Jump to content

Most influential goalie in Bauer


TheGoalNet
 Share

Recommended Posts

Outta curiosity, who do you think the most influential goalie in Bauer is? Give me top 5

 

- Craig Anderson - (Buffalo Sabres)
- Laurent Brossoit - (Vegas Golden Knights)
- Filip Gustavsson - (Minnesota Wild)
- Connor Ingram (Arizona Coyotes)
- Spencer Knight - (Florida Panthers)
- Charlie Lindgren - (Washington Capitals)
- Spencer Martin - (Vancouver Canucks)
- Elvis Merzlikins - (Columbus Blue Jackets)
- Jake Oettinger - (Dallas Stars)
- James Reimer - (San Jose Sharks)
- Ilya Sorokin - (New York Islanders)
- Cam Talbot - (Ottawa Senators)
- Logan Thompson - (Vegas Golden Knights)
- Linus Ullmark - (Boston Bruins)
- Vitek Vanecek - (New Jersey Devils)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - (Tampa Bay Lightning)
- Daniel Vladar - (Calgary Flames)
- Erik Kallgren – (Toronto Maple Leafs) 
- Cayden Primeau – (Montreal Canadiens)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To the buyers? None. 

My kid's rink changed the pro shop to a Bauer shop. They have little goal gear and no images of goalies posted up in the store. They seem to have moved to generic Under Armour style model showing their gear. Heck they seem to have really focused on the casual gear line of clothing more. I know they are with lulumon - but we all get the Bauer holiday catalog and there is limited gear shown in it.

Bauer Hockey: BAUER // lululemon | Milled

 

They also focused nicely on selling the new $350 agent sticks to the kids and tell you kick rocks when they break in a week. Thanks. (warranty gets only one replacement and you have to send it into Bauer now and not do it at the local store where you bought it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

who else?

I think anybody you've listed there would be a pretty distant second. Out of those listed - I'd go with anyone out of the Canadian markets just based on the influence of those markets versus US markets and not necessarily the goalie or their perceived influence.

Edited by chile57
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I think that the choice of a brand of goalkeeper equipment is least influenced by advertising policy and a certain "face of the brand". at least among the adult contingent of buyers who make an informed choice for convenience, performance and other characteristics, and not because Vasilevsky or Price plays in this brand. all of the goalkeepers listed in the topic have their own high rating in the league as well as their fans and it is difficult to single out the most influential of them in terms of brand promotion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Outta curiosity, who do you think the most influential goalie in Bauer is? Give me top 5

 

- Craig Anderson - (Buffalo Sabres)
- Laurent Brossoit - (Vegas Golden Knights)
- Filip Gustavsson - (Minnesota Wild)
- Connor Ingram (Arizona Coyotes)
- Spencer Knight - (Florida Panthers)
- Charlie Lindgren - (Washington Capitals)
- Spencer Martin - (Vancouver Canucks)
- Elvis Merzlikins - (Columbus Blue Jackets)
- Jake Oettinger - (Dallas Stars)
- James Reimer - (San Jose Sharks)
- Ilya Sorokin - (New York Islanders)
- Cam Talbot - (Ottawa Senators)
- Logan Thompson - (Vegas Golden Knights)
- Linus Ullmark - (Boston Bruins)
- Vitek Vanecek - (New Jersey Devils)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - (Tampa Bay Lightning)
- Daniel Vladar - (Calgary Flames)
- Erik Kallgren – (Toronto Maple Leafs) 
- Cayden Primeau – (Montreal Canadiens)

 

Top 5 is tricky. I'd go:

- Vasilevskiy (obvious #1) 
- Merzlikins (solely due to his custom graphics) 
- Oettinger (new hot shot goalie in the game, recency bias helps) 
- Sorokin (dude suffers from the Islanders effect of being third in his market. all white pads don't help either, but him and Shesterkin's Top Goalie duel of NY is marketable). 
- *insert literally anyone else* 

The list you have has a lot of journeymen goalies, or guys that we may adore, but I would call it tough to say they're influential in either a marketing aspect, or a position aspect. 

Talbot, Anderson, and Reimer all fit this definition for me.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Outta curiosity, who do you think the most influential goalie in Bauer is? Give me top 5

 

- Craig Anderson - (Buffalo Sabres)
- Laurent Brossoit - (Vegas Golden Knights)
- Filip Gustavsson - (Minnesota Wild)
- Connor Ingram (Arizona Coyotes)
- Spencer Knight - (Florida Panthers)
- Charlie Lindgren - (Washington Capitals)
- Spencer Martin - (Vancouver Canucks)
- Elvis Merzlikins - (Columbus Blue Jackets)
- Jake Oettinger - (Dallas Stars)
- James Reimer - (San Jose Sharks)
- Ilya Sorokin - (New York Islanders)
- Cam Talbot - (Ottawa Senators)
- Logan Thompson - (Vegas Golden Knights)
- Linus Ullmark - (Boston Bruins)
- Vitek Vanecek - (New Jersey Devils)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - (Tampa Bay Lightning)
- Daniel Vladar - (Calgary Flames)
- Erik Kallgren – (Toronto Maple Leafs) 
- Cayden Primeau – (Montreal Canadiens)

 

Style- Merzlikins on and off the ice. gusty also has some great style as well as Thompson

Play- Vasy is tge essy answer but Sorokin is up there too

longevity- Reimer has been one of the faces of Bauer for ages

 

Oh and this A.Youngoalie guy and @ThatCarGuy both wear bauer too if anyone was curious😁😁😁

 

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Top 5 is tricky. I'd go:

- Vasilevskiy (obvious #1) 
- Merzlikins (solely due to his custom graphics) 
- Oettinger (new hot shot goalie in the game, recency bias helps) 
- Sorokin (dude suffers from the Islanders effect of being third in his market. all white pads don't help either, but him and Shesterkin's Top Goalie duel of NY is marketable). 
- *insert literally anyone else* 

The list you have has a lot of journeymen goalies, or guys that we may adore, but I would call it tough to say they're influential in either a marketing aspect, or a position aspect. 

Talbot, Anderson, and Reimer all fit this definition for me.  

Holy shit! We agree on something...

I would have Ullmark as a clear 5th though. His posts always seem popular on Instagram, he plays in a major US market, he's European, and he usually has very unique custom pads. Other than like winning a Vezina, there are not many boxes he does not check.

Also surprised no one else mentioned Sorokin, tons of interest in him on IG.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So based on GearGeek,

Bauer accounts for the following %s in the league:

Pads: 25.32%
Blocker: 25.32%
Glove: 24.05%
Which weirdo(s) out there isn't (aren't) using a complete kit?

Stick: 43.04%
Mask: 56.96%

When we talk about "influential" from a gear perspective, I think star power/marketability of the athlete to bridge the gap to retail.
I also believe there is going to be some bias for North American goalies because that's the market we live in

  1. Vasi is top dawg, no doubt.  Has the pedigree and is just a genetic freak
  2. Oettinger out of recent memory because of that monster playoff series last year
  3. Knight could be a really good starter in 1-3 years, he had some really great games last year in the playoffs
  4. Anderson, still pumping along in the NHL at 41 years old
  5. Everyone else is kind of a tossup; there's a few backups/1A-1B guys on the list and none of those names really jump out at me
    ex.  I really thought Lindgren was still in Vaughn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Holy shit! We agree on something...

I would have Ullmark as a clear 5th though. His posts always seem popular on Instagram, he plays in a major US market, he's European, and he usually has very unique custom pads. Other than like winning a Vezina, there are not many boxes he does not check.

Also surprised no one else mentioned Sorokin, tons of interest in him on IG.

lol, I think the only disagreement we've ever had is where the hell my jacket is. 

And good point on Ullmark. I forgot that he's taken over the reigns from Swayman. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chenner29 said:

So based on GearGeek,

Bauer accounts for the following %s in the league:

Pads: 25.32%
Blocker: 25.32%
Glove: 24.05%
Which weirdo(s) out there isn't (aren't) using a complete kit?


Pretty sure Fillip Gustavsson is responsible for that dip in Glove percentage usage. 

Dude had a wicked Reverse Retro setup, which was lessened due to his use of a True glove. 

AP22322068959961-1024x683.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume it will be Oettinger and Knight going forward as I think Bauer want to market to the US crowd and their buying power. I would like to see actual data about poster boys and sales. I don’t know if you’ll see someone move the needle as Price did with gear and spec changes and overall style again. 

 

I do wonder about Bauer and the use of custom graphics vs retail. It’s my uneducated assumption that Bauer pressures the poster boys to stay in the stock graphics, so they are easily recognizeable. I’ll use Kallgren as a small sample size. Toronto is still a dominate hockey market, and you want the Maple Leafs guys in your graphic. When Kallgren played with the Marlies he had his custom TotalOne graphic, when he got called up last year all of sudden he was in new stock Mach graphic gear. The same thing happened this year when he was in camp and started the season with the Marlies he had a custom graphic on his Mach gear. When he gets recalled again he’s all of sudden back in his stock Mach graphic. 

434CE86B-CFBE-46EB-8F50-9E92504156B3.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Would love to see a smaller guy like Saros, grubauer, or desmith switch over to bauer. Seems like all the bauer guys right now are massive. 

Goober could use digi-print to put Gru in front of the bauer logos.  Just had to add that :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Andersen was the face of Bauer early on I believe. I remember the commercials. 

Correct, he switched in Ana and Bauer got a Christmas present when Lou traded for him in TO

up and coming goalie, hot new product, and hockey's biggest market was finally good again

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

To go a different way, who has the best stable of NHL goalies...

True

Bauer

Brian's

CCM

Vaughn

 

This got me to do some digging and I wanted to see how the average distribution of Gear among the pros stacks up with guys in the Top and bottom 10 of GSAA. 

Currently the breakdown among pads is more or less identical to gloves, so most guys use complete sets. Saying that the distribution looks like this:

Capture3.thumb.JPG.1dbceb4b2fd47d426845e62f609a8913.JPG

 

The only thing that stuck out to me was just how far CCM dropped. So much that they're below Brians now. A brand I always considered as "the unique" brand to be wearing in the NHL. 

Looking at the top 10 GSSA we have:

True 30% : 
Hellebuyck
Georgiev
Husso

Bauer 40% : 
Ullmark
Sorokin
Thompson
Oettinger

Brians 20% :
Hart
Shesterkin

CCM 10% :
Skinner

Vaughn 0%:
N/A

Bauer and True somewhat trade places, where CCM is over represented and Vaughn just flat out disappears. 

Now, looking at the bottom 10 GSAA, we have:

True 30% 
Gibson
Bobrovsky
Comrie

Bauer 10% : 
Merzlikins

Brians 0%:
N/A

CCM 20%:
Demko
Markstrom

Vaughn 40% :
Campbell
Nedeljkovic
Peterson (Kaleta on this list lol)
Quick

 

True's percentage stays the same, Bauer drops off drastically, and Vaughn comes roaring in to take the crown.

Keep in mind this breakdown means absolutely fuck all, but, it still is interesting to see how they compare to the average distribution league wide. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.65299adb78a10ee264931bf339983fad.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.29fd3993a5a5e315719cf6ba5ce485cf.JPG 
 


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...