Wilcox Goal Design Thread

cwarnar

Update: I mention the blocker, and now it's radio silence, once again. I did not complain, I just wanted to know how much it was going to cost to replace the palm. I am cutting my losses and going to wait until August for Sara. She may be a bit more expensive (with the USD), but she will answer emails and talk to you about any problems. 

Again- Dave does good work, but it is clear that we are not going to be doing business together.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/14/2017 at 9:44 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Update: I mention the blocker, and now it's radio silence, once again. I did not complain, I just wanted to know how much it was going to cost to replace the palm. I am cutting my losses and going to wait until August for Sara. She may be a bit more expensive (with the USD), but she will answer emails and talk to you about any problems. 

Again- Dave does good work, but it is clear that we are not going to be doing business together.

If its just a repalm send Terio a message.

57 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Since it's player glove fingers, it would be a bit more than a simple repalm ?

Re-palming players gloves is pretty similar, it shouldn't be an issue. The only real difference between player gloves and goalie is the piece that is on the top of the finger gussets.

3 hours ago, Hills said:

Re-palming players gloves is pretty similar, it shouldn't be an issue. The only real difference between player gloves and goalie is the piece that is on the top of the finger gussets.

The player fingers on this blocker were wearing quickly. Again- I wanted to know about either fixing these or converting to conventional palm. 

Queue the Genesis song "No Reply at All". 

4 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

The player fingers on this blocker were wearing quickly. Again- I wanted to know about either fixing these or converting to conventional palm. 

Queue the Genesis song "No Reply at All". 

Got any photos? Do you tape the handle of your goalie stick? How quickly have they worn out? For my goalie gloves there is usually no sign of wear besides paint rubbing off of posts (or stick) and me breaking through seams.

Also, this isn't me judging you, I am just curious what is wearing as I have seen many people go through palms on player gloves but mine are always in much better condition.

On 4/17/2017 at 2:08 PM, Hills said:

Got any photos? Do you tape the handle of your goalie stick? How quickly have they worn out? For my goalie gloves there is usually no sign of wear besides paint rubbing off of posts (or stick) and me breaking through seams.

Also, this isn't me judging you, I am just curious what is wearing as I have seen many people go through palms on player gloves but mine are always in much better condition.

Asking about the premature wear (and even offering to pay, not saying "replace my glove at your cost") is what gets radio silence from Dave. The palm is actually fine, it's the fingers. I stopped playing in this glove months ago because I was worried about protection if the material was wearing away this quickly.

image.jpg

image.jpgYes- I tried sealing those spots. I had not used this glove for all that long. Again- I just figured that I should go traditional rather than player fingers. But when I enquired? Radio silence.

14 hours ago, mik said:

What is the advantage of these fingers? Saw it some years ago, but never got chance to try...

The only thing I could think of, and this is all just speculation, is having protection on each individual finger instead of having one piece for the index finger and one wide piece for the other other three.

I have the Bionic player fingers on my R12 Dave made for me.  I went this route because on my previous R12 I was having issues with the finger protection collasping properly when I had my hand closed.  Here is a pic of the issue I was having

51oieq.jpg

10 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Cwarnar that is one nice mask bag - what does the acronym wgd stand for as well as the # 812 ??

WGD is Wilcox Goal Design... Daves company (use to be the man for TPS and Sherwood)

812 is my badge number at work

On 4/20/2017 at 4:44 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

The only thing I could think of, and this is all just speculation, is having protection on each individual finger instead of having one piece for the index finger and one wide piece for the other other three.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:43 PM, cwarnar said:

I have the Bionic player fingers on my R12 Dave made for me.  I went this route because on my previous R12 I was having issues with the finger protection collasping properly when I had my hand closed.  Here is a pic of the issue I was having

Thanks for answers, good to be here, every day something new about equipment ;) .

I now am also in the email pit with Dave. 6 emails exchanged within two days about getting an X-lite glove and R-12 blocker made. All design details hashed out then nothing. Sent another email offering to give a downpayment and still nothing. I could really care less about the blocker but my happiness level was at a peak when I learned I could get a new x-lite glove. I guess I'll keep checking in till he says yes of to buzz off.

6 hours ago, DonPost said:

I now am also in the email pit with Dave. 6 emails exchanged within two days about getting an X-lite glove and R-12 blocker made. All design details hashed out then nothing. Sent another email offering to give a downpayment and still nothing. I could really care less about the blocker but my happiness level was at a peak when I learned I could get a new x-lite glove. I guess I'll keep checking in till he says yes of to buzz off.

You will get the "I work a regular job, plus this and I have two kids" yarn if you call him out on one of his instagram posts.

End your frustration and look elsewhere. He is a flake, plain and simple.

Ouch lol.  Tough spot to be in.  I totally get that this is only his side gig and still has family to worry about but If he is active on social media then use that platform to spread word that you are backed up and will no longer take on jobs until you are caught up.  Same thing Keeps does.  This way you don't get people constantly messaging you and you can't respond.  Idk, I definitely feel for both sides.

54 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ouch lol.  Tough spot to be in.  I totally get that this is only his side gig and still has family to worry about but If he is active on social media then use that platform to spread word that you are backed up and will no longer take on jobs until you are caught up.  Same thing Keeps does.  This way you don't get people constantly messaging you and you can't respond.  Idk, I definitely feel for both sides.

I admit I am being harsh, but the second I asked him about the player fingers, he stopped answering my emails, plus it took me calling him out on social media to get response about the Heaton glove. 

Just very frustrated by him. I work two jobs and have a chronically ill spouse, but I take care of business. And if I can't- I am very upfront about it.

Archived