Hockey Chat Thread

SaveByRichter35

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Samsonov is better anyways. So probably a blessing in disguise. 

I'm sure they're going to need all the good goaltending they can get so they don't repeat a Campbell situation. 

Yup. They’re gonna need their goalie to show up - not just for one or two games, but for ALL seven of them .

😋

6 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Yup. They’re gonna need their goalie to show up - not just for one or two games, but for ALL seven of them .

😋

Frankly, they dodged a bullet by letting Campbell go. Dude isn't taking any teams deep in the playoffs.

Capture.JPG.3604936d7a4f7ff3ac237a31c9278d0f.JPG

Hell, without Skinner playing fantasticly, Oilers wouldn't even be seeing the playoffs. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Frankly, they dodged a bullet by letting Campbell go. Dude isn't taking any teams deep in the playoffs.

Capture.JPG.3604936d7a4f7ff3ac237a31c9278d0f.JPG

Hell, without Skinner playing fantasticly, Oilers wouldn't even be seeing the playoffs. 

On the one hand, I feel for him because he is arguably the closest thing to one of us in The Show. On the other hand, Dude… you’re in The Show.

9 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Same here - but it was more fun when there was an outside chance they’d actually win. Now you buzz a Leafs fan, and there’s no come back, no fight - just agreement.

You be careful with what you wish for, especially with you behind enemy lines there. 

Leaf fans being submissive and knowing their place is far better than them winning a series and regaining their obnoxious bravado. 

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You be careful with what you wish for, especially with you behind enemy lines there. 

Leaf fans being submissive and knowing their place is far better than them winning a series and regaining their obnoxious bravado. 

Not wishing for the Leafs Nation prayers (that’s what they been reduced to) to be answered - far from it. I’m just noting that it used to be more fun to give them the gears. I still - and always will - ultimately delight in their playoff ED (elimination disfunction)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, I've had more stingers in the crease of my Mach glove than I've had in years of Warrior gloves. 

Mostly at the index finger portion. Definitely thinking about going back to my Warriors. 

You should consider going double blocker.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, I've had more stingers in the crease of my Mach glove than I've had in years of Warrior gloves. 

Mostly at the index finger portion. Definitely thinking about going back to my Warriors. 

Funny I’ve noticed the same thing with mine. Even in the cuff I’ll get hit and feel it. What a piece of shit. Still better than any non-stick piece of goalie gear warrior has ever made!

@coopaloop1234Guess I might as well say it, my G6 set gets here at the end of May. I miss Warrior gloves and now that they have a good blocker and pads I’m willing to give it a shot again. I’ve never had a protection or performance issue with Warrior gloves I just I just like my sets to at least have the same base color and that all black G5 glove wasn’t cutting it lol. I went with a G6 with 90 degree palm since that’s as close as possible to what I’ve always used with warrior and a G6.1 blocker since I wasn’t a fan of G5. Curious to see how the pads do and if I like the slide plate.

On another note after seeing how Murrary got a concussion the guy needs to learn how to fall because that was a super avoidable concussion. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy

13 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

@coopaloop1234Guess I might as well say it, my G6 set gets here at the end of May. I miss Warrior gloves and now that they have a good blocker and pads I’m willing to give it a shot again. I’ve never had a protection or performance issue with Warrior gloves I just I just like my sets to at least have the same base color and that all black G5 glove wasn’t cutting it lol. I went with a G6 with 90 degree palm since that’s as close as possible to what I’ve always used with warrior and a G6.1 blocker since I wasn’t a fan of G5. Curious to see how the pads do and if I like the slide plate.

On another note after seeing how Murrary got a concussion the guy needs to learn how to fall because that was a super avoidable concussion. 

Guess I was wrong then lol. 

I still have my G5 gloves kicking around, but I'm in the same boat, I did not like the G5 blocker, my GT2 was loads better. 

I love my Ultrasonics and Mach blocker, I'm just having a hard time really getting the glove to surpass my Warrior stuff. It's not like my performance is suffering, it just doesn't feel as good. 

I currently have a 6.0 glove in my cart that (kind of) matches my Bauer set, and as far as I know, the G5 and G6 liners are interchangeable so I can put my 60 degree G5 liner into it if needed. 

Just frustrating to get a new glove and it ending up a big ol' meh. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I currently have a 6.0 glove in my cart that (kind of) matches my Bauer set, and as far as I know, the G5 and G6 liners are interchangeable so I can put my 60 degree G5 liner into it if needed. 

Last I heard they weren’t interchangeable but it doesn’t hurt to ask warrior or test fit it yourself 

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I love my Ultrasonics and Mach blocker, I'm just having a hard time really getting the glove to surpass my Warrior stuff. It's not like my performance is suffering, it just doesn't feel as good. 

My performance suffers heavily with the Mach for whatever reason. I simply can’t catch with it but I can catch with a vapor glove no problem. The only glove I caught with worse than the Mach was the axis 2.9 glove I had lol

3 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Last I heard they weren’t interchangeable but it doesn’t hurt to ask warrior or test fit it yourself 

That was a worry too. Cam said he's pretty sure they're interchangeable but he's never tested them himself. I may just bring in my G5 liner to try. 

My performance suffers heavily with the Mach for whatever reason. I simply can’t catch with it but I can catch with a vapor glove no problem. The only glove I caught with worse than the Mach was the axis 2.9 glove I had lol

Only catching issue I have is the puck hitting the break at the index finger portion and not straight into the pocket. It's just a small technique change that only affects me on straight on shots where my wrist angle doesn't change. 

Any shots where I need to shift my wrist to turn the pocket I snag without issue. 

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Only catching issue I have is the puck hitting the break at the index finger portion and not straight into the pocket. It's just a small technique change that only affects me on straight on shots where my wrist angle doesn't change. 

I had that issue and the fact that the Mach glove works best fingers up or at an angle and I prefer fingers out. It never felt like the pocket was in the right place on Mach for me because everything hit the palm. Can’t say I have the same issue on gnetik, vapor, or warrior but more than likely it’s something I’m doing and not the glove itself. That said I’m not going to change how I play just to fully match setups lol