Most influential goalie in Bauer

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

This got me to do some digging and I wanted to see how the average distribution of Gear among the pros stacks up with guys in the Top and bottom 10 of GSAA. 

Currently the breakdown among pads is more or less identical to gloves, so most guys use complete sets. Saying that the distribution looks like this:

Capture3.thumb.JPG.1dbceb4b2fd47d426845e62f609a8913.JPG

The only thing that stuck out to me was just how far CCM dropped. So much that they're below Brians now. A brand I always considered as "the unique" brand to be wearing in the NHL. 

Looking at the top 10 GSSA we have:

True 30% : 
Hellebuyck
Georgiev
Husso

Bauer 40% : 
Ullmark
Sorokin
Thompson
Oettinger

Brians 20% :
Hart
Shesterkin

CCM 10% :
Skinner

Vaughn 0%:
N/A

Bauer and True somewhat trade places, where CCM is over represented and Vaughn just flat out disappears. 

Now, looking at the bottom 10 GSAA, we have:

True 30% 
Gibson
Bobrovsky
Comrie

Bauer 10% : 
Merzlikins

Brians 0%:
N/A

CCM 20%:
Demko
Markstrom

Vaughn 40% :
Campbell
Nedeljkovic
Peterson (Kaleta on this list lol)
Quick

True's percentage stays the same, Bauer drops off drastically, and Vaughn comes roaring in to take the crown.

Keep in mind this breakdown means absolutely fuck all, but, it still is interesting to see how they compare to the average distribution league wide. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.65299adb78a10ee264931bf339983fad.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.29fd3993a5a5e315719cf6ba5ce485cf.JPG 

What I’m hearing is because I wear bauer I’m better😉

On 11/21/2022 at 3:47 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

This got me to do some digging and I wanted to see how the average distribution of Gear among the pros stacks up with guys in the Top and bottom 10 of GSAA. 

Currently the breakdown among pads is more or less identical to gloves, so most guys use complete sets. Saying that the distribution looks like this:

Capture3.thumb.JPG.1dbceb4b2fd47d426845e62f609a8913.JPG

The only thing that stuck out to me was just how far CCM dropped. So much that they're below Brians now. A brand I always considered as "the unique" brand to be wearing in the NHL. 

Looking at the top 10 GSSA we have:

True 30% : 
Hellebuyck
Georgiev
Husso

Bauer 40% : 
Ullmark
Sorokin
Thompson
Oettinger

Brians 20% :
Hart
Shesterkin

CCM 10% :
Skinner

Vaughn 0%:
N/A

Bauer and True somewhat trade places, where CCM is over represented and Vaughn just flat out disappears. 

Now, looking at the bottom 10 GSAA, we have:

True 30% 
Gibson
Bobrovsky
Comrie

Bauer 10% : 
Merzlikins

Brians 0%:
N/A

CCM 20%:
Demko
Markstrom

Vaughn 40% :
Campbell
Nedeljkovic
Peterson (Kaleta on this list lol)
Quick

True's percentage stays the same, Bauer drops off drastically, and Vaughn comes roaring in to take the crown.

Keep in mind this breakdown means absolutely fuck all, but, it still is interesting to see how they compare to the average distribution league wide. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.65299adb78a10ee264931bf339983fad.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.29fd3993a5a5e315719cf6ba5ce485cf.JPG 

you are definitely a stats professor in real life

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:47 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Clearly my findings show that if you wear Brian's, you'll be a good goalie.

And if you wear Vaughn, yoyre a scrub. 

Right @SaveByRichter35and @seagoal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but GSAA was developed to isolate the athlete's performance from the rest of his team?  If that's the case we can designate GSAA as solely a performance metric, then I'm comfortable making this statement:

Bauer has the highest representation amongst the current best performers in the league (40% in the top 10) and Vaughn has the highest amongst the worst performers (40% amongst the bottom 10)

If we wanted to check "best stable" of goalies, would we look at Vezina representation?

2022: Shesterkin (Brians); runners up: Saros (True), Markstrom (CCM)
2021: Fleury (True); runners up: Grubauer (True), Vasilevskiy (Bauer)
2020: Helleybuyck (True); runners up: Rask (Vaughn), Vasilevskiy (Bauer)
Can't go back any further as the Lefevre/CCM split hit in December 2019 - IIRC some guys switched to the unbranded Lefevre pads during the play-in rounds in the playoff bubble zone.

Total nominations:
True (4)
Bauer (2)
Brians (1)
CCM (1)
Vaughn (1)

Total wins:
True (2)
Brians (1)

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but GSAA was developed to isolate the athlete's performance from the rest of his team?  If that's the case we can designate GSAA as solely a performance metric, then I'm comfortable making this statement:

Bauer has the highest representation amongst the current best performers in the league (40% in the top 10) and Vaughn has the highest amongst the worst performers (40% amongst the bottom 10)

If we wanted to check "best stable" of goalies, would we look at Vezina representation?

2022: Shesterkin (Brians); runners up: Saros (True), Markstrom (CCM)
2021: Fleury (True); runners up: Grubauer (True), Vasilevskiy (Bauer)
2020: Helleybuyck (True); runners up: Rask (Vaughn), Vasilevskiy (Bauer)
Can't go back any further as the Lefevre/CCM split hit in December 2019 - IIRC some guys switched to the unbranded Lefevre pads during the play-in rounds in the playoff bubble zone.

Total nominations:
True (4)
Bauer (2)
Brians (1)
CCM (1)
Vaughn (1)

Total wins:
True (2)
Brians (1)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Yea, GSAA was created due to the typical goalie stats being heavily reliant on the team ahead of them. 

I like the selection of Vezina nods. Though those are generally selected based of wins then sv%. So there's some issues that going the GSAA route should help alleviate. 

Back in the day, shops would have posters of big brands with their main guy wearing their most recent lineup. That is how brands would influence us. Nowadays, most shops have old posters or images screened on their windows that they put up most likely when they opened the business. 

Magazines have taken the way side. Other than the virtual InGoal Magazine, I don't see where else main brands are most marketed. I can't remember if there was ever any tv ads for goalie gear.

The only way to see what is out there is either you visit a shop, or partake is bulletin boards like this one, or know someone in the industry, or catch a glimpse of stuff during games and highlights, and we all know that what you see in the show can often be misleading as some guys get their old stuff copied and reskinned with the latest graphics.

In the end, no one really has hard influence on the consumer anymore. Vasi is wearing what we guess is a Hyperlite reskinned with the old Vapor look of the 90s. I believe that what they get and we get in stores are two different worlds entirely.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RichMan said:

Back in the day, shops would have posters of big brands with their main guy wearing their most recent lineup. That is how brands would influence us. Nowadays, most shops have old posters or images screened on their windows that they put up most likely when they opened the business. 

Magazines have taken the way side. Other than the virtual InGoal Magazine, I don't see where else main brands are most marketed. I can't remember if there was ever any tv ads for goalie gear.

The only way to see what is out there is either you visit a shop, or partake is bulletin boards like this one, or know someone in the industry, or catch a glimpse of stuff during games and highlights, and we all know that what you see in the show can often be misleading as some guys get their old stuff copied and reskinned with the latest graphics.

In the end, no one really has hard influence on the consumer anymore. Vasi is wearing what we guess is a Hyperlite reskinned with the old Vapor look of the 90s. I believe that what they get and we get in stores are two different worlds entirely.  

There's been a big shift to social media marketing and away from traditional marketing - Facebook, Instagram, YouTube - videos and written information that are advertising thinly disguised as reviews. Way cheaper to send an influencer a stick, skates or pads instead of going out and shooting a full-on commercial. Let the influencer do the work for you!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

There's been a big shift to social media marketing and away from traditional marketing - Facebook, Instagram, YouTube - videos and written information that are advertising thinly disguised as reviews. Way cheaper to send an influencer a stick, skates or pads instead of going out and shooting a full-on commercial. Let the influencer do the work for you!

For cars - the companies hire guerilla marketing people to whip up pseudo hype for their new item. Using a consultant distances the maker from the supposed people that are excited for the product.

Ford most recently did this with the Bronco. They hired a company to create the official Bronco forum and fill it with all kinds of things about the new Bronco. Supposed spy shots, insider information that they got from "a source". They also make up tons of users.

Jeep did it with the newest Wrangler too when it was coming out in 2018. I literally searched the owner of the site through google and saw that it was a marketing company. When you went to the marketing company site, they had Jeep and Ford as customers. 

I got banned from both sites for pointing that out in a "discussion" about the vehicles on the sites.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, MTH said:

For cars - the companies hire guerilla marketing people to whip up pseudo hype for their new item. Using a consultant distances the maker from the supposed people that are excited for the product.

Ford most recently did this with the Bronco. They hired a company to create the official Bronco forum and fill it with all kinds of things about the new Bronco. Supposed spy shots, insider information that they got from "a source". They also make up tons of users.

Jeep did it with the newest Wrangler too when it was coming out in 2018. I literally searched the owner of the site through google and saw that it was a marketing company. When you went to the marketing company site, they had Jeep and Ford as customers. 

I got banned from both sites for pointing that out in a "discussion" about the vehicles on the sites.

Ooo, a little sneaky sneak 

18 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

Ooo, a little sneaky sneak 

I was reading through the posts and had that 'this can't be real' thought. Other members were calling BS on some stuff too that people just "found online". 

Others didn't want to hear it:

Its Real To Me GIFs | Tenor