C & A protection

AMDG

Not sure if this is the right place for this.  Last night I took a slap shot right off the shoulder (deltoid muscle) and it hurt - a lot.  I've got a big bruise/contusion going today and movement towards the back (i.e. reaching for my back pocket) or raising that arm above my head really hurts.

I've examined my C/A unit to try and see where the shot hit me, but for the life of me I can't seem to find any evidence of it.  This is not the first time this happens.  I've looked for padded undershirts but none out there cover this area.  Maybe it's my technique?  (Or lack of it!)

The shot was screaming towards my face, so I tossed to the side and "shrugged" my shoulder up to block it.  And I did.  Anyways, not sure if it's my C/A unit (Bauer Pro 3 years old or so).

Thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did come straight at me and the bruise is definitely from the front.  It had to have not hit the floater and only the shoulder cap.  Maybe I can attach padding below the cap or something.  Again, I would love if there was a padded shirt that had padding on the shoulders, but alas, I haven't found any.

I had a Bauer NXG and ditched it for this exact reason, body was great, protective, mobile etc, but the arms...

On the NXG it was because there is little to no side arm protection, I don't know if thats the case with yours, but 1st time out in the NXG I had 2 pretty noticeable upper arm stingers which i'd never had in a non-pro P4!

34 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Bunnyman I am really surprised by your comments about the SZ3 can you tell me if this is the overseas model or the pro Canadian made??

Canadian made.

I am feeling shots in the forearms. No stingers, and I may NEVER feel the shots as stingers. I like the arms of my Warrior A LOT; but I love the fit of the SZ3!

2 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Bunnyman do try it!

The warrior unit you are talking about has a plastic outer shell which will provide amazing protection but I always questioned the rebounds that could have been generated by that system.

I have actually been thinking of rigging up the arms of my Warrior unit to go onto my Brian’s. The rebounds are no worse than other units, actually. I miss not being able to squeeze out those squeakers between the ribs and the elbow. I have had two go in from that spot!

Archived