Warrior R\G7 line

Nohtaram

7 minutes ago, RichMan said:

@coopaloop1234I know I'll just have to give the glove a try somewhere, sometime before I can give my final impression. If anything, the removable palm would feel like a pro palm in a game ready glove, yes?

Not really, it's a bit squishier than Warrior's sewn in option, but I didn't find it to be a massive difference. Lining up the velcro on the catcher is so much easier than moving the blocker back in place. 

I've been using my G6 with the practice palm insert and that has much more of a pro palm feeling that you're describing. 

4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Both the 7.0 and 7.1 final products I tried were perfect (although slightly stiffer and thicker feeling than G6) and did not have that issue. Awful of them to have that as their closure photo

Frankly it's hilarious. Though, outside of manually closing it with the other hand, there isn't much else they could do on that glove. It came in rough fucking shape lol.

18 minutes ago, RichMan said:

The 7.0 demo glove I tried on some months ago felt like butter. 

Maybe too many people messed with that one in the store at THS.

Nah, that thing was definitely crushed during transport. Thing was awful. 

I saw it back during the first week of Feb, and aside from staff, I was one of the few from the public to try it. 

• Like 1

Back on my G3 catcher there had to be some more adjustment, but with the G6 and the refinements that have come since then, and obviously the G7 moving forward, the process of adding and removing the palms is pretty foolproof as all the spots to line it up are clearly marked. 

I do this once a month on my G6 and no issues. I did mark the tightness on my straps with a sharpie, so I can dial it in everytime though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichMan said:

I know that Kirk would be the better source for this, BUT, out of curiosity, those of you working for pro shops and have received the senior line already, what is the break/flex specs on the pads?

I go tommorow to the Hockeymonkey in Montreal I could tell you. I don’t like the new iconik shape so I probably try warrior im curious about all those new feature 

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:33 AM, RichMan said:

I know that Kirk would be the better source for this, BUT, out of curiosity, those of you working for pro shops and have received the senior line already, what is the break/flex specs on the pads?

I’ve tried them 

the flex from senior is similar to the ultrasonic and pro is mach ++

i don’t have big hand and it’s was pretty difficult to put my hand inside the blocker 

also on their chart im suppose to wear 35 pads… I wore some Mach large on a leg and 34+1.5 on other leg from warrior and the knee is at the same place.

for sure I can’t fit in a 35 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

I’ve tried them 

the flex from senior is similar to the ultrasonic and pro is mach ++

Sounds about right. The G6 was as stiff as a Mach but with a bit more curve. Since the G7 now comes stock with an external break (no internal break), it should be a tad softer, but was mostly the same. 

I haven't touched the Senior line yet, but the Senior line on the G6 was decently squishy, more so than an Ultrasonic, but definitely not Hyperlite territory. 

• Like 1

I just got my G7 RTL glove in today.  Here it is next to my G5 Pro.  I have had it for about 30 minutes, and it is ready to use in today's skate.  Feels a little stiffer than the G5, but it should; the G5 has been used for 2.5 seasons.  Very similar feel between the two, but they definitely look different.  The pocket on the G7 is massive!  I will have to give some more feedback after my skate.

I had a full set of G5 Pros, then got a full set of Hyperlite 1's.  After almost a full season in the Hyperlite glove, I had to go back to my G5.  Even though, I somewhat got used the the Hyperlite glove, I realized that I was still fighting it, so I switched back to the G5.  I have since replaced my Hyperlite 1 leg pads with Hyperlite 2's, have kept my Hyperlite 1 blocker, and now have a new G7 glove.  

image0 (1).jpeg

• Like 5

I used the new G7 RTL glove last night.  It was great.  Felt pretty much the same as my G5 on my hand.  I really like puck-handling, and I was happy to see that I was able to grip the stick just as good as the G5.  It is super easy to close even after one skate.  The only thing that I think I will have to work on, is to keep it open a little wider.  That was the easiest glove transition I have ever had.

• Like 3