Mckenney Gear

RichMan

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Notice how it doesn’t say “preferred” or “exclusive” meaning McKenney has the rights to show their equipment and name in the AHL but doesn’t necessarily require goalies to wear it. Super risky move for a smaller brand like them with very few goalies in their equipment 

I'm sure a major factor for them to take this step is a goalie or two wearing their gear. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Notice how it doesn’t say “preferred” or “exclusive” meaning McKenney has the rights to show their equipment and name in the AHL but doesn’t necessarily require goalies to wear it. Super risky move for a smaller brand like them with very few goalies in their equipment 

Well Mckenney has been big with some pros in Europe. The North American territory is very well protected (under siege) by the big boys we all know. The bigger the box, the bigger the budget.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:47 AM, RichMan said:

Well Mckenney has been big with some pros in Europe. 

I don't follow every Euro leagues but I don't remember any pro goalie to use McKenney gear. They might have made some ghosted gears, pants and chest/arms but I wouln't say the are big with Euro pros. Normally Euro pro team has contract with Bauer, CCM or Warrior and goalies use gear of that brand. Sometimes goalies are not under that contract and can choose whatever they want.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

I don't follow every Euro leagues but I don't remember any pro goalie to use McKenney gear. They might have made some ghosted gears, pants and chest/arms but I wouln't say the are big with Euro pros. Normally Euro pro team has contract with Bauer, CCM or Warrior and goalies use gear of that brand. Sometimes goalies are not under that contract and can choose whatever they want.

GoaliePro out of Finland were a big user of their gear. They came up with their own brand but I'm sure Mckenney is ghosting it. Maybe Jukka (Ropponen) can confirm. He's one of the lead coaches for their pro mentorship. 

https://goaliepro.com/

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Been eyeing their Pro and Pro Elite pants for a while. Anyone have any feedback on weight, mobility, etc.? Seems like folks who own these feel build quality and durability is great. Also is the internal belt removable?

I own their older model Pro series, before the internal belt and they are top notch. I've been playing in them for 10+ years and they are just recently showing some wear. Of course it depends how much you play, what level and how well you take care of your gear. Protection is perfect. The Elite GXP2 model has to be on par with actual NHL gear. 

Edited by RichMan

On 8/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, RichMan said:

GoaliePro out of Finland were a big user of their gear. They came up with their own brand but I'm sure Mckenney is ghosting it. Maybe Jukka (Ropponen) can confirm. He's one of the lead coaches for their pro mentorship. 

Yes, Goaliepro is a distributor/importer in Finland but their own brand is/was not ghosted by McKenney. McKenney is very very small brand in Europe.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:05 AM, RichMan said:

https://goaliepro.com/

I own their older model Pro series, before the internal belt and they are top notch. I've been playing in them for 10+ years and they are just recently showing some wear. Of course it depends how much you play, what level and how well you take care of your gear. Protection is perfect. The Elite GXP2 model has to be on par with actual NHL gear. 

Thanks for the response. I decided to order a pair and give them a shot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...