Mckenney Gear

RichMan

32 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Just visited their website and, no chest protectors or goalie pants in sight. Have they decided to drop them? 

Hmm, weird, they show up for me.  Have a pair of prospec pants bring shipped today so they are definitely still making those! 

3 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That’s odd they show up for me as well. I’m planning on placing an order for prospec pants today

Haven't got them yet but if the quality is anything like their other pieces I use I don't think you can go wrong for the price.

• Like 1

Always been a fan of my CA and pants - great quality, very mobile, and rare to get a stinger on either of them. I ended up replacing the pants after about 3 years (2-3x per week) with Warrior X2s because I wanted to upsize and have an internal belt, but they were still in solid shape. Keeping the CA (870 Prospec) though!

9 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I never understood getting the white pants. That will get so dirty so fast.

When I ordered mine I thought about going white because when they were new I knew they would look great but then didn't because they would lose that shine so quickly.  Went with all red with white logos instead.

15 minutes ago, Drew37 said:

When I ordered mine I thought about going white because when they were new I knew they would look great but then didn't because they would lose that shine so quickly.  Went with all red with white logos instead.

Exactly. Unless you have a pro trainer taking care of your gear or play on professional ice rinks where the ice conditions are pristine. If it's just a shell though, that could work. Easy to wash.

2 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Exactly. Unless you have a pro trainer taking care of your gear or play on professional ice rinks where the ice conditions are pristine. If it's just a shell though, that could work. Easy to wash.

And I was worried where the stains would end up.  With my luck it would look like I crapped my pants lol.

50 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I never understood getting the white pants. That will get so dirty so fast.

I’ll have a shell over it 80% of the time because both teams I’m on have team shells. The only times I won’t wear a shell are summer hockey, drop ins, and showcases/combines. Maybe a few practices just to show off lol 

16 minutes ago, Drew37 said:

And I was worried where the stains would end up.  With my luck it would look like I crapped my pants lol.

I got black crotch material 😉

1 hour ago, Drew37 said:

And that was with the holidays in there so you might get a even faster turn around 

Hope so! Hoping stripes, +1 length and the use of white nylon don't slow it down too much. Out of curiosity what size did you order? Those look huge!

Edited by ThatCarGuy

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Hope so! Hoping stripes, +1 length and the use of white nylon don't slow it down too much. Out of curiosity what size did you order? Those look huge!

4xl.  I'm a big guy and 3xl would have probably worked but they are able to go up a size larger then they list and I've never had a pair I could actually wear a bit loose so I went for it.  Bigger in person then I thought they would be actually but I tried them on with all my other stuff and they don't inhibit any movement.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:02 PM, Drew37 said:

4xl.  I'm a big guy and 3xl would have probably worked but they are able to go up a size larger then they list and I've never had a pair I could actually wear a bit loose so I went for it.  Bigger in person then I thought they would be actually but I tried them on with all my other stuff and they don't inhibit any movement.

Just looks like you're wearing some Chris Osgood pro-returns.

2 hours ago, MTH said:

Just looks like you're wearing some Chris Osgood pro-returns.

Pretty sure Osgood could fit in just one pant leg too lol

2 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Is there an upcharge for nonstandard nylon colors and adding stripes? I'm pretty interested in these, for the price it seems like a great deal.

I wasn't upcharged for requesting a bigger size then was listed either.

Nearing the two week mark (order placed on the 7th), not a word from Mckenney on the progress of the pants. For all I know they could be here tomorrow...

...or next month.

Not sure where you're based @Drew37 but I would think shipping to Wisconsin wouldn't take too long. True didn't have any issues sending skates back and forth from the Dells to Canada.

Edited by ThatCarGuy