Jump to content

2022 - 2023 Cup


Fullright

Recommended Posts

Feel bad for Andersen, there were some really bad defensive breakdowns on the first 3 goals against

Stoked to see Bob continue his run.  Was nerding out with a goalie I work out with how Bob has toned his game down a lot and learned to play off patient edges and getting good reads

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Feel bad for Andersen, there were some really bad defensive breakdowns on the first 3 goals against

Stoked to see Bob continue his run.  Was nerding out with a goalie I work out with how Bob has toned his game down a lot and learned to play off patient edges and getting good reads

Capture.JPG.3953ae3d94f8124cde23f931ab8f1d23.JPG

Each game was lost by a single goal. 

Despite it being a sweep, extremely close series. That has to be frustrating for Carolina. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, netminder said:

Try and see the forest throught the tree's here if you will. I simply stated in the ultra long history of the NHL If your starter isnt of North American decent, your odds are very very low of winning a Cup, thats facts. If you go way way over a salary cap, then your odds of winning a cup are very very high too irregardless of the origin of you goalie. Its history, its facts and the Avs are a victim of not doing enough to keep the roster intact that exclusively included D'arcy but going after the Rangers bench warmer was more important. Hell, that same Georgiev had an outstanding regular season behind an already outstanding roster but the Avs management used analytics to decide how to keep winning like the Leafs do every single season and ignored historical trends so they got to go golfing early this year instead of sniffing any repeat. Ask anyone how the Danish goalie in Carolina ends up doing every playoffs despite a killer roster, or the Finnish all-world goalie did for Boston again?

Here's the list of top playoff save percentages (career) with minimum 15 games played. 

USA: 2
Swiss: 1
Russian: 1
Czech: 1
German: 1
Canada: 3
Finnish: 1

I know you put a huge emphasis on save percentage for determining a goaltender's worth, but out of the top performing goalies in the playoffs, only three guys have won the cup. Well, technically 4 since Rask was on the bench for Thomas' cup. 

Hell, only 4 of these guys have even seen the finals, Rask being the only one to see it multiple times. 

Historically, you're correct about N/A goalies winning it most often, but a lot of those historical stats are heavily skewed due to the first half of the leagues history being essentially all North America players only. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.5f052015bafd84231b476ebdeca88ba6.JPG

Quote

The winner of the Knights/Stars series is this years Cup champ because of the men behind the starting goalie masks and basically because history ALWAYS repeats itself in this NHL.

tumblr_m37weqUyO31rqfhi2o1_500.gif.039622a44377dea0eb86c09b2f733b11.gif

13 hours ago, netminder said:

Why are you such a dick to me??? Are you not supposed to be an unbiased mod???

Grow up and stay on topic next time.

Since when have mods ever not been biased? 

Shit, I just always assumed they were all power hungry cock gobblers. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Here's the list of top playoff save percentages (career) with minimum 15 games played. 

USA: 2
Swiss: 1
Russian: 1
Czech: 1
German: 1
Canada: 3
Finnish: 1

I know you put a huge emphasis on save percentage for determining a goaltender's worth, but out of the top performing goalies in the playoffs, only three guys have won the cup. Well, technically 4 since Rask was on the bench for Thomas' cup. 

Hell, only 4 of these guys have even seen the finals, Rask being the only one to see it multiple times. 

Historically, you're correct about N/A goalies winning it most often, but a lot of those historical stats are heavily skewed due to the first half of the leagues history being essentially all North America players only.

Watching teams draft goalies every year is kind of fun if you're into pattern recognition.  You hear the term 'copycat' thrown around quite often and I think drafting history shows this to be true.
Late 80s to mid 90s: GMs all over Quebec trying to find the next Patrick Roy
Mid 90s to early 00s: GMs all over Czech to find the next Hasek (Roman Cechmanek and Roman Turek should pay royalties to Hasek for their careers)
Early to mid 00s: GMs all over Finland to find the next Kipper
Mid 00s to early 10s: Now it's off to Sweden so we can clone Lundqvist.  What? He's got a twin? Can he play net?
Early 10s: All right boys let's make another Bobrovsky out of Russia
etc.

Looking at Vezina candidates by decade, we can see the 80s and 90s were dominated by North American tendies.  As we move into the 00s and 10s, there are two years punctuated by all-Euro goalie candidates:

12-13: Bob, Lundy, Niemi
21-22: Shesty, Marky, Saros

Until then, the defacto 'best goalies in the world' were North American.  So we're dealing with a smaller sample size.  Similar to how people used to say "Easton sticks break all the time" - well, they had the biggest market share so you're going to see a lot more broken Easton sticks.

IMO Euro goalies only really came into vogue in the NHL after Hasek, then Kipper, then Lundqvist had their runs.

14 hours ago, netminder said:

Why are you such a dick to me??? Are you not supposed to be an unbiased mod???

 

Grow up and stay on topic next time.

I don't know if you're intentionally oblivious or if it's an act you just put out on the internet.  You're right, I should be nicer because I genuinely feel bad for you.

Here you are expecting a REAL PERSON to be unbiased, and in the same thread you are making some clearly skewed* (and arguably xenophobic) remarks about North American tendies being better/more Cup-worthy than everyone else...

*this is a synonym for 'biased'

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Watching teams draft goalies every year is kind of fun if you're into pattern recognition.  You hear the term 'copycat' thrown around quite often and I think drafting history shows this to be true.
Late 80s to mid 90s: GMs all over Quebec trying to find the next Patrick Roy
Mid 90s to early 00s: GMs all over Czech to find the next Hasek (Roman Cechmanek and Roman Turek should pay royalties to Hasek for their careers)
Early to mid 00s: GMs all over Finland to find the next Kipper
Mid 00s to early 10s: Now it's off to Sweden so we can clone Lundqvist.  What? He's got a twin? Can he play net?
Early 10s: All right boys let's make another Bobrovsky out of Russia
etc.

Looking at Vezina candidates by decade, we can see the 80s and 90s were dominated by North American tendies.  As we move into the 00s and 10s, there are two years punctuated by all-Euro goalie candidates:

12-13: Bob, Lundy, Niemi
21-22: Shesty, Marky, Saros

Until then, the defacto 'best goalies in the world' were North American.  So we're dealing with a smaller sample size.  Similar to how people used to say "Easton sticks break all the time" - well, they had the biggest market share so you're going to see a lot more broken Easton sticks.

IMO Euro goalies only really came into vogue in the NHL after Hasek, then Kipper, then Lundqvist had their runs.

I don't know if you're intentionally oblivious or if it's an act you just put out on the internet.  You're right, I should be nicer because I genuinely feel bad for you.

Here you are expecting a REAL PERSON to be unbiased, and in the same thread you are making some clearly skewed* (and arguably xenophobic) remarks about North American tendies being better/more Cup-worthy than everyone else...

*this is a synonym for 'biased'

This is along the same line as how GM's eventually try and build teams after seeing a slight pattern in cup winning teams too. 

Long story short, NHL GM's are unimaginative hacks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Here's the list of top playoff save percentages (career) with minimum 15 games played. 

USA: 2
Swiss: 1
Russian: 1
Czech: 1
German: 1
Canada: 3
Finnish: 1

I know you put a huge emphasis on save percentage for determining a goaltender's worth, but out of the top performing goalies in the playoffs, only three guys have won the cup. Well, technically 4 since Rask was on the bench for Thomas' cup. 

Hell, only 4 of these guys have even seen the finals, Rask being the only one to see it multiple times. 

Historically, you're correct about N/A goalies winning it most often, but a lot of those historical stats are heavily skewed due to the first half of the leagues history being essentially all North America players only. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.5f052015bafd84231b476ebdeca88ba6.JPG

tumblr_m37weqUyO31rqfhi2o1_500.gif.039622a44377dea0eb86c09b2f733b11.gif

Since when have mods ever not been biased? 

Shit, I just always assumed they were all power hungry cock gobblers. 

Anyone else see that uh, full right at 2nd overall?😀😀😀

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I cant believe an argument started by “only north-american goalie can win cup” got this far and kept insisting on it even after proven wrong lol (obviously) then claims it’s harassment when he makes baseless claims like “you don’t know goalies” 🤦‍♀️

You've been around here long enough. This shouldn't be a surprise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, netminder said:

This is harrassment 101 to T.

You  just go off the rails with your comments about me for NO reason and then has nothing to do with the subject matter because you have that power to get away with it time and time again.  Im not really sure why they let 13 year olds like you be mods here, but i'll try to let the owner of this site know Via Insta again that this has happened, and i predicted it would, btw. 

....And now i see another purely random post call me a dick too. DO YOU SEE how cancerous your non-hockey talk spreads? Take a deep breath next time your presious opinion doesnt align with mine, it will do wonders for your maturity.

Yes, I am projecting my GODLY MOD POWERS to sway public opinion against you and it has absolutely nothing to do with you posting baseless hot takes on this board, reporting people for disagreeing with you, complaining about being banned by GoalieGearNerd from his Instagram....I could go on.

But nah, let me dig up some receipts.

image.thumb.png.aa5a6e527aed12fc8cae4234468aa424.png

So yeah, people calling you a dick is my fault.

Come on dude, you can't be this thick-headed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, netminder said:

The irony of you calling me out earlier for cherry picking when i post on this board then you go and "cherry picked" a few older comments of mine in a desperate attempt try and prove a point is typical teenager behavior to be honest. This irony is thick as mollasses now.

The real irony here is that you’ve called me a teenager twice but still clearly have not progressed beyond grade 12 yourself - the most recent example as being the fact you do not understand what “cherry picking” in a logical argument actually is.  I won’t waste my time in suggesting you look it up, as that would require you to have a desire for personal growth.

Word of advice, quit while (you think) you’re ahead, as you’re punching well above your weight class arguing with strangers on the internet. 

You’ve got a long history of being a pedantic prick to people on this board.  Next time you’re even remotely a dick to someone on here, you’re getting permabanned. 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, netminder said:

Where was i proven wrong? Name me any starters from outside of North America thats won a Cup in the past FIFTY straight years when a normal full 82 game season is played..... 3 total?!.  Wow, i was proven wrong..  lmfao

So what? And tell me what evidence backs that up, cause there's no way it's only 3. We've seen north american goaltenders such as Kuemper win a cup when he stole maybe a handful of games for the Avs max. Not hating on Kuemper at all but it's just the facts. He was on a very good team that SHOULD have won the cup, and they did. And Vasy JUST won two straight cups, almost 3. Even still, we've seen that especially recently it doesn't even matter what nationality NHL goaltenders are to win/be successful. Look at the rise in success in european goalies. Championships among those goalies will rise soon enough

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

So what? And tell me what evidence backs that up, cause there's no way it's only 3. We've seen north american goaltenders such as Kuemper win a cup when he stole maybe a handful of games for the Avs max. Not hating on Kuemper at all but it's just the facts. He was on a very good team that SHOULD have won the cup, and they did. And Vasy JUST won two straight cups, almost 3. Even still, we've seen that especially recently it doesn't even matter what nationality NHL goaltenders are to win/be successful. Look at the rise in success in european goalies. Championships among those goalies will rise soon enough

Good examples are Saros and Vejmelka. Two unbelievably good goalies but on awful teams

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

So what? And tell me what evidence backs that up, cause there's no way it's only 3. We've seen north american goaltenders such as Kuemper win a cup when he stole maybe a handful of games for the Avs max. Not hating on Kuemper at all but it's just the facts. He was on a very good team that SHOULD have won the cup, and they did. And Vasy JUST won two straight cups, almost 3. Even still, we've seen that especially recently it doesn't even matter what nationality NHL goaltenders are to win/be successful. Look at the rise in success in european goalies. Championships among those goalies will rise soon enough

Of course he's wrong. There's 4 in the past twenty two years. 

Niemi, Vasilevsky, Khabibulin, and Hasek. 

But he's intentionally putting in nonsense filters that exempt vasi's winning years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Member Statistics

    1,992
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    kmccann1223
    Newest Member
    kmccann1223
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...