Warrior R\G7 line

Nohtaram

Just now, ChippedWall said:

I must have missed the recent part of the thread where there was talks about size comparison.

Am I to understand that if I wear 34/medium Hyperlite that I will be a 33 G7?

Yes that's correct. Sorry, hadn't refreshed my page

I do know the g3 at 33 fits per sizing chart pro pad.

The g4 pro pad fit for 2 weeks to a month then was falling off the block in butterfly  bc of the knee break.  also the nee foam block was too soft,,   think it was a defect in the foam.

G5 retail pad same size,  good for 1 years, had to get this bc the g4 was terrible use it less then 6 months thats how bad it was, the g4.  on the g5 had to  add plastic rods down where the knee block break is,  terrible break, same problem on as g4.    the boot riser and knee block are  compressed.

no idea on g6 if i were to get g4 or g5 prob would get 34 .

if g6 an g7 stiffer i would get 33 and if stuff goes sideways add rods or plastics

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

G7 will fit the same as G6 and only G6

Would goalie monkey possibly not have the correct size chart listed for G6 and G7?  They have the same sizing chart as the GT2.  32" pad for a 5'6" height.  Same as my G2 I currently wear.  Is it in the new brochure?  Sorry if I missed where the info was from.

3 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Would goalie monkey possibly not have the correct size chart listed for G6 and G7?  They have the same sizing chart as the GT2.  32" pad for a 5'6" height.  Same as my G2 I currently wear.  Is it in the new brochure?  Sorry if I missed where the info was from.

They have not updated the size chart. I'm basing this off personal experience with my own G6 set and talking to reps about G7. I wore a 33 in G5, 33 Mach, 33 HL2, and 32 G6. I did have 34 G4 but they were too big for me

• Thanks 1

For the first time in decades, I’ve decided to go mismatch on my equipment and just ordered a R/G7 trapper to wear with Bauer pads and blocker.  Love the pads, love the blocker…kinda like the glove.  I have very fond memories of my G3 trapper with the 75 degree break.  I don’t know why I was so insistent on having brand matching stuff.  I did custom order, though and it should mesh pretty nicely with the current set!

IMG_1267.jpeg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, sescaro said:

For the first time in decades, I’ve decided to go mismatch on my equipment and just ordered a R/G7 trapper to wear with Bauer pads and blocker.  Love the pads, love the blocker…kinda like the glove.  I have very fond memories of my G3 trapper with the 75 degree break.  I don’t know why I was so insistent on having brand matching stuff.  I did custom order, though and it should mesh pretty nicely with the current set!

IMG_1267.jpeg

The Bauer pads/blocker and Warrior catcher combo is a mighty fine one. 

No bias here. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2024 at 8:14 PM, Toobs said:

How accurate is warriors size chart? Never tried warrior gear before but thinking of giving some G7s a go. Their chart puts me in a 35 based on FTK, feels big considering I wear a 33 in Vaughn and am between a 33 and 34 in true (use 34s just cause I like the way they sit with how I strap them). I do wear a large in Bauer tho.

also, how does the warrior thigh rise compare to trues/Vaughn/Brian’s?

MY best advice ordering 2 custom sets previously, follow the chart!!  Each time I did this warrior reps both agreed that the way I calculated was correct.  Remember as well, when you do this, if they don't fit Warrior will make you another set........anyways, track the FTK and line your knee where it needs to be.  For me, I am 21.5 FTK so that puts me in a 37+1.5 (stock thigh rise).  However, if you look at their chart, they also show you what the recommended overall pad size is based on height.  Since the 37+1.5 recommended body height is taller than I am, I went with the overall pad height recommendation for my height of 6' 1 1/2" which ends up as a 36+1.5 pad.  So simple math, keep the knee at 37 and drop the pad height by 1", puts me in a 37+0.5 pad.  Fits perfect.  Always feel free to reach out to warrior on IG or anywhere else to show them your stats and what pad height you want prior to ordering and see what they say.

1 hour ago, coryquick said:

MY best advice ordering 2 custom sets previously, follow the chart!!  Each time I did this warrior reps both agreed that the way I calculated was correct.  Remember as well, when you do this, if they don't fit Warrior will make you another set........anyways, track the FTK and line your knee where it needs to be.  For me, I am 21.5 FTK so that puts me in a 37+1.5 (stock thigh rise).  However, if you look at their chart, they also show you what the recommended overall pad size is based on height.  Since the 37+1.5 recommended body height is taller than I am, I went with the overall pad height recommendation for my height of 6' 1 1/2" which ends up as a 36+1.5 pad.  So simple math, keep the knee at 37 and drop the pad height by 1", puts me in a 37+0.5 pad.  Fits perfect.  Always feel free to reach out to warrior on IG or anywhere else to show them your stats and what pad height you want prior to ordering and see what they say.

Now that you mention it, that lines up perfect for how I was going to order my G7s this year

2 hours ago, coryquick said:

So I must have freakishly short calves for my height. I have a 18.5 FTK which puts me at a 31" intermediate on the knee, but I'm 5'8 (8.5 technically). They recommend a 33+1.5 for 5'8 guys (which is what I currently play with, G2's 33" and it works, though I land about an inch low of center on the knee stack). So if I was to custom order g7's, I'd want a 31+3.5?? What is wrong with my proportions haha. Am I getting that right?

Edited by IpaddyTECH

20 minutes ago, IpaddyTECH said:

So I must have freakishly short calves for my height. I have a 18.5 FTK which puts me at a 31" intermediate on the knee, but I'm 5'8 (8.5 technically). They recommend a 33+1.5 for 5'8 guys (which is what I currently play with, G2's 33" and it works, though I land about an inch low of center on the knee stack). So if I was to custom order g7's, I'd want a 31+3.5?? What is wrong with my proportions haha. Am I getting that right?

The chart that's on the customizer for the G7 is identical to the one previously used for their other pads. 

https://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/2702-warrior-sizing/

Here's a thread from 2019. The sizing chart on that is the same specs as the one currently live in the G7 customizer. 

I've fired off an email to Cam at the Hockey Shop to get a better idea of potential sizing issues between the chart and reality. There seems to be some conflicting information lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I've got the same issue. I'm about 6' on a good day but I have about 19.25 ftk so I'd be ordering 32+2 or +2.5 pads. I'm in 32+1.5 now and they definitely feel small

• Like 1

Hmmmmm... I could believe that technically they're made to the same dimensions. But what about the change away from boot risers and different boot angles, doesn't that make the pad fit a little differently?

Also Coop, with 19.5, are you landing center on the knee stack in your Warrior 33"s? Technically the chart would have you in a 32" right?

34 minutes ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Hmmmmm... I could believe that technically they're made to the same dimensions. But what about the change away from boot risers and different boot angles, doesn't that make the pad fit a little differently?

Also Coop, with 19.5, are you landing center on the knee stack in your Warrior 33"s? Technically the chart would have you in a 32" right?

19.5" puts me dead center in the 33" range. 19.25"-19.75". 

33" Warrior pads have historically been spot on for me and I'm also in a 33" (small) Bauer Ultrasonic right now that are supposed to run taller than the Vapour line too. 

I have this feeling that I actually should be in a 33" and not size down. But we'll see. 

My pads might be much older G2's but I'd agree with your sizing as I'm about an inch below center with an 18.5 atk. At this point I'll be going with a 32" in Bauer for sure, and probably a 32 in Warrior as well unless we start seeing the g6/7s running big. Still leaning Bauer although the G7's do look great. 

I was advised that the sizing of the G6 was the same as the 4 and 5 (I was coming from the G4) so I didn't even use the chart I just ordered based on the previous measurement.  I will say this-I think the stiffness/straightness of the thigh rise on the G7 makes the pad feel bigger.  My knee lands dead centre in both pads, but my G4 has softened obviously and has a bit of a curve so they look a fair bit shorter.  End of the day I decided after a handful of uses that they are too stiff for me and I will sell the G6 set and order the G7 as soft as possible.

Got to try on some G7's. They run a tad bigger than previous  warrior, so if you're on the cusp, sizing down my be good. But I'm definitely a 33".

Gloves are nearly identical to the G6. Cuff area has been modified a bit, but mostly the same. 

Pads are good. Stock set is still very stiff, but the break at the knee was needed. I'm sure it would soften up a bit, but I'm tempted to go to a soft knee break instead of the stock medium. 

Boot is more flexible. Not Hyperlite soft, but close. 

The change from the hard outer flap back to a more inset, softer flap (like past lines) was way nicer. The new professor strap version is nicer in it's simplicity. Does the same job. 

The calf strap is alright. I like the simpler design and adjustability. There's two slots in the calf wrap to make it go tighter if you want too. 

Calf pillow is fucking beefy. Thicker than the Hyperlite 1. It's easily removable though, so you can either remove it or modify it. 

Aside from that, I can't think of too much else that's changed. They're all welcome changes and comparing it beside a G6 really hammered home what I didn't like about the G6. 

I still don't know if I prefer either blocker, they're both fine but feels cumbersome after using the Mach for so long. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

My pads might be much older G2's but I'd agree with your sizing as I'm about an inch below center with an 18.5 atk. At this point I'll be going with a 32" in Bauer for sure, and probably a 32 in Warrior as well unless we start seeing the g6/7s running big. Still leaning Bauer although the G7's do look great. 

Do you mean FTK? If you’re an 18.5 ATK a 32 or small/X small in Bauer is going to be way too small for you

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

The chart that's on the customizer for the G7 is identical to the one previously used for their other pads. 

https://www.thegoalnet.com/forums/topic/2702-warrior-sizing/

Here's a thread from 2019. The sizing chart on that is the same specs as the one currently live in the G7 customizer. 

I've fired off an email to Cam at the Hockey Shop to get a better idea of potential sizing issues between the chart and reality. There seems to be some conflicting information lol. 

Where’d you find Cams email? I want to ask him a question 

19 minutes ago, RichMan said:

@coopaloop1234 so the G7 runs taller but you're still a 33"? 

So does this mean that the flat boot is no different than the risers on the GT2? The difference is in the shin? The knee landing spot remains the same?

Couldn't tell you what it is the cause, but I was landing just low of center on the G6. I was dead on on my rgt2. 

FTK is 19.5" which is middle of the 33" range. 

So my take is that they run larger, but not by a long shot. 

If you're on the cusp of a size, go down for safe measure 

• Like 1