Warrior R\G7 line

Nohtaram

21 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Looks like a full lay over jenpro graphic

They'll be stitched in like the G6, G5, G4, and G3. 

Only the GT and GT2 line had pronounced knee rolls. But calling them knee rolls was a stretch lol. 

B21060E9-23DA-4225-A486-DA9B9281FA62.jpeg.ff24fd351c6b64df094bfb97bee2ed56.jpeg

Exp7neiWUAUSTaR.jpg

Capture.JPG

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I don't 'member this at all!

All of you guys are going with a white boot area so I had to post one with an opposing style.

G6.thumb.png.8d5df46a14c4557c77645e003209db9a.png

As much as I love the look of bottom heavy graphics I think I'll be doing more white this year to try and blend in. I'm struggling to track the puck with this much black on the pads.

Who knows maybe I'll do @coopaloop1234's worst nightmare

Screenshot_20240117_161501_Instagram.thumb.jpg.47a296c7649d94377944026bb2695d10.jpg

• Sad 1

Hey guys, older goalie here (71) with artificial hips, super narrow butterfly379551AF-3741-41F3-8006-5AE1B3572067.thumb.JPG.c38fe2be78cdcc5a73dde4b10838e348.JPG.  I always wore Warrior but never could get close to closing the 5 hole with them no matter how hard I bent the tops.  Loved everything else about them.  Finally had to make a radical shift to Brian's Optik 3 on advice from Cam at The Hockey Shop in Vancouver. First time 5 hole close ever with

them.

Does Warrior have ANY profile that can close a narrow butterfly, or am I now a permanent Brian's guy??

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CamWardFan said:

Hey guys, older goalie here (71) with artificial hips, super narrow butterfly379551AF-3741-41F3-8006-5AE1B3572067.thumb.JPG.c38fe2be78cdcc5a73dde4b10838e348.JPG.  I always wore Warrior but never could get close to closing the 5 hole with them no matter how hard I bent the tops.  Loved everything else about them.  Finally had to make a radical shift to Brian's Optik 3 on advice from Cam at The Hockey Shop in Vancouver. First time 5 hole close ever with

them.

Does Warrior have ANY profile that can close a narrow butterfly, or am I now a permanent Brian's guy??

As far as I know warrior has no precurve option and expects you to add curve to the pads yourself. I've added a bit to mine but they're definitely no where near as curved as Brian's unfortunately

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CamWardFan said:

them.

Good on ya fellow 'tender. I'm 74 and on a good day I can get a half butterfly with my left leg stretched somewhere out there, doing something which I cannot fully control. My right leg does a decent impersonation of a half butterfly. It's not a pretty sight.

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

These are my GT2s just laying around, waiting for the next game. They don't have a pre-curve but the outer break in coordination with semi-rigid thighs give me a 5 hole closure on a good night.

That being said, I do my homework by implementing my hip flex exercises as a regular routine every day or second day and try my best to do a proper warm-up before and on the ice to be able to give the best my aging body can deliver. 

At best, ordering a pair of G7s with outer break and soft tops might help some but it won't be a McD formula for sure.

20240120_191649.jpg

Edited by RichMan
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

How accurate is warriors size chart? Never tried warrior gear before but thinking of giving some G7s a go. Their chart puts me in a 35 based on FTK, feels big considering I wear a 33 in Vaughn and am between a 33 and 34 in true (use 34s just cause I like the way they sit with how I strap them). I do wear a large in Bauer tho.

also, how does the warrior thigh rise compare to trues/Vaughn/Brian’s?

2 hours ago, Toobs said:

How accurate is warriors size chart? Never tried warrior gear before but thinking of giving some G7s a go. Their chart puts me in a 35 based on FTK, feels big considering I wear a 33 in Vaughn and am between a 33 and 34 in true (use 34s just cause I like the way they sit with how I strap them). I do wear a large in Bauer tho.

also, how does the warrior thigh rise compare to trues/Vaughn/Brian’s?

37 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Large in Bauer is, at least nominally, a 35" pad. That said, Warrior runs small. I would need a 36" Warrior pad.

Warrior has a 1.5" thigh rise as stock. 

I'm in the same size Bauer (33) as I have been in Warrior rgt, rgt2, and G5. 

The g6/7 supposedly runs taller. I've been advised I'd be in a 32" now. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Large in Bauer is, at least nominally, a 35" pad. That said, Warrior runs small. I would need a 36" Warrior pad.

What’s the +1.5 equivalent to though? Like Brian’s 1.5 is similar to other brands +2. Is warrior the same or is it more of a normal 1.5.

And so you’re saying going with a 34 G7 might be too small for me?

1 hour ago, ilyazhito said:

33 minutes ago, Toobs said:

What’s the +1.5 equivalent to though? Like Brian’s 1.5 is similar to other brands +2. Is warrior the same or is it more of a normal 1.5.

As coop said, G7 will run bigger. My 32+1.5 G6 pads fit and were the exact same size as my 33+ Machs and HL2s. 

38 minutes ago, Toobs said:

Here's my 33 ultrasonics and rgt2s together. 

Borg brands are +1.5 thighrises

20230215_101202.jpg

4 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

Wow. Is this convergent evolution (Bauer and Warrior happen to be the same size)? 

28 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

They were but they aren't anymore. Warrior 32 now equals bauer 33

It was mostly to show that the thighrises were identical 

• Like 1

My 2cents...According to Warrior's chart, my F2K is 20.5 or 21.5 and so I measured for a 36". Given I had just sold my Bauer Reactor 6000s in a 36" cause they were a tad too long, and then bought some Bauer Reactor 9000s in 35" that were spot on but just a tad too heavy, I doubted the Warrior's chart and continued yet my research into their pads.

Seeing that the choice of sizes in my area was pretty slim, closest I found were some GTs in 34". I honestly could get away with it but as they would of broken in at the break but more so the boot, they might of been an issue in regards to the knee landing.

Finally I decided to grab some GT2s on sale online  in a 35". I would say, after 2 seasons that they are working just fine. I'm landing square on the block 90% of the time. The other 10% accounts for the slack in my toe ties and the odd mad scramble.

The GT2 skate channel is a bit shallow cause of the slight boot riser but nothing that would be considered a flat boot like most new models out now. The G7s have a flat boot channel which means I'd have to get some 34" since they'll sit higher.

If Warrior was a small house brand, even if they stuck with producing just one model, they could offer more custom options such as a flat boot or shallow boot or deep boot, etc. But it's not the case. They are moving forward with the trends and won't be looking back. 

• Like 1