-Remove knee grip

Hyperlite 2 Glove

-Pro palm

-Single tee

-Waxed skate lace

Mach blocker

-Stock

Nice. No vapor 90?

I put in my order order in the other day. 

- Vapor 90, game ready palm, double tee reinforced, Mach grip

- 2 piece vapor blocker, thumb pillow

I skinned them to match the stock Mach since thats what I’m currently rocking and I like to match. Also gives me the option to mix and match my gloves in case I end up preferring either of the stock Mach gloves. 

332C2957-CE31-48FC-9055-FC814B004F84.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 12:39 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Should have my order placed tomorrow

FECB5E0B-2614-476E-95FE-2A80A6E0FF92.thumb.jpeg.90ae8cc9391576b3fc0af416a043f651.jpeg
Opted once again to stick with neutral since I don’t know where I’m landing and junior leagues are a mess right now

i'm curious what size did you use in bauer ? medium or large ? 

Could someone help me with the catch gloves because I'm a idiot

Bauer Machs are 600, Hyp2rlite is the 590, and the Vapor 90 is the 580? Or am I still an idiot? Thinking about getting a custom catcher reskinned as my Machs but just want to validate the break angles (all I know are CCM numbers lol)

Edited by WizYuan

34 minutes ago, WizYuan said:

Could someone help me with the catch gloves because I'm a idiot

Bauer Machs are 600, Hyp2rlite is the 590, and the Vapor 90 is the 580? Or am I still an idiot? Thinking about getting a custom catcher reskinned as my Machs but just want to validate the break angles (all I know are CCM numbers lol)

Mach is a big 590 meant for fingers up goalies, hy2rlite is a 590 meant for fingers out goalies, and vapor 90 is a 580

Does anyone know if the Hyperlite 2 pads will have the “Balance Plate” or calf pillow that Hyperlite 1 has? 

There seem to be some slight differences in terms of specs compared to Hyperlite 1 like the change of toe bridge alignment going from offset to centered being the stock option. Any other notable changes?

5 hours ago, Manny said:

Does anyone know if the Hyperlite 2 pads will have the “Balance Plate” or calf pillow that Hyperlite 1 has? 

There seem to be some slight differences in terms of specs compared to Hyperlite 1 like the change of toe bridge alignment going from offset to centered being the stock option. Any other notable changes?

I would just read through the thread from the beginning and you’ll find your answers.

15 hours ago, Manny said:

I suspect (for off the shelf retail) it will be very similar to Mach, but less stiff because of less calf brackets. Haven't seen anything yet, but that's my guess.

Going custom should get you the IIHF/NHL legal calf plate - should be very similar to what we've seen on custom Mach pads.

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I suspect (for off the shelf retail) it will be very similar to Mach, but less stiff because of less calf brackets. Haven't seen anything yet, but that's my guess.

Going custom should get you the IIHF/NHL legal calf plate - should be very similar to what we've seen on custom Mach pads.

Pretty sure it’s the same between retail and custom this time around since it’s not a weird shape like Mach. Calf plate didn’t feel any less stiff but it might break in under use

8 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Pretty sure it’s the same between retail and custom this time around since it’s not a weird shape like Mach. Calf plate didn’t feel any less stiff but it might break in under use

You're right that it seems a little flatter, but it still seems a little different. I defer to you since you've seen it.

Top to bottom:
1. HL2 calf picture from the catalog. It seems like the crease in the calf doesn't run completely top to bottom so it does seem like the calf-plate has a little bit of the retail Mach shape.
2. Retail mach calf.
3. (Custom) Ultrasonic calf and custom Mach calf.HL2Calf.png.e4457bc6cd58d1f608a7f0f761728d4b.png20220509_161722.thumb.jpg.7e3c30cc4c5d6a8f9e6b9f08eddd6d5f.jpg20220620_094127.thumb.jpg.5bd05b698d62437d9afe9d7751451e2e.jpg

• Like 1

I'm a new goalie that was looking at the GSX line due to its price point, but noticed it's out of stock most places. I found this thread when I realized 2023 updates were coming and googled it. Apologies if this is obvious, but how can I buy the new GSX '23 line? Do I just need to wait for it to come in stock online?

7 minutes ago, CelestialBurden said:

I'm a new goalie that was looking at the GSX line due to its price point, but noticed it's out of stock most places. I found this thread when I realized 2023 updates were coming and googled it. Apologies if this is obvious, but how can I buy the new GSX '23 line? Do I just need to wait for it to come in stock online?

Correct - just wait. New stuff is coming in the next couple months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Correct - just wait. New stuff is coming in the next couple months.

Thanks!

If you had to pick between Warrior GT2 Classic leg pads and the new GSX, is one clearly better than the other? Again, I'm totally inexperienced here and won't be able to try before buy, but the Warriors are on clearance and probably a similar price as a result.

12 minutes ago, CelestialBurden said:

Thanks!

If you had to pick between Warrior GT2 Classic leg pads and the new GSX, is one clearly better than the other? Again, I'm totally inexperienced here and won't be able to try before buy, but the Warriors are on clearance and probably a similar price as a result.

There's three tiers of Senior leg pads:

- Pro
- Senior
- Entry. 

The GSX pads are going to be Bauer's entry level pads. Where as the GT2 will either be Senior or Pro. So you're automatically going to have an upgrade going with the Warrior's over the GSX's. 

That said, I know one user here has been using the GSX's for a while now and has had a positive opinion of them. He even came from Warrior G3's. @Kayen

I'd try both on to see what you like better, but from just an immediate opinion between the two, the GT2's will be a "better" pad. 

Note: The Senior GT2's (not pro) are very similar to the Pro versions of the GT1's. So the GT2's can be a wicked value for someone getting back into it without much compromise. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CelestialBurden said:

Thanks!

Everything @coopaloop1234said is great advice.

IMO, it depends on how you define "better".

The new GSX isn't out yet so we don't know how good it is, but on paper, it seems like it's going to be an excellent pad especially at the Entry level price point. It's got a Stabiliflex knee which is a bracket built into the pad face and knee cradle to help make pad rotation effortless. It's got CORTech on the calf for better sliding. I believe both of these features were previously only available at SR-level price points and above ($899+ USD). Personally, I've become a big fan of these features and like that Bauer is making it more available.

The GT2 is a bit older (3-4 years?) and fundamentally, it's a pretty different pad compared to the upcoming GSX. The Warrior GT family is fairly soft and is of traditional construction - so no knee bracket, and jenpro instead of CORTech.

If you're interested in the GSX and you've got a local store, check out the 3X and M5 Pro pads. The 3X in particular is going to be pretty close to GSX, from what I understand.

If this was old GSX vs GT2, I'd probably have gone with GT2. But with these new features, I'd go GSX over GT2

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CelestialBurden said:

Thanks to you both! Super helpful. Looks like the GT2 are probably not the right size anyway, so I'll likely wait for the GSX, and probably get the whole line (chest, blocker, glove).

I'd recommend maybe going up a price point on the gloves.

Leg pads are pretty easy to get away with a lower tier product as they're all protective, but gloves will showcase why they're at a lower price point for a reason very quickly due to their lack of protection. 

• Like 1