15 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Have you ever heard the term “check each brand for fit”? THAT is so true with Brian’s chesties!

I wear small in Vaughn and Warrior, but medium in Brian’s! It seems to fit, ESPECIALLY in the arms where everything seems to be super-long for me.

Monkey did not have all-black ?

Pix:

image.jpg

I spy my old Vaughn pads!

Got my first skate in with thing...

Positives: felt great for a new chesty. Decently mobile for brand new.

Negatives: user error with the default of the shoulder floaters, as I could not move my head. Note that I should have put on my helmet when trying it on. Again- user error. It is bigger than the Warrior unit it is replacing, and I needed a hand to get my sweater over it; the fact that it is an SP pro sweater may have to do with it...

The big thing is the sheer adjustability. This unit has TONNES of adjustability. I played in an over 50 game last night and most of the shots never touched my trunk. I did get a shot on my blocker side arm and whilst well aware of the shot, my arm did not get a stinger!

My initial mod of the loop worked well! 

I will update as it goes along...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same one except in adult small I’m pretty sure. Amazing chesty and have had no issues with the protection for the most part. Only issue is that me being a skinnier person makes it tough when there’s a limit on the side straps with the Velcro. Forces me to tie it into a knot almost so it doesn’t twist and turn. 

On 1/5/2018 at 8:21 PM, bunnyman666 said:

The arms may need HELP!!! Nothing is like the Warrior robot arms. These fit better than ANYTHING I have tried, but they are lacking in protection...

Not terrible; not wonderful. Fit is FANTASTIC; protection is meh...

What sort of shots are you facing and where are they hitting that makes you say the protection isn't what you hoped it would be? Is it just not what you're used to from the Warrior arms or are they they much better? 

These questions are more in general for anyone who feels their C/A lacks protection. I've worn Brian's, Vaughn, CCM... and while each have their strengths and weaknesses I've never felt that any of them have let me down protection wise. If i'm square to the shot each of them have done their job. It's only the awkward scrambles that hit off a less protected portion of my body, like side or back of the arm, that I've felt more than I would like, but again that's no fault of the unit.

I definitely understand the arm length issue on stock units though. Varies so much.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

What sort of shots are you facing and where are they hitting that makes you say the protection isn't what you hoped it would be? Is it just not what you're used to from the Warrior arms or are they they much better? 

These questions are more in general for anyone who feels their C/A lacks protection. I've worn Brian's, Vaughn, CCM... and while each have their strengths and weaknesses I've never felt that any of them have let me down protection wise. If i'm square to the shot each of them have done their job. It's only the awkward scrambles that hit off a less protected portion of my body, like side or back of the arm, that I've felt more than I would like, but again that's no fault of the unit.

I definitely understand the arm length issue on stock units though. Varies so much.

Not bombs and a lot of them are rebounds or shots I was not quite square to. Again- no stingers, but I fear that as the padding breaks in, I will really start to feel the shots. 

I may end up getting my robot arms modded so I will get that great squeaker through the elbows seal on the Brian’s.

The body is pretty good, actually!

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely will get my robot arms modded for this chesty. 

Still trying to get the body to sit on me right. Someone asked if I was wearing a pillow under my chesty...

I got a puck stuck in my shoulder. It bounced from my glove and into my shoulder area. Shots on the body do die. 

Though I am doing a Franken chesty, I like the body of this chesty really, really well. The arms? Meh...

Archived