Jump to content

Hockey Chat Thread


SaveByRichter35
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/29/2022 at 11:48 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Yeah I’m not sure if I’d like the way he publicizes his career on youtube and such if I were a coach either, and he doesn’t exactly have the best attitude about it either 

If I was a coach, (oh wait I am) I wouldn’t want all of the cameras and stuff around. It can be distracting for other players and I would wonder if his mind isn’t always focused on the task at hand and more worried about his videos. 
 

And on the goalie coaching front which is more of what I would do; I want to coach who is paying me, call me selfish but I’m not paid to put free goaltending tips out there for anyone and everyone. If thats how I make a living everyone can pay for my expertise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hi I was wondering if someone here knows the circumstances and can tell  me why Patrick Roy quit the Canadiens during that game on Dec 2, 1995. 

I feel kind of dumb to ask why but I really don't know.  I was doing other things in life during the 90's and not playing or really following hockey. 

I always wondered, was it because the defense sucked? 😂

Thanks in advance.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Hi I was wondering if someone here knows the circumstances and can tell  me why Patrick Roy quit the Canadiens during that game on Dec 2, 1995. 

I feel kind of dumb to ask why but I really don't know.  I was doing other things in life during the 90's and not playing or really following hockey. 

I always wondered, was it because the defense sucked? 😂

Thanks in advance.  

https://thehockeynews.com/news/on-the-20th-anniversary-a-look-back-at-the-night-that-sealed-patrick-roys-fate-in-montreal

 

Have a read. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Scythe - the Cliffs Notes version is that he got stuck in a wang measuring contest with the coach at the time (Tremblay) who thought he was more Scotty Bowman than he actually was and "lost". And by "lost" I mean the coach won the wang measuring contest but Patrick got the last laugh. Arguably set the franchise back a decade or so while Roy and the Avalanche become juggernauts.

And yes - their defense sucked at the time (the team was pretty much marginal overall as Roy basically carried them to the Cup in 1993).

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was a good read. I always thought it had something to do with the roster. Tremblay seemed like kind of a tool. 

My brother and I were collecting cards and playing in the street from 74 to around 79 ice skating whenever we could so we have a few of Tremblay's cards. 79 is when we started doing other stuff. Brother joined the AF and I started high school.  

Thanks for all the info on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically Mario Tremblay was a gigantic egotistical douchebag. Can’t believe they chose him over Roy. The best part is Roy immediately winning the Stanley Cup with Colorado as a giant F U to Tremblay. I think for most people, Tremblay will be remembered as the worst coach in the history of the world rather then a cup-winning player. That’s the cost of being a massive prick. F ‘em

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

So basically Mario Tremblay was a gigantic egotistical douchebag. Can’t believe they chose him over Roy. The best part is Roy immediately winning the Stanley Cup with Colorado as a giant F U to Tremblay. I think for most people, Tremblay will be remembered as the worst coach in the history of the world rather then a cup-winning player. That’s the cost of being a massive prick. F ‘em

Nah, it'll be for this commercial

Also in English

Although, in the French version Tremblay says “you should pull your goalie” and Roy replies “I think he’s still good for 2 other championships!”

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2022 at 8:33 AM, wvuviv30 said:

I bet they look at him as more of a marketing tool.

Watching his vids since he joined the Fed, they have their marketing manager managing his GoPro during practices and games. 
 

I think you nailed it. 

On 8/28/2022 at 10:56 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Just heard Trav will be in the Fed which is hilarious to me because one of my teammates last year made a Fed team after we had a 3-44-0 season in the NA3HL. Clearly the bar is super low to get into that league and Trav barely scraped by getting on an expansion team

Dude has had one portion of a game of playing time due to the starter getting into a fight and he's still being passed over for the other back up.

Hell, their main starter got moved up and they brought someone else in and they've even usurped him for playing time. Hell, he even had side by side comparison between him and the starter and the disparity is ridiculous. 

@wvuviv30 is spot on in saying that his sole involvement on the team is to market a new FPHL team. I can see them dropping Trav the second they don't think this marketing avenue is worth it. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Watching his vids since he joined the Fed, they have their marketing manager managing his GoPro during practices and games. 
 

I think you nailed it. 

Dude has had one portion of a game of playing time due to the starter getting into a fight and he's still being passed over for the other back up.

Hell, their main starter got moved up and they brought someone else in and they've even usurped him for playing time. Hell, he even had side by side comparison between him and the starter and the disparity is ridiculous. 

@wvuviv30 is spot on in saying that his sole involvement on the team is to market a new FPHL team. I can see them dropping Trav the second they don't think this marketing avenue is worth it. 

I have no idea of his situation and my knowledge of US immigration laws is pretty rudimentary, but I'd imagine they're probably on the hook for sponsoring his work visa, no?  If so they might keep him around for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

I have no idea of his situation and my knowledge of US immigration laws is pretty rudimentary, but I'd imagine they're probably on the hook for sponsoring his work visa, no?  If so they might keep him around for a while.

I'm not too familiar either, though from what I can tell, most work visas are on the basis of a year and can be extended from there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...