Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I will 100%. I actually talked to 2 different guys and my phone cut out so I had to call again. Guy 1 said it depends on the design. Guy 2 said $100. I'm wondering if $100 is a base price and maybe $500 is a max? If it does vary I assume a design they have already done would be cheaper since they already have the file.

Did you call Bauer directly? Or a store?

My store's inventory system has the cost of a Digiprint complete set at $3,419, a Pro Custom set at $3,089 and a regular Custom set at $2,964. All prices USD.

AFAIK, price on Digiprint does not differ by design; it's flat fee. But I'm never done a Digiprint set for a customer so I could be wrong.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Did you call Bauer directly? Or a store?

My store's inventory system has the cost of a Digiprint complete set at $3,419, a Pro Custom set at $3,089 and a regular Custom set at $2,964. All prices USD.

AFAIK, price on Digiprint does not differ by design; it's flat fee. But I'm never done a Digiprint set for a customer so I could be wrong.

I talked to my store’s manager. He said $500. He thinks the rep was talking some other sort of upcharge for special colors or something that really isn’t available to the public.

11 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I also asked about the 90 degree glove. I asked if it was the clone Reimer has been wearing and the guy freaked out as if he couldn't believe people knew the thing existed. He said he couldn't comment on any clone of a competitor's product or any details of what pros wear. I did get him to admit that this new glove is NOT the same as Reimer's and that this glove is intended as a direct rival to the CCM/True 580.

So as it turns out, I have Reimer's Vapor 2x-dressed-as-hyperlite gloves from his days in Carolina. They were sold by the Sharks after he joined the team.  I didn't know they were unique or special at the time, but knew immediately when I put them on they were perfect for me and didn't fit like anything else and thus I'm now a "580 guy". I'm happy to answer any questions about them.  The trapper definitely has a unique cuff attached with elastic so it's crazy-loose for zero restriction wrist movement. It was also broken-in to perfection. It closes like a 5-year old baseball mitt. In fact, a five-year old could open and close it. 

I just got a set of True 12.2 pads in white/royal and needed to find a matching set of gloves and ended up ordering a set of custom domestic PX3's two days before the Hyperlite 2 customizer went up so I was thrilled/bummed to see the Vapor90 glove now available.  I'm pretty sure  would have ordered the bauer gloves if I had known in time.  I've only tried on the CCM version of a 580 break (a guy at Goalie Monkey brought his own glove into the store to let me try it on) I but I've never put on a True 580 glove so I am really curious how it compares (I'll know in about 6-8 weeks when mine arrives). Meantime, I'm left wondering if the Vapor 90 will feel the same as the Reimer glove I'm using now.  The most noticeable difference between the CCM/True gloves that I've tried on so far is the much heavier weight at the fingertips compared to the Reimer.  The weight (or lack thereof) of the Reimer glove is just super well balanced.

IMG_2608.thumb.jpeg.9c4f32bbf31270aea54021fa4e714c90.jpegIMG_3191.thumb.jpeg.7d18bb63ef61ebdc929a212872395b38.jpegIMG_3192.thumb.jpeg.6dc87faaaa5ccae11bc4bba528c4478e.jpegIMG_3190.thumb.jpeg.8d545344f8b16981808d73403b6db28f.jpegIMG_3193.thumb.jpeg.d21e19134dd5d3a62081ca81e34e8c99.jpegIMG_3188.thumb.jpeg.cea30704332ea6c954f7a2dfa56e0026.jpegHere are some photos:

IMG_3194.jpeg

IMG_3195.jpeg

IMG_3196.jpeg

• Like 1

Forgot to include some photos of the Reimer blocker. Nothing special here but I love the loose-fit glove and Nash palm. I folded the cuff underneath itself to double the thickness and prevent my stick knob from catching when I poke check--not something Reimer does.

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3201.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

7 hours ago, Rogie said:

Forgot to include some photos of the Reimer blocker. Nothing special here but I love the loose-fit glove and Nash palm. I folded the cuff underneath itself to double the thickness and prevent my stick knob from catching when I poke check--not something Reimer does.

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3201.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

Thing is according to bauer the new 90 is not the same as the Reimer one you have. They could be lying but I don’t see why they would bother

57 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Thing is according to bauer the new 90 is not the same as the Reimer one you have. They could be lying but I don’t see why they would bother

Yes and no. The break of the glove will be the same as the Reimer but the specs will be different. The new 580 Break will come with a different backhand and fit.

Reimer’s is a 580 break glove with old Supreme cuff and internal fit. Bauer has had a 580 break for years, they’ve only recently started updating it. I have a Khudobin (Alt) 590 clone from the 1S days. It’s identical in construction except the catch angle.

To compare my current 580 to Reimer’s.

Mine- Updated Hyperlite Cuff, internal glove, and Hyperlite backhand/finger protection.

Reimer’s- Traditional Supreme cuff, pro-only internal glove, traditional finger protection.

11 hours ago, Rogie said:

So as it turns out, I have Reimer's Vapor 2x-dressed-as-hyperlite gloves from his days in Carolina. They were sold by the Sharks after he joined the team.  I didn't know they were unique or special at the time, but knew immediately when I put them on they were perfect for me and didn't fit like anything else and thus I'm now a "580 guy". I'm happy to answer any questions about them.  The trapper definitely has a unique cuff attached with elastic so it's crazy-loose for zero restriction wrist movement. It was also broken-in to perfection. It closes like a 5-year old baseball mitt. In fact, a five-year old could open and close it. 

I just got a set of True 12.2 pads in white/royal and needed to find a matching set of gloves and ended up ordering a set of custom domestic PX3's two days before the Hyperlite 2 customizer went up so I was thrilled/bummed to see the Vapor90 glove now available.  I'm pretty sure  would have ordered the bauer gloves if I had known in time.  I've only tried on the CCM version of a 580 break (a guy at Goalie Monkey brought his own glove into the store to let me try it on) I but I've never put on a True 580 glove so I am really curious how it compares (I'll know in about 6-8 weeks when mine arrives). Meantime, I'm left wondering if the Vapor 90 will feel the same as the Reimer glove I'm using now.  The most noticeable difference between the CCM/True gloves that I've tried on so far is the much heavier weight at the fingertips compared to the Reimer.  The weight (or lack thereof) of the Reimer glove is just super well balanced.

Small world. Thanks for bringing your glove in, my co-workers and I were psyched to try it on. I keep that CCM 580 for customers to try on if they're going custom CCM/True since we don't carry any 580s on the racks. I've converted a couple people already away from 590/600 already. It's probably even more valuable of a sales tool now that Bauer is offering it.

After your visit, I spoke to someone with Bauer about 580s. I was sworn to secrecy (but since they are releasing the Vapor 90), I think I can say that Bauer had been talking about bringing the 580 to retail for a while. From my discussions, it sounded like it wasn't going to be coming out for 2023, but maybe the representative I was speaking to didn't want to tell me, or the decision hadn't been made yet. This was back in December 2022. I was just as surprised as anyone when I saw Vapor 90 was a custom option.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Small world. Thanks for bringing your glove in, my co-workers and I were psyched to try it on. I keep that CCM 580 for customers to try on if they're going custom CCM/True since we don't carry any 580s on the racks. I've converted a couple people already away from 590/600 already. It's probably even more valuable of a sales tool now that Bauer is offering it.

After your visit, I spoke to someone with Bauer about 580s. I was sworn to secrecy (but since they are releasing the Vapor 90), I think I can say that Bauer had been talking about bringing the 580 to retail for a while. From my discussions, it sounded like it wasn't going to be coming out for 2023, but maybe the representative I was speaking to didn't want to tell me, or the decision hadn't been made yet. This was back in December 2022. I was just as surprised as anyone when I saw Vapor 90 was a custom option.

I asked Bauer every year about it. They seemed pretty opposed to the idea as recently as last spring, shocked to see it... dying to try it

22 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Small world. Thanks for bringing your glove in, my co-workers and I were psyched to try it on. I keep that CCM 580 for customers to try on if they're going custom CCM/True since we don't carry any 580s on the racks.

Hey Hey! Thanks for bringing it in and helping me out so much in my search for the perfect setup. You went above and beyond and I wouldn't have had the confidence to place my order without that quick try-on.

I picked up a Canadian made True 12.2 580 someone was selling since they had just got a PX3 set. It's a fantastic glove, so much better than my overseas CCM 580. However, every time I wear it I can't help but think how uncomfortable it is compared to my Mach glove. So I'm definitely placing an order for a Vapor 90. 580 break with Bauer internals is what I imagine my perfect glove would be. The more things I've seen about it, the more excited I am to try one.

47 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

On the leg pads, it's a mish-mash of Vapor and Supreme. Ultrasonic flex, Stabilislide knee, Supreme toe bridge.

Vapor 90 catcher, single tee, Ultrasonic nash.

Stock HL2 blocker.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the stabili-slide vs the flex option? Also, with the supreme toe bridge, I assume you wouldn't want to choose the offset sewing, correct?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which thigh flex option I should go with. I'm fairly flexible and have a wide butterfly, but how stiff is TOO stiff?

Also, do you know if there is any significant difference (weight, stiffness) in the different palm material options? Why did you choose nash vs catch-grip?

I was planning on getting a PX3 set, but after finding out that Bauer is offering the Vapor 90 option, I am considering going with them instead.

1 minute ago, boon said:

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the stabili-slide vs the flex option? Also, with the supreme toe bridge, I assume you wouldn't want to choose the offset sewing, correct?

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which thigh flex option I should go with. I'm fairly flexible and have a wide butterfly, but how stiff is TOO stiff?

Also, do you know if there is any significant difference (weight, stiffness) in the different palm material options? Why did you choose nash vs catch-grip?

I was planning on getting a PX3 set, but after finding out that Bauer is offering the Vapor 90 option, I am considering going with them instead.

Having used HL and US and Mach, I prefer the feel of -Slide over -Flex. I want the Supreme bridge because I can easily swap between centered and offset if I want.

Mach flex was too stiff for me. I like my Ultrasonics way more so I'm going with US stiffness. I'd go to a store and check out the gear if you can. If I recall correctly, M5 Pro is a big closer to US than it is to Mach.

You'll notice an increase in stiffness if you go to Pro from Game Ready. Reinforcing the tee will make it feel a little stiffer too and add some weight. Went with US nash because it felt softer/more comfortable than the CatchGrip that comes with the Mach. It probably adds more to weight, though. The CatchGrip used in Mach had little rubberized grooves for your finger to help you grip, lots of people liked that but I'm willing to give it up for the soft nash feel.

• Like 1