TGN Deep Dive: Bauer Konekt Skates

TheGoalNet

12 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

They are absolutely necessary. The Kevlar gloves we use with true skates didn’t cut it for how hot konekt gets. 

will_poulter.PNG.4abba8a761de529044b7a4ff8ece5c5d.PNG

You guys get gloves?

But seriously, you guys have gloves for Trues? I know we're supposed to be getting gloves for the Konekt, but we've got nothing for True.

42 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

You guys get gloves?

But seriously, you guys have gloves for Trues? I know we're supposed to be getting gloves for the Konekt, but we've got nothing for True.

Weird. Maybe corporate bought us some Kevlar gloves for the trues. Or you guys lost them😂

Either way gloves are absolutely necessary and if you don’t use the cold packs with konekt then cooldown is about 35-40 minutes. Unfortunately we didn’t have toe sleeves to bake the first pair so they’re a little too snug. Probably going to have to bake them again soon. 

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Weird. Maybe corporate bought us some Kevlar gloves for the trues. Or you guys lost them😂

Either way gloves are absolutely necessary and if you don’t use the cold packs with konekt then cooldown is about 35-40 minutes. Unfortunately we didn’t have toe sleeves to bake the first pair so they’re a little too snug. Probably going to have to bake them again soon. 

What are the toe sleeves exactly? Some kind of sock? I've seen them mentioned in forums a few times. Some sites have them listed but without any info :(

I just want to make sure my local shop do everything properly when I get my pair, with the process being so radically different to normal skates🤣

8 minutes ago, Subsicto said:

What are the toe sleeves exactly? Some kind of sock? I've seen them mentioned in forums a few times. Some sites have them listed but without any info :(

I just want to make sure my local shop do everything properly when I get my pair, with the process being so radically different to normal skates🤣

I’m guessing that due to the heat these skates are heated up to you wear a special sock so you don’t burn yourself to some extent, above they are mentioning them needing to wear gloves to handle the boot after baking so I’m assuming the same is needed for your foot. 

4 hours ago, Cass said:

I’m guessing that due to the heat these skates are heated up to you wear a special sock so you don’t burn yourself to some extent, above they are mentioning them needing to wear gloves to handle the boot after baking so I’m assuming the same is needed for your foot. 

The toe sleeves are to generate space around the toes when you bake the skates. Without it supposedly balancing is more difficult and the skates can feel a little cramped. The toe sleeves and all other pieces that are used to bake konekt will be shipped with the skates to retailers. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 11:41 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

You guys get gloves?

On 7/22/2022 at 12:26 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Did you guys trade your balls in for them? We don’t use those things

On 7/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

We got all our stuff for the Konekt skates - gloves, shims, toe sleeves, cold packs. I broke one of the handles on the drawer for the display.

Sold a pair today though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

We got all our stuff for the Konekt skates - gloves, shims, toe sleeves, cold packs. I broke one of the handles on the drawer for the display.

Sold a pair today though!

Didn’t think we were supposed to sell them just yet. That said two employees, myself and one other already bought them and I’ve gotten a few skates in with them. 

I have a question - I tried on 8s today and they are snug on my toes, a little cramped.  When I took the liner out of the boot, I fit perfectly into the liner, toe touching and no cramping.

In a normal bauer skate I am like an 8.75.  8.5 brand new without baking feels a little small and 9 feels roomy.  I wear a 9 in True but their sizing is different and there are spacers in the the toe box.

Should I feel confident to get the 8 and bake it?  Will the shell stretch out enough?  The toe sleeve makes a lot of sense to wear and it sounds like I absolutely have to do that if I get an 8.

I don't really want to go up to a 9 unless I have to, I prefer being on smaller steel.

2 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

I have a question - I tried on 8s today and they are snug on my toes, a little cramped.  When I took the liner out of the boot, I fit perfectly into the liner, toe touching and no cramping.

In a normal bauer skate I am like an 8.75.  8.5 brand new without baking feels a little small and 9 feels roomy.  I wear a 9 in True but their sizing is different and there are spacers in the the toe box.

Should I feel confident to get the 8 and bake it?  Will the shell stretch out enough?  The toe sleeve makes a lot of sense to wear and it sounds like I absolutely have to do that if I get an 8.

I don't really want to go up to a 9 unless I have to, I prefer being on smaller steel.

I have the 8’s.  Box and shell sizing says 8-8.5 so I’m guessing you’ll have no problem once baked. 

14 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Not sure how that's different than any other top end skate...

The difference is if you have anything wider than a c width foot its near impossible to try them on. Most new skates feel pretty comfy without baking but the konekts are not.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:49 AM, Subsicto said:

Bauer sends a kit, I believe each box will have the toe sleeves and all the pads for punch out assistance.