Hockey Chat Thread

SaveByRichter35

2 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

likely it’s something I’m doing and not the glove itself. 

Git Gud

I'm a fingers up goalie anyways, so the Mach is fine.

If I was forced to only use the Mach glove, I'd be able to use it without issue, I just had way better time with Warrior. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Git Gud

I'm a fingers up goalie anyways, so the Mach is fine.

If I was forced to only use the Mach glove, I'd be able to use it without issue, I just had way better time with Warrior. 

The fact the tee doesn’t permanently bend, virtual no gaps in the palm, super lightweight, washable inner palm, not sure why I strayed from Warrior gloves….

7 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Within a year. At least that’s the rumor

Some dude on Reddit was heavily implying Warrior is either getting out of goalie gear, or their goalie line being bought out by True…but then again, it’s Reddit so 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, jerd31 said:

Some dude on Reddit was heavily implying Warrior is either getting out of goalie gear, or their goalie line being bought out by True…but then again, it’s Reddit so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah that won’t be happening. Their gear still sells better than true at our store and overseas. From my understanding we’re only halfway through Warrior’s planned goalie lineup and there’s plenty ideas in the pipeline that customers aren’t ready for yet. 

10 hours ago, jerd31 said:

The hockey goalie sub reddit is such a poor resource for information and advice. 

I was being told I had no idea what I was talking about when I said that goalies tuck their C/A's. 

Apparently tucking chest protectors isn't a thing according to them

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

The hockey goalie sub reddit is such a poor resource for information and advice. 

I was being told I had no idea what I was talking about when I said that goalies tuck their C/A's. 

Apparently tucking chest protectors isn't a thing according to them

r/hockeygoalies/ in a nutshell

1. What mask is good
  2. What pads are good
  3. Video clips of some dude in D league with better overlay/video effects than an NHL broadcast (looking at you, digital board ads)
  4. "How do I play this situation" posts followed by a bunch of the aforementioned D league superstars giving bad advice
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

r/hockeygoalies/ in a nutshell

1. What mask is good
  2. What pads are good
  3. Video clips of some dude in D league with better overlay/video effects than an NHL broadcast (looking at you, digital board ads)
  4. "How do I play this situation" posts followed by a bunch of the aforementioned D league superstars giving bad advice

Don't forget about the "look at my amazing save!" live barn video where any semblance of talent from anyone on the ice is completely absent. 

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't forget about the "look at my amazing save!" live barn video where any semblance of talent from anyone on the ice is completely absent. 

I’ve seen these in two formats 

1 - choppy and pixelated 10 frame per second video clip with the camera situated at center ice where you can’t even tell if the save is being made 

2 - basically every Hills video where he gets lucky the direction he’s sliding in matches the direction of the play (ie. This)