Warrior R\G7 line

Nohtaram

Not sure if someone already posted anything of next gen Warrior line. Spoted some pictures posted by some Czech Hockey Shop (pre orders so far- they didn't posted prices).

Looks like Warrior discontinue ridge desing on slideing surface. Other than that I don't see much difference.

As usual - I'm not so keen on the graphics - G6 looks better IMO

G7-1.jpg

G7-2.jpg

G7-3.jpg

G7-4.jpg

G7-5.jpg

G7-6.jpg

G7-7.jpg

G7-8.jpg

G7-9.jpg

G7-10.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting to see them abandon the internal flap and just make the sling wrap calf strap have velcro on both sides so the knee strap can just go over it. Probably cheaper and easier than making the internal flap removable for people who don't want to use the sling wrap calf strap. Considering how I wear my knee strap on g6 I'll probably remove the sling wrap strap on g7 because the new style lower calf strap does what my sling wrap does now

Love the texturing on the graphic.

It's also worth noting that pro is replacing the e+ line not pro+😉

Overall a very promising looking set imo

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I noticed the calf pillow too. That would be nice as I had to make one for my warriors. 

Is that upper calf strap their take on a Rotation control/professor strap? That would also be nice as I had to add one of those too haha. 

G6 already had one that was removable. The G7 is different. Looks like it was removed and modified to what you see now. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

G6 already had one that was removable. The G7 is different. Looks like it was removed and modified to what you see now. 

I like this new version. I use the inner flap for both my knee and upper calf straps on G6 but I can see how the inner flap would be annoying for those who don't use the upper calf strap at all. 

The knee block does look massive!!

I like the new calf strapping approach. If the elastic gets too stretched out or the velcro gets too fuzzy, you buy new elastics and voila. If the velcro on my GT2s gets messy, I gotta get a full custom repair job done. Then there's always special mod ideas that come to mind.

I wish they would modify the outer knee wing. It doesn't give the clearance or movement that I want. Working on that project for my GT2s.

The graphic is odd but hopefully we get a customizer up and running real soon so we can mess around with it and see what can be done.

Notable stick things in the PDF:

• The M series is confirmed from what I was told of going to having the asymmetric shaft as the default
  • The sizing now has 24" in the senior size with the note of (industry standard sizing), so I'm guessing that the 24" is what used to be the 25"
    • I'll try to get this confirmed from Warrior (likely by calling them
    • There's a typo of "loading" as "laoding" for the V series sticks lol
  • Like 1

I was a little iffy on removing the inner velcro flap for the pseudo-professor strap but I noticed they brought the outer wrap more inside.

Though I do feel it loses a bit of the charm/uniqueness with going away from the triangle calf strap and the stretchy fabric knee strap.

I wonder if the calf pillow is removable and can be added to the G6s <_<

• Like 1

Did the g6 have  that awful below knee break?

I Know the g4 did and make u land on the top of the block when in the down position.

the g5 was the  retail pricepoint model was fine for the first year and half then the break got soft and had the same problem.

5 hours ago, DL42 said:

Did the g6 have  that awful below knee break?

I Know the g4 did and make u land on the top of the block when in the down position.

the g5 was the  retail pricepoint model was fine for the first year and half then the break got soft and had the same problem.

Stock G6 had the stiff/medium one piece core option which meant no break but still a little flexible below the knee.