2022 - 2023 Cup

Fullright

So, here we go shortly. Who do we like? 

I thought The 'Lanche might have a shot at a repeat but with Landeskog out, I dont see them going all the way. Bruins kinda have to be odds on this early but Dallas and their "Otter" in net can end up causing lots of damage. Should be fun.

The Leafs are getting stronger at the right time, and that's when sitting out a handful of regulars over the past two weeks. 

Now for the sympathy angle, I was in High School when they last won the cup. I can already feel the love ...... Plus my Son has purchased us two tickets to the Stanley Cup parade through downtown TO this summer.

However, my wife is under strict orders (?) to disregard any incoming phone calls from Area Code 416. I will not besmirch my long held reputation as a quality goaltender by signing an Amateur Tryout, only to sit on the bench, chewing wads of free gum, with the very real possibility of shitting my drawers should the starting goalie go down.

Steve Berry Feb 2009 #2.jpg

Steve Berry Feb 2009.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

The Leafs are getting stronger at the right time, and that's when sitting out a handful of regulars over the past two weeks. 

Now for the sympathy angle, I was in High School when they last won the cup. I can already feel the love ...... Plus my Son has purchased us two tickets to the Stanley Cup parade through downtown TO this summer.

However, my wife is under strict orders (?) to disregard any incoming phone calls from Area Code 416. I will not besmirch my long held reputation as a quality goaltender by signing an Amateur Tryout, only to sit on the bench, chewing wads of free gum, with the very real possibility of shitting my drawers should the starting goalie go down.

Steve Berry Feb 2009 #2.jpg

Steve Berry Feb 2009.jpg

The fact that you were alive during their last cup win is noteworthy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Wth re the Leafs? Does anyone in that organ-ni-zation know how to chose a goalie? The last good one was Mike Palmateer as best as I can recall. Screw it....put Paul Harrison...err @Wonder35 in net. Seriously, how does this happen year after year? I mean, geez, Terry Sawchuk must be spinning in his grave. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I get he doesn’t like to be pulled but at some point you gotta do it for the the team. Elliot has lots of playoff experience I get he isn’t 20 anymore but he is still an nhl goalie

Exactly. And when he’s let 7 in at least pull him and save him for game three. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, netminder said:

Leafs won game 1 last year 5 to 0. TB should have made a change right after that result too?

I suppose I was harsh on him but not my intent. Just seems to me that when a guy gets the net, esp in the playoffs, it is his chance to make his name. I hope he gets better as the series moves ahead.

@Wonder35: Only meant that with your gear and bucket, you fit right in with Palmateer and Harrision who were great in their time. 

Apologies, fellas, did not mean to step on anyone's toes; I am a fan of anyone in The Show.