What's your gear rotation like?

jerd31

I lucked out in the wife department, not only is she significantly better looking than I am, but if I told her today I wanted to get another set she'd tell me to go for it 😆.  

If I were to get another set, it'd probably be another Brian's set (probably another Gnetik V set with either custom graphics or Optik 3 graphics).  The more I see True PX3's though, the more I want a set.  

• Like 1

I play with 4 different teams/groups.  3 of them I rotate the gear through so it matches the team.  The 4th I mix and match because the jerseys are Brown, Baby Blue, and White - so I try to throw in as many colours as possible.

This works well because I use the older gear which tends to take a little longer to dry (real leather, not synthetics) so I am usually not using the same pieces on back to back nights.

The only pieces that do not rotate are jock, clavicle guard, and mask.

Full disclosure:  I have 5 sets of pads (all 34" Vaughn Vision 3500's circa 1995) 5 trappers, 5 blockers. 3 c/a, 2 pants plus a pant shell, 3 pairs of skates 

• Like 2

I don't have so much of a gear rotation - it's more of an occasional "curiosity" every now and then with old stuff I haven't gotten around to selling yet. My current curiosity has been going back to my custom True skates after many months of being perfectly happy in Konekts. Once I've scratched that itch, I tend to go back to my normal set for a while.

At some point, I'll probably flit between my Vapor90 and Warrior G6 90 palm gloves and every now and then I'll go from a 25" to a 26" paddle for a game or two.

• Like 1

I regulary rotate 3 sets of pads (but which all are almost same model, just different colours to match jerseys), 4 sets of gloves (colours to match pads of course, can be different brands/models, just no 591 catcher), 2 chests, 2 pants. Everthing models that I like and feel comfortable. I like to try anything (and everything) new and like to buy more stuff, but don´t like selling gear 🙂. So I think twice before buy, if it is something I realy want to keep for long time.

10 hours ago, mik said:

I regulary rotate 3 sets of pads (but which all are almost same model, just different colours to match jerseys), 4 sets of gloves (colours to match pads of course, can be different brands/models, just no 591 catcher), 2 chests, 2 pants. Everthing models that I like and feel comfortable. I like to try anything (and everything) new and like to buy more stuff, but don´t like selling gear 🙂. So I think twice before buy, if it is something I realy want to keep for long time.

How many of those sets have a certain signature on them?

• Haha 1

I have my full setup and then I buy new gear and sell the old gear while it still has a little value. 

recently went from 2x pads and gloves to 3x pads and gloves. 

paid $1100CAD for the brand new set and sold the old set for $500. 

other gear is replaced as needed and again I sell the old stuff to offset the cost of the new gear.