Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'd recommend maybe going up a price point on the gloves.

Leg pads are pretty easy to get away with a lower tier product as they're all protective, but gloves will showcase why they're at a lower price point for a reason very quickly due to their lack of protection. 

Thanks for the advice. I didn't mention that this is going to be for roller hockey with a ball, though, so I'm not overly concerned with glove padding. Unless you think that's a mistake...

7 minutes ago, CelestialBurden said:

Thanks for the advice. I didn't mention that this is going to be for roller hockey with a ball, though, so I'm not overly concerned with glove padding. Unless you think that's a mistake...

That definitely changes things. Ball hockey won't be very rough on your pads/gloves from impacts. 

Though, if you're planning on only doing roller ball hockey, Passeau does a customized set solely for ball hockey: https://passauhockey.com/en/boutique/dek-hockey/ensemble-complet-de-dek-hockey-blanc-en-stock/

Okay, i've been summoned so I'll chime in here. 

I'll start with my GSX review - lots of nylon used throughout the pad - almost everything aside from the sliding surface and the face of the pad, it's all nylon. Pro: generally lighter weight, better rotation in the leg channel. Con: Not as nice feeling as fancier materials such as nash. Definitely less durable. The knee block is surprisingly stiff for just being laced in. The material itself in the block isn't high grade and will likely wear down in due time from repeated impacts. This pad slides nicer than the G3's did for me - and the G3's to GT2's don't have any huge step up in sliding IIRC. 

@ZeroGravitas is right - the additions of Stabiliflex + CORTech to the calf is HUGE at this price point. I'm willing to say if you value overall performance over durability / overall life of the pad then absolutely the GSX2 will be the winner. 

For overall feel, I would veer away from the gloves. Did not impress me. I'm biased though - Warrior c/a since 2014, G3 gloves since 2017. Protective, replaceable liners are amazing at keeping them feeling "new" time after time. 

On 4/11/2023 at 12:34 PM, CelestialBurden said:

If playing roller hockey with a ball... I'm not sure Stabiliflex or CORTech/sliding will actually be that beneficial for you. Pad rotation probably isn't quite as important with a ball versus a puck - never played roller with a ball so I don't know how big the ball is. The Warriors are likely a lighter weight than the GSX and that might be a consideration with roller - it gets hot on the rink!

But if you play ice or want to make the transition to ice, the new GSX might serve you will for both.

15 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

If playing roller hockey with a ball... I'm not sure Stabiliflex or CORTech/sliding will actually be that beneficial for you. Pad rotation probably isn't quite as important with a ball versus a puck - never played roller with a ball so I don't know how big the ball is. The Warriors are likely a lighter weight than the GSX and that might be a consideration with roller - it gets hot on the rink!

But if you play ice or want to make the transition to ice, the new GSX might serve you will for both.

You guys sell these balls at the shop

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's probably a good thing. The hyperlite can have some weird rebounds off of it's current sternum protection. 

This will be worse. It’s not flat so it’ll be even less consistent. Think of the GT and G2 sternum piece it’s like those. 

28 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

GT sternum was great for absorbing pucks. 

Guess we’ll have to see how it turns out then. I struggled with chest rebounds on G2, GT, G4, and Hyperlite. Had no issues on Shield 2 or X3 Pro+ though. I don’t understand the purpose of the new sternum and floater style on Hyperlite 2. Feels like change just for the sake of change with no actual performance advantage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

New sticks! The elite is like a gsx but based off vapor instead of supreme

image.jpg

Do they make Elite sticks in full right? It grinds my gears when I go on Pure Hockey and Goalie Monkey, but I can't find a stick in full right that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

1 hour ago, ilyazhito said:

Do they make Elite sticks in full right? It grinds my gears when I go on Pure Hockey and Goalie Monkey, but I can't find a stick in full right that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 

Welcome to my world buddy. The store I work at never really brings anything full right in. Goalie monkey will be your best bet in a few months when these are officially released.

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Welcome to my world buddy. The store I work at never really brings anything full right in. Goalie monkey will be your best bet in a few months when these are officially released.

Maybe when we get them I’ll put them out on the shelves maybe I won’t who knows

Warrior glove has finally arrived, completing my set:

May be an image of 3 people and people playing hockey

No description available.

Of course, in the time it took the Warrior glove to arrive (ordered end of Jan, arrived April 20) Bauer announced that they will now make catchers with a 90 degree break so I have some decisions to make 😅

• Like 1

I just got my set of custom 3X about two months ago.  I don’t regret it - love the pads and blocker and am close to telling the glove “I love you, too”.  I am a little jealous of the fact you can put silver in any of the zones on the X5, though!  I loved Logan Thompson’s all silver set up from last(?) year.  

On a separate note - has anyone heard price point rumors on the performance line Konekt?