Wilcox Goal Design Thread

cwarnar

Hey All... Just thought I'd get another thread going... This is my second set of gloves from Dave, who is also looking to move into pad production as well.  My glove is a Summit and blocker is an R12.  Dave did custom graphics to match my Passau Axiom Pads.  This set is seriously the best I've used... Glove has excellent closure, natural feel and is a vacuum.  I'm still a "blocker is a blocker" guy but the R12 is light, protective and I have no issues with paddle down.  

Made some minor changes from my first set Dave did... Blocker - Different finger protection, its the Bionic player glove style.  The glove I went with a game ready palm over the pro palm from my first one.  I also got rid of the skate lace pocket and went back to regular cord.  Questions welcome... And I'm also planning to post a full review in the coming weeks

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice set! I have to say I love seeing equipment from these (for lack of a better term) "non-franchised" builders. To me it just seems in a goalie's nature to take the road less traveled;)

P.S. Can I put in a request for a single or double "thumbs up" emoticon?

I wish someone could build a glove that will allow you to handle a stick properly right OOB.  Everyone that I have ever seen or tried on, needs severe breaking in before it is even remotely possible to grasp the stick correctly.   At least that has been my experience.   Usually, the T webbing is super stiff and the slot at the bottom is too small or non-existent.  Also, the Jenpro is too slippery to hold the stick properly.   IMO, they need to design one with a flexible break point at the T, so that the stick can push it back easily.  Combine that with a larger slot at the bottom.  The slot area should have some grippy material in it that would help grasp the stick.    

1 hour ago, Srsieve said:

I wish someone could build a glove that will allow you to handle a stick properly right OOB.  Everyone that I have ever seen or tried on, needs severe breaking in before it is even remotely possible to grasp the stick correctly.   At least that has been my experience.   Usually, the T webbing is super stiff and the slot at the bottom is too small or non-existent.  Also, the Jenpro is too slippery to hold the stick properly.   IMO, they need to design one with a flexible break point at the T, so that the stick can push it back easily.  Combine that with a larger slot at the bottom.  The slot area should have some grippy material in it that would help grasp the stick.    

I shoot right handed normally but have adapted to "Turco style" while in net.  My summit glove does have a notch in the heel of the glove to make it easier for stick handling 

• 1 month later...

Does anybody else who has tried to get an order for a reskin have a difficult time getting information out of Dave? I am getting very frustrated trying to get an order going. His reskins look awesome, but trying to get an email conversation going is very, very frustrating. I am almost done trying to deal with him.

Have you tried messaging him through facebook, seems to be the preferred method for a lot of people these days.  I would also check with Jason Terio (Keeps33), I think he still does that kind of stuff and is pretty good from what I've seen. 

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Not on FB, don't want to be! I have had limited success on Instagram, but then he says to email him (*face palm!*)

Just frustrating. 

The only thing with Terio is that his waiting list is very, very long! Great for him, but I'd climb the walls!!!

:facepalm:   lol

Jason is worth the wait.  His work is impeccable.  Though, to be honest his times aren't that bad.  Have you contacted him?  I had my blocker back in a week.  Granted I didn't need all that much work done to the blocker.  At least not as much as I think a whole glove reskin would be.

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

:facepalm:   lol

Jason is worth the wait.  His work is impeccable.  Though, to be honest his times aren't that bad.  Have you contacted him?  I had my blocker back in a week.  Granted I didn't need all that much work done to the blocker.  At least not as much as I think a whole glove reskin would be.

Every time I tried, he was not taking on new work or he said he was quite awhile away. So I stopped trying.

Shawn says Jason's work is excellent. 

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

When was the last time?  He just took me in and had me finished quickly.  

About two years ago. He kinda indicated that he wasn't really into reskins at that point. I did FB stalk him and saw that he wasn't taking new orders, so again- I looked elsewhere.

7 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

Have you tried messaging him through facebook, seems to be the preferred method for a lot of people these days.  I would also check with Jason Terio (Keeps33), I think he still does that kind of stuff and is pretty good from what I've seen. 

Can someone ask Keeps if he wants to make a return to the message boards and get on here?

We have @Gasman so it's almost a full on reunion party! 

I think I am just going to spend a bit more and go back with Sara. It took me posting a "you did not get back to me" message (that was promptly removed) on one of his Instagram posts to get a reply with an address to send my glove. Never got a confirmation about what we were going to do.  No sorry, no kiss my ass, nothing. 

He never got back to me about abnormal wear on the player fingers on my Wilcox blocker, either. I let that go. I don't know why I thought that it was going to be different this time. 

Others may have had good luck with Dave, but I think I am just going to let others do business with him. 

13 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

About two years ago. He kinda indicated that he wasn't really into reskins at that point. I did FB stalk him and saw that he wasn't taking new orders, so again- I looked elsewhere.

I see.  From what he told me he has been able to settle down into his new home and a new shop so its been easier for him to get his work done.  I would suggest trying him again.  

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I think I am just going to spend a bit more and go back with Sara. It took me posting a "you did not get back to me" message (that was promptly removed) on one of his Instagram posts to get a reply with an address to send my glove. Never got a confirmation about what we were going to do.  No sorry, no kiss my ass, nothing. 

He never got back to me about abnormal wear on the player fingers on my Wilcox blocker, either. I let that go. I don't know why I thought that it was going to be different this time. 

Others may have had good luck with Dave, but I think I am just going to let others do business with him. 

Or Sara is always another good choice.  I have no personal experience with her but I have never heard a negative thing said about her.  

Is the bolded part about Keeps or about Wilcox?

8 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I see.  From what he told me he has been able to settle down into his new home and a new shop so its been easier for him to get his work done.  I would suggest trying him again.  

Or Sara is always another good choice.  I have no personal experience with her but I have never heard a negative thing said about her.  

Is the bolded part about Keeps or about Wilcox?

No- Keeps was very good about responses and was very up front about how long it was going to take. The man is just busy, that's all. And as I say- if Shawn Schroeder likes him, then he's good. If you can't tell, I take Shawn's word as gospel. 

I had emailed Dave about the player fingers on a blocker I had him make me last year. I never heard back. I just wanted to know how much a re-palm with those fingers or a new set up (conventional) would be. Never heard a response, so I let it go. Somebody will be modding this, if not ME when I finally get an industrial sewing machine...

What hacked me off was that he was posting all of these examples of his work on social media and he wasn't replying to emails. 

I get being busy- I work 66-70 hours per week doing two jobs, one that RELIES on good customer service.  But I reply to texts from my side business within the hour, even if to say "Hi (blank). Let me check on that when I am gone from the real job as they look down upon me conducting outside business during my hours here. It will be around (blank) o'clock. Is that okay?" 

Dave does quality work at a very fair price, no doubt. I just don't think the way he does business is compatible with the way I expect to be treated as a customer. 

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

No- Keeps was very good about responses and was very up front about how long it was going to take. The man is just busy, that's all. And as I say- if Shawn Schroeder likes him, then he's good. If you can't tell, I take Shawn's word as gospel. 

I had emailed Dave about the player fingers on a blocker I had him make me last year. I never heard back. I just wanted to know how much a re-palm with those fingers or a new set up (conventional) would be. Never heard a response, so I let it go. Somebody will be modding this, if not ME when I finally get an industrial sewing machine...

What hacked me off was that he was posting all of these examples of his work on social media and he wasn't replying to emails. 

I get being busy- I work 66-70 hours per week doing two jobs, one that RELIES on good customer service.  But I reply to texts from my side business within the hour, even if to say "Hi (blank). Let me check on that when I am gone from the real job as they look down upon me conducting outside business during my hours here. It will be around (blank) o'clock. Is that okay?" 

Dave does quality work at a very fair price, no doubt. I just don't think the way he does business is compatible with the way I expect to be treated as a customer. 

I don't know Dave so I can't directly comment on the way he conducts business but that shit does annoy me.  If you have time to take a picture and post it then you should have time to return a text message.  Unfortunately not everyone does business the way you do.  

Again, this is not a knock on anyone in particular.  Some people just conduct themselves better than others.

22 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't know Dave so I can't directly comment on the way he conducts business but that shit does annoy me.  If you have time to take a picture and post it then you should have time to return a text message.  Unfortunately not everyone does business the way you do.  

Again, this is not a knock on anyone in particular.  Some people just conduct themselves better than others.

This was one thing that was pissing off people with Monster. No replies to enqueries about placed orders and he's posting on social media. The one thing I always knew (especially since Myspace used to tag  dates and times of when you were logged in) was to stay off of the social media when trying to hide from someone. 

Again- some people are fine with a lower standard as far as customer service. I hold myself to a very high standard. I would not have had any success had I not. I can't expect that everybody else conducts business the way that I do and I have to get over expecting others to do the same as I do. 

9 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

This was one thing that was pissing off people with Monster. No replies to enqueries about placed orders and he's posting on social media. The one thing I always knew (especially since Myspace used to tag  dates and times of when you were logged in) was to stay off of the social media when trying to hide from someone. 

Again- some people are fine with a lower standard as far as customer service. I hold myself to a very high standard. I would not have had any success had I not. I can't expect that everybody else conducts business the way that I do and I have to get over expecting others to do the same as I do

Unfortunately that's the shame of it all.  Some people just don't give a shit.

I have been in contact with Dave about his latest product, custom mask bags.  Since he does gear PT (I know he was talking about moving WGD to a FT gig) he's a very tough man to get a hold of.  I even floated him the idea of adding a rep to eliminate the communication gaps.

We were speaking thru Facebook messenger as well.  @bunnyman666 if you want I can give him your info... just let me know

Best way is his email - Wilcox.Goal.Design@gmail.com 

Archived