Warrior R\G7 line

Nohtaram

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 10:24 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I think Warrior may have stopped taking custom orders until G7 is released. The G6 customizer has been completely removed from their site

That's correct.  I tried to submit an order the other day and was told I would have to wait for the G7's.  I was told the G7 customizer will launch next week.

• Like 1

So question here, maybe someone out there has the answer. There was much talk about how Warrior managed to get their pads so light by getting the pad widths down to 10.5-10.75". I never did get around to measuring or asking anyone. Was there any truth to this or was is all rumor and speculation? And if it was true on the G6, anyone know if that's gonna continue on the G7?

52 minutes ago, ChippedWall said:

So question here, maybe someone out there has the answer. There was much talk about how Warrior managed to get their pads so light by getting the pad widths down to 10.5-10.75". I never did get around to measuring or asking anyone. Was there any truth to this or was is all rumor and speculation? And if it was true on the G6, anyone know if that's gonna continue on the G7?

This has not been true since G3. G4 was full width off the shelf (it did shrink over time) and every pad since then has been full width. What set G6 apart was its ability to maintain that width after a season of use

My GT2s are supposedly 11" wide but they look more narrow. It has to be an illusion. Also, because they were built with torsion in mind, have they stayed the same over the past 2 seasons? I'd have to measure. Let you know later.

Edited by RichMan

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The final version of the warrior customizer is much nicer than the one I found. As far as I'm concerned this is right up there with bauer's customizer since it has descriptions with pictures for every spec option. 

https://www.warrior.com/C-RG6PP.html

Definitely their best one yet. 

Interesting to note that you can't get INT internals on a 7.1 catcher. Once you select INT 75, the option to select a 7.1 disappears. Guess they don't want to sew those in?

Blocker specs don't specify anything about sewn in palms this time. Is the 7.1 not a sewn in palm like the 6.1 was? 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Definitely their best one yet. 

Interesting to note that you can't get INT internals on a 7.1 catcher. Once you select INT 75, the option to select a 7.1 disappears. Guess they don't want to sew those in?

Blocker specs don't specify anything about sewn in palms this time. Is the 7.1 not a sewn in palm like the 6.1 was? 

Per warrior's catalog the 7.1 will still be sewn in and 7.0 will be removable just like before. Also just noticed the link says G6 for some reason and warrior had updated that link

https://www.warriorgoaliecustomizer.com/warrior_custom_app/?model=rg7

Just now, ThatCarGuy said:

Per warrior's catalog the 7.1 will still be sewn in and 7.0 will be removable just like before. Also just noticed the link says G6 for some reason and warrior had updated that link

https://www.warriorgoaliecustomizer.com/warrior_custom_app/?model=rg7

Figured, though curious why no ability to get INT internals on the 7.1. 

Not that I'd get it, just want to question it. 

8 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Same as it's been since the G3. 

Remember when the G3 had three different graphic options?

Standard, Classic, and International (may be wrong on the naming of the third one). Standard and Classic we're the typical offerings from Warrior, but the "international" purposefully didn't include graphics on the face of the pad, just the outer roll, as it was designed to be covered up in advertisements. 

Good times. 

I'd probably go full Tampa on this set.   My new team is black/neon green, but I just don't see myself buying gear to match that nonsense.   I loved the big white five hole on my old G5 set and just realized I did it again here.   :/

image.thumb.png.3db5332446362213f57382706c53593d.png

Can't unsee Darth Vader...

image.png.2354482cf0a4a96382b349a3c1a87935.png

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I'd probably go full Tampa on this set.   My new team is black/neon green, but I just don't see myself buying gear to match that nonsense.   I loved the big white five hole on my old G5 set and just realized I did it again here.   :/

I wonder if there's a general theme going on with the design aspect lol 

37 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Same as it's been since the G3. 

Remember when the G3 had three different graphic options?

Standard, Classic, and International (may be wrong on the naming of the third one). Standard and Classic we're the typical offerings from Warrior, but the "international" purposefully didn't include graphics on the face of the pad, just the outer roll, as it was designed to be covered up in advertisements. 

Good times. 

I don't 'member this at all!

1 minute ago, Puckstopper said:

All of you guys are going with a white boot area so I had to post one with an opposing style.

G6.thumb.png.8d5df46a14c4557c77645e003209db9a.png

8 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I don't 'member this at all!

All of you guys are going with a white boot area so I had to post one with an opposing style.

G6.thumb.png.8d5df46a14c4557c77645e003209db9a.png

Ironic, I was working on something similar that would also make the Ian Clarke junkies happy...

image.png.f25356146b96c3b855edf76af5508dda.png