2X Pro

TheGoalNet

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

I'm hoping that the pads Vasy's wearing have a color zone not being used. I understand Bauer's going for minimal these days, but those four little stripes are not enough color.

I talked with a Bauer rep about a week ago. He said that the pads were vasys custom graphic. Looking at the chesty it might be true but the guy was a player skate rep so no clue if he knew what the graphic would look like.

2 minutes ago, Jacob Musselman said:

I talked with a Bauer rep about a week ago. He said that the pads were vasys custom graphic. Looking at the chesty it might be true but the guy was a player skate rep so no clue if he knew what the graphic would look like.

I don't know man. The way the Bauer logo is placed on the face of the pad makes it seem like it was specifically designed that way to showcase the name.

Most of the custom Bauer pads look to have the name on the outer roll and not in the same angle as the graphic.

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't know man. The way the Bauer logo is placed on the face of the pad makes it seem like it was specifically designed that way to showcase the name.

Most of the custom Bauer pads look to have the name on the outer roll and not in the same angle as the graphic.

Like I said he was a player skate rep so he knows a bit but not too much. The more I look at the pads and chesty the more it points to then being the stock graphic

@Jacob Musselman @Awgoalie164 I think that's a stock graphic. Check out how the pebbling lines up with the graphic. Why would they go out of their way to add texturing for a one off digital graphic?

I could see be a "glow" or gradient effect surrounding the four spikes that fades into white where the Bauer logo is. It would kind of echo the 2s stock graphic. I can't tell if it's a shadow but it definitely looks off-white around the edge of the spikes towards the Bauer wordmark which reminds of how they slightly tint the colorzone when you order an all white OD1n pad.

On 7/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

I'm hoping that the pads Vasy's wearing have a color zone not being used. I understand Bauer's going for minimal these days, but those four little stripes are not enough color.

I have a feeling there are unused color zones on Vasi’s pads. I’d imagine a fully customized one could look sorta like this?

09205793-E255-4093-914A-DFDA33968511.jpeg

Yeah I'm thinking that area between the spikes has a gradient zone that's not being used parallel to the inner spikes feding inward toward the logo. That would make it look like the 2s graphic except in an 'A' shape instead of a 'V' and with the gradient on the inside instead of the outside.

image.png.487fd3debf7c981365f9ea888ac45ab5.png Like this but not drawn by a four year old

That might even be a solid zone, but Bauer loves gradients to show off the digital printing.

15 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

@Jacob Musselman @Awgoalie164 I think that's a stock graphic. Check out how the pebbling lines up with the graphic. Why would they go out of their way to add texturing for a one off digital graphic?

I could see be a "glow" or gradient effect surrounding the four spikes that fades into white where the Bauer logo is. It would kind of echo the 2s stock graphic. I can't tell if it's a shadow but it definitely looks off-white around the edge of the spikes towards the Bauer wordmark which reminds of how they slightly tint the colorzone when you order an all white OD1n pad.

It looks like there’s some new texturing on the inner part of the front of the pad. The stick also says vapor on it and has the same graphic like the pads so I think it is a 2X stick

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Here’s the 2X Pro stick 

F937446C-37A9-4B63-AF26-753C1FBB2C1C.jpeg

Thats Reimer right? Ik he had used the reactor skinned as a 1x last year, so that might just be the graphic.

Also, since its called the 2xPRO, im assuming their will be a Senior Pro 2x, like the 2s, right? 

3 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Really like his graphics on these. 

1. I dont get how he played 60 games without switching into a new set, but guys like Cory Schnieder said he gets new gloves every 10 games, give or take, and gets new leg pads every 6 weeks, give or take

2. Is that a 2 piece?

9 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Thats Reimer right? Ik he had used the reactor skinned as a 1x last year, so that might just be the graphic.

Also, since its called the 2xPRO, im assuming their will be a Senior Pro 2x, like the 2s, right? 

Yes, there’s no way of knowing what that stick is based on these images 

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, there’s no way of knowing what that stick is based on these images 

Yeah for sure. I saw on the side of the shaft writing that looked like it said ¨PRO¨ if you look close, but its blurry i cant tell completley

1 minute ago, Max27 said:

1. I dont get how he played 60 games without switching into a new set, but guys like Cory Schnieder said he gets new gloves every 10 games, give or take, and gets new leg pads every 6 weeks, give or take

2. Is that a 2 piece?

All depends on how the goalie likes their equipment. Bobs gets a new gear like monthly I’ve heard 

Bauer has also put lots of energy into durability. Heard Hank used less gear last year too

10 minutes ago, Max27 said:

2. Is that a 2 piece?

+ 1

sorry this was meant for the nice set above

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

All depends on how the goalie likes their equipment. Bobs gets a new gear like monthly I’ve heard 

Bauer has also put lots of energy into durability. Heard Hank used less gear last year too

Doesnt the equipment break down after a given time amt?

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Doesnt the equipment break down after a given time amt?

Yes, but each company uses different materials 

So each material and each brand will break down at a slightly different rate 

then each goalie has a different threshold that tells them it’s time to get new gear 

so each brand and each goalie will change and dictate how long equipment lasts 

3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, but each company uses different materials 

So each material and each brand will break down at a slightly different rate 

then each goalie has a different threshold that tells them it’s time to get new gear 

so each brand and each goalie will change and dictate how long equipment lasts 

yeah it is complete preference, like goalies like Murray prefer a stiffer glove. last season in game 6 of the conference final he was playing with a brand new mitt. idk how, but he won the cup so ig it works for him

• 3 weeks later...

Archived