on it

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

My biggest issue with most retail chests (besides Warrior and Mach) is that there’s usually a gap at the elbow break where a puck can fit during dead arm blocking once the chest is broken in. It’s 2 weeks later and my arm has only now stopped swelling but still has bruising all the way through. This incident resulted in me coming up with this monstrosity. 

B748D470-A32E-411E-A436-DEA90FCC9BD3.thumb.png.54a9fd26c3256bcafd6d04c1fb9b4239.png

I haven’t built it yet but an order has been placed for a X3 Pro+ chest. I’ll probably also throw some modified premier shoulder floaters on it

What size are you?

I've managed to procure a couple CCM AB18Pros if you wanna try one...

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

What size are you?

I've managed to procure a couple CCM AB18Pros if you wanna try one...

Large in CCM but I’m looking to take up space too not just gain protection lol. The warrior arms are still 7” wide boxes and once I have some axis shoulder floaters made they will be too. My hope is to create something semi legal but with better performance than any one retail chest could offer. 

6 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Going for the Hyperlite chest part? What's wrong with Warrior? On Warrior you could swap the floaters easily as they are velcroed almost completely? I don't have any experience with Hyperlite nor X3 but when I had Warriors GT Pro I never had any tramas with the chest part being not protective. The arms were bad exactly on the mentioned elbows.

9 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

on the Supreme line, based on my experience of using both the C170 and NXG never had these problems, based on the design of the elbow bend protection that completely covers the gap

IMG_20201023_173310.thumb.jpg.c14ab6bbcc85e3468d5fc2c6756067bd.jpgIMG_20201216_144943.thumb.jpg.2290323095dfa8ecb09e736715ccf135.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Going for the Hyperlite chest part? What's wrong with Warrior? On Warrior you could swap the floaters easily as they are velcroed almost completely? I don't have any experience with Hyperlite nor X3 but when I had Warriors GT Pro I never had any tramas with the chest part being not protective. The arms were bad exactly on the mentioned elbows.

I’ve had problems with the warrior sternum and chest blocks not swallowing up pucks near as much as any other brand. Plus I adore that soft armpit protection on the hyperlite. I’m hoping to make the floaters on my hyperlite similar to the design warrior and axis 2 use

1 hour ago, ser33 said:

on the Supreme line, based on my experience of using both the C170 and NXG never had these problems, based on the design of the elbow bend protection that completely covers the gap

IMG_20201023_173310.thumb.jpg.c14ab6bbcc85e3468d5fc2c6756067bd.jpgIMG_20201216_144943.thumb.jpg.2290323095dfa8ecb09e736715ccf135.jpg

For the time being I just have a polycarbonate sheet stuffed behind the elbow floater. It hasn’t decreased mobility and should solve my problems. That said, I’m still about 6’ and only 140lbs so any additional space I can take up is going to be used. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’ve had problems with the warrior sternum and chest blocks not swallowing up pucks near as much as any other brand. Plus I adore that soft armpit protection on the hyperlite. I’m hoping to make the floaters on my hyperlite similar to the design warrior and axis 2 use

Definitely would have a good use for one Bunnymans flumpy projects. But without those it's easiest to get the best working parts and try to fit them together. Not the cheapest way to go though. 🤑

• 1 year later...